Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 3 Boss Questions  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: March 21, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »
I have three boss questions for you:

Q1. If they created a new DS game and decided to add another one of the Symphony of the Night boss battles "as is" as a bonus (such as when Portrait of Ruin ripped the fake Trevor/Sypha/Grant battle for the Nest of Evil), which one would you most like to see?

Q2. Which boss that has only appeared in one game would you most like to see redone in a new game?

Q3. Which "normal enemy" would you like to see turned into a boss battle the most.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: 3 Boss Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 10:15:37 AM »

Q1. If they created a new DS game and decided to add another one of the Symphony of the Night boss battles "as is" as a bonus (such as when Portrait of Ruin ripped the fake Trevor/Sypha/Grant battle for the Nest of Evil), which one would you most like to see?

Q2. Which boss that has only appeared in one game would you most like to see redone in a new game?

Q3. Which "normal enemy" would you like to see turned into a boss battle the most.
1) Cerberus
2) Galamoth (possibly as the main antagnist in a game taking place after DoS or between LoI and CV3)
3) Venus Weed, but super-charged and using the whole room including the background
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:08:53 PM »

1. Beelzebub (he's GOTTA put up more of a fight, though)
2. Ghost Dancers of CV4
3. Treant. I know it sounds lame, but think if they made it a Galamoth sized titan that is brought to life by lightning like in Poltergeist. Could be badass.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »
wow, two plant based enemies turned bosses so far.  a Trent boss should have Wall Widows protruding from it rapidly at random times in random locations and directions, just to throw you off.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 08:25:19 PM »

the grant sypha trevor alucard combo, no clue which, ax lord armor or any armor really, but ax lord is just the cooler ones imo.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »
1. I don't know if I'd like to see another SotN boss battle "as is", but I would like to see some more Olrox

2. Olrox or Galamoth, but if I have to choose one, Galamoth

3. I'm not really sure about normal enemies as bosses, but now that Slogra and Gaibon are normal enemies I'd like to see them back as bosses.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 01:06:46 AM »

1) Scylla.
2) Fred Ascare and Paula Abghoul were the shiznit and should get a kick-ass remake.
3) Chupacabra / Cave Troll. I think it would make for a fun battle if done correctly. I'd love to see one of the little bastards jumpin' around like a fleaman on cocaine and then suddenly bust out with a dried up goat it just sucked and flings it at you! LOL ^_^
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:08:35 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 01:58:00 AM »
For myself:
1. I just beat Olrox today, and man that's a fun fight.  I would love to see it return even "as is" in another game.
2. I think one boss that's "due" for a new game is the Hippogryph, considering how it's soul has been in two games for giving a "rocket jump".  It needs to be beefed up quite a bit though.  Actually, I consider this a "remake" of the Mr. Chicken boss from the two Kid Dracula games, so it might not count as an enemy that's only been in one game. 
3. I gotta go with Venus Weed.  The regular enemy is quite difficult to deal with, a boss could be murder.

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 06:30:39 AM »
1 - sorry, not very fan of DS games...

2 - Galamoth.

3 - Blood Skeleton (not kidding) with lots of special abilities and naturally, nearlly impossible to kill, like a 10 minutes fight.

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »
1. Succubus

2. Olrox

3. Venus Weed

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 09:18:20 PM »
1- Beezelbub
2- Beezelbub, really want it to be in LOS
3- Harpy, I would kill for an angel-shaped harpy, with stunning voice, just like the old mythology ;)

I think a Venus weed fight would turn out to be like the Poison Ivy fight at Arkham Asylum. Plant's are boring  :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:20:05 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 04:02:39 AM »

3- Harpy, I would kill for an angel-shaped harpy, with stunning voice, just like the old mythology ;)

4- I think a Venus weed fight would turn out to be like the Poison Ivy fight at Arkham Asylum. Plant's are boring  :P

3 - Very nice idea!

4 - indeed.

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »
Wasn't a Harpy the boss of the outer wall in LoD?  I believe that third question was for a normal enemy to be a boss, and had never been one before.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »
Yes, only I think she was referred to as the Siren instead of a harpy. But oh well. A winged greek bird-woman has indeed been a boss character.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 05:26:34 PM »
Wasn't a Harpy the boss of the outer wall in LoD?  I believe that third question was for a normal enemy to be a boss, and had never been one before.

CV64s doesn't count. Proceed with harpy boss conjecture.

Tags: