Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: All time coolest boss  (Read 7633 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 05:40:40 PM »
Damn!!! Forgot about that too. That was an epic fight! And the tune 'Room of close associates' only enhances the experience!  :D

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
Re: All time coolest boss
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 08:11:31 PM »
yes....and it was kinda hard too, Slogra and Gaibon had their scene there because in SotN they were soooo easy...  :(

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 09:47:23 PM »
yep, they were so easy, but it was fun to try to beat them with handicaps, like bare fists or the red rust.

how about the Statue of Liberty boss from the Famicom version of Kid Dracula?  haha, it'd be awesome if they redid that "boss" to actually fight you in a "real" Castlevania game like they did so many other Kid Dracula enemies.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 09:57:44 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Felix

• Commander of Drac's Ghost Ship
  • Hunter in Training
  • My ship. I hope Richter isn't aboard. Oh shi-
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 05:48:16 AM »
Living Armor from bloodlines. Looked sweet, and it was sweet to see it dismembering.

Or the Mega Ultra Hyper Super Duper Disco-Dancing Gears of DoomTM

Behemoth from CV64. Now I know that folk does something. Plus, we dismember it. Awesome.

Maybe Death from Bloodlines, just for the sake of the boss rush.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 07:10:24 AM »

Dracula in SCV4. Not because of Dracula himself, but the whole atmosphere, music and so on. I love everything about it.

I also like the Brauner fight in PoR, believe it or not. And Legion was a really cool boss until it began appearing in faaaar too many games.

Offline Nox_A15

• CastleKeeper
  • Hunter in Training
    • CastleKeeper's Chronicles - The World of Castlevania
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 06:08:02 PM »
I also like the Brauner fight in PoR, believe it or not.

I almost forgot about that one. Yea, it was quite original, I also like it.
“No man knows till he has suffered from the night how sweet and dear to his heart and eye the morning can be.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 06:33:22 AM »
yep, they were so easy, but it was fun to try to beat them with bare fists.

in my most recent record for SotN speed run i realized the fastest way to kill them at that level is bare fisted.

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Tavis Belmont

• Video Game Approved
  • Hunter in Training
  • Game on!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 05:51:56 PM »
#5: Trevor from Curse of Darkness.
Mainly the setup for this one. Trevor threatens Hector, badass music plays, and decent fight ensues. Not hard, but fun.

#4: Galamoth from Symphony of the Night.
This fight is difficult enough with Alucard, and is refreshing after some easier bosses in the Inverted Castle. Beating him with Richter is even harder. No Hydro Spam, here.

#3: Soma from Dawn of Sorrow.
Again, setup here is nice. I usually fight him with only Julius, which makes him pretty hard. Alucard and Yoko have an easier time with him, but it's the small space that really makes him even remotely challenging. Good and fun encounter.

#2: Death from Castlevania.
This fight is still my least favorite in Castlevania history. He's so tough that I still end up cheesing him with Holy Water. This battle is still why Death is considered a menace, even if his later incarnations fluctuate in difficulty.

#1: Dracula from Dracula X Chronicles.
Holy smacks. Third form is a beast! Form one and two are predictable, but form three keeps you guessing and memorizing! The developers knew this, too, because the music is a beatiful extension of Dance of Illusions, and Dracula seems to always say something different before sprouting his wings. It took me forever to finally beat him, because he always threw out something new, but I never got frustrated. This fight inspired determination, and that is why it is number one!
Defeating evil: Apparently easy.
Defeating the Lord of Darkness with a whip and some water: Damn.
"I'm a Belmont. That's my job."

Offline RoGE

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 08:20:57 PM »
Hmm... There are so many good ones..

5. Zombie trio in Castlevania sotn
4. Hugh Baldwin -this guy was awesome to fight, I mean how often do you see a boss RUN after you?
3. Dracula sotn
2. Richter - back then when the good guy turning evil was kinda a new thing in video games
1. Evil Soma -He IS badass.

Offline Felix

• Commander of Drac's Ghost Ship
  • Hunter in Training
  • My ship. I hope Richter isn't aboard. Oh shi-
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 09:48:55 AM »
More ones...

Soma Cruz from DoS. He IS soooooo badass. Actually, his 2nd form (ripped from Rondo) kicked my butt over 12 times before I figured his pattern.

Did he had a pattern? Well, I think so. DoS is sooooooooo awesome.

But we're not here for that.

Drac's 2nd form in CotM. No questions asked.

Drac in Vampire's Kiss. SO effingly hard. Just play it.

Skeletons on motorcycles  Our friend Ortega, the ultimate were-thing. I think it's a Chimera.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 11:22:54 AM »
It is a chimera. But I still don't know how you can get a chimera form from a man-beast concidering they are two totally different spieces. But i guess that's Dracula's power for ya.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 11:44:27 PM »
Hugh Baldwin. Now that guy brought me some fond memories. I tried fighting him over and over agian with every possible combination. It was arguably one of the best bossfights I ever had.

I also loved the Dracula fight in Circle of the Moon because he actualy attacks you from off screen and had a new awesome boss theme (that we have yet to hear redone, dear IGA, bring that music back!) and had one of the coolest "true forms of Dracula" to be showcased thus far.

Tags: