Poll

What is the most annoying enemy in the series?

Flea men
11 (22.4%)
Medusa Heads
27 (55.1%)
Crows
5 (10.2%)
Ghosts
1 (2%)
Imps
1 (2%)
I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a dark priest.
4 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Most Annoying Enemy  (Read 18948 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 08:37:56 AM »
The Medusa Heads have definitely been extremely annoying since the very first game.
Fleamen, Crows and Imps come in 2nd, 3rd & 4th respectively.

BTW. I would like to extend a sincere and heart-felt 'fuck you' to IGA and Konami for that one room in the DoS Clock Tower that has both kinds of medusas, imps and a couple of fleamen. Go eat the rotten asshole of a road-killed skunk you douche nozzles. ^_^
"Stuff and things."

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
Re: Most Annoying Enemy
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 09:52:50 AM »
my "mind" was recently violated by a dark priest so i choe to forget everything chaotic i've done...

but those medusa heads that turn you to stone surelly are annoying bc i'm always in a rush, wanting to batle the next boss always and they always were interrupting me...  :(

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 01:58:41 AM »
Nothing in any Castlevania compares to the Red Arremers from Ghouls 'n' Ghosts.

Oh those, yes they are a pain, but you can lure them to their doom by not jumping and shooting your weapons wildly. In the first game they will come down to your level, then run after you, wail on them quickly and they go bye bye quickly, in the later games they are a little less predictable.

On topic, Medusa Heads with an honorable mention to the second loop flaming skulls of CV 3 as someone mentioned. They do have a similar pattern to Medusa heads, but have a more unpredictable flying arc.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 09:53:14 AM »
I remember those bastards! I thought the game designers were assholes when I first encountered those Medusa variants.
They are interesting because they seem to have a random chance of colliding with platforms and either bouncing in the opposite direction or resetting their path in order to change their height. Pricks. I'm glad the medusa heads never learned that trick.

On a side note, wouldn't it have been interesting to have a higher level medusa head that turns into one of these things when hit once?
By 'interesting' I, of course, mean sadistic.
"Stuff and things."

Offline ReinhardtSchneider

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 09:33:07 AM »
Medusa Heads, hands down.

I concur

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
+1
Medusa Heads.

In every part there are one of the most annoying beasts.
Fleamen are annoying too. But at least they didn't throw you form the platforms.

Offline Sillek

• Early Bird
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 05:32:26 AM »
Voted for Medusa heads.

Results were what I expected.
Yawn~

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 05:46:33 AM »
Medusa Heads is the only correct answer.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 03:36:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure the Medusa heads have caused me the most deaths. I do hate those damned crows and flea men just as much though. Perhaps I hate the flea men the most. Little bastards.

Offline ReinhardtSchneider

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 07:20:49 AM »
Initially I replied saying Medusa Head was the most annoying,  I'd like to say Medusa Heads are  the most annoying in older games (pre-SotN) but newer games have made Flea Man the most annoying.  They're so hard to hit sometimes!

Offline atebit80

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 08:02:59 AM »
i picked the ghosts, because they take a few hits and are always hovering down at you, kinda hard to hit sometimes. Of course nothing beats a swarm of flea men

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 08:15:40 AM »
Crows, I hate those damn things. I can handle fleamen and medusa heads but those crows always get me
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 06:40:56 AM »
Those fucking medusa heads... they piss me off even more than those floating unicorn heads from the second Zelda game.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 04:44:31 PM »
The worse enemy in Castlevania ?

Dullahan is one of the fiercest, for sure.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 04:49:13 PM »
"Innovator" is the most annoying enemy. Him/it can be fought only after you've beat PoR 3 consecutive times with the Cream Pie equipped.

Tags:

anything