Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 151190 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Can't stop listening to Oonagh music
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #675 on: August 27, 2019, 05:29:40 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:32:01 PM by Super Waffle »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #676 on: September 23, 2019, 05:22:35 PM »
Rediscovering my teenage love of Type O Negative. Holy shizzlenit, October Rust is such a perfect album. Heavy nostalgia with this one, glad I never got rid of it during The Great CD Purge of 2013.

https://youtu.be/3e1gkynGXXM
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #677 on: October 26, 2019, 10:39:51 PM »
Broz, it's 2003 all over again. I've bought more music in one day this weekend than I have in a long, long time.

Started by going to Electric Fetus in Minneapolis since I was really jonesin' for some tactile CD goodness. Stores like Best Buy and Target barely carry CDs anymore so I figured I'd better go to an actual record store and support local business. Super great place, found some stuff I wanted.

Babymetal - Metal Galaxy
Front Line Assembly - Wake Up the Coma
OOMPH! - Unrein
Popol Vuh - Nosferatu the Vampyre Original Soundtrack

I've been on a big FLA kick lately and the new album is badass. I really dig this track with the dude from Paradise Lost:

Then I got some digital download bullshit 'cos hey, it's cheap and convenient and it's all getting loaded onto my new 256GB iPod touch anyway.

The Birthday Massacre - Walking with Strangers
Boris - New Album
Boris - Attention Please
Boris - Heavy Rocks 2011
Jakalope - Born 4

And right now I'm finally ripping my 3-CD expanded version of Nurse with Wound's Soliloquy for Lilith, so yeeeeaaaaah. Good stuff.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #678 on: October 04, 2020, 11:03:17 AM »
This might be the first time Necro-bumping a thread. But I guess since it's about music then.. :-\

Anyways, been listening to a lot of old school tunes lately (70s 80s stuff).

We can start off with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19o_0BLlNc0

Followed by this (It kinda sounds like it came from a video game)  ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ5KE_XzORA
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Pavlov's Dong
  • Master Hunter
  • I clearly remember it being spelled WolfenSTAIN
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #679 on: October 18, 2020, 01:50:17 AM »
I've been listening to a ton of Benighted lately. I can't believe I've never heard of them until about a year ago...they've been around since '98. Great band from France...death metal and grindcore.

I really love the range of their vocalist. He's got like a dozen different voices, it seems like. Drums are great, riffs are interesting, and melodic every once in a while. I just can't get enough of this band.

I've really liked the handful of covers they've done, too. Like this cover of Slaughter of the Soul, one of my favorite melodic death metal songs. And what they did to it is fantastic, especially the crazy part toward the end. They have a really good Marduk cover too, with some great vocals.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 02:07:07 AM by JR »
I like big butts, but I do have the tendency to lie quite a bit.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #680 on: October 21, 2020, 11:07:10 PM »

Tags:

anything