Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MvC3  (Read 16388 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: April 20, 2010, 12:03:56 AM »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:55:14 AM »
yea i just saw that on another forum.
its pretty damn awesome ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:37:12 AM »
omgomg omg omg ogmgosmgodsmgasgodasn SWEET!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »
Nice to see Capcom listening to the fans. I wish more companies would do that more.
Now where the hell is my Megaman Legends 3? =P
"Stuff and things."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:03:39 PM »
Now where the hell is my Megaman Legends 3? =P

I second that!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 02:01:19 PM »
Personally, I'm kind of "over" the Marvel aspect of these games... Overall, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had more appealing characters, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if this uses a modified engine of TvC or Street Fighter 4 based on the trailer.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 01:59:37 AM »
Personally, I'm kind of "over" the Marvel aspect of these games... Overall, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had more appealing characters, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if this uses a modified engine of TvC or Street Fighter 4 based on the trailer.
your sorta make it  sound as if its a bad thing 8)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »
I seriously doubt they're gonna use the SF4 engine over the TvC one.
The TvC one is already set up for a Vs game.
And, besides, who the hell cares what engine they use?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 02:41:19 PM »
It's not the cross over that appeals to me. It's the awesome exaggeration of powers. Ryu's super beam hadoken, for instance... Can you say, utter pwnage?

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
Re: MvC3
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »
well, it will likely be unbalanced and broke. but who cares when you have fun variable comboing an opponent to death.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 02:59:33 AM »
Hopefully it won't suck like MvC2.

Can do without the broken characters, and infinite combos. What's the point of having all these characters if everyone picks the same 6 characters?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 10:56:27 AM »
I havent really liked any of these cross over games. I liked the first MvC cause it played more like a classic SF game. Once they dropped 2 buttons and made it all about super fast moves and combos in MvC2 I stopped caring. I have TvC and I think Ive played it like twice

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 12:43:23 PM »
I agree there, Aridale.
It just isn't the same without the 6-button setup.
It seems less strategic somehow.
I definitely played MvC alot more than MvC2.
Come to think of it I played even more of MSHvSF & XvSF before that.
"Stuff and things."

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »
Using the TvC engine is not a bad thing...it's just that I thought MvC was a different animal and would use high-rez sprites given its storied history. I can use Ryu's beam hadoken in TvC already, so this has to have more variety than that.

To make this exciting, they're really going to have to break out some interesting roster choices. Capcom needs characters like DMC's Dante, Ghosts 'n Goblins' Sir Arthur, Megaman X's Sigma and/or Vile, and some male Darkstalkers people will use like Demitri, Donavan, and/or Talbain. Marvel, I don't care about too much, but they should at least try Silver Surfer and Galactus.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 02:34:51 PM »
Dante is pretty much confirmed. I want to see his brother Vergil though. I'd also like to see Jedah or Pyron.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags:

anything