Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Igarashi has a 3DS dev kit, working on game ideas  (Read 10481 times)

Offline Rictrunks

• ----
  • Hunter in Training
  • ----
    • Awards
Igarashi has a 3DS dev kit, working on game ideas
« on: June 24, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »
The following information comes from an interview with Igarashi....

- admits to having a 3DS dev kit
- says what he saw at E3 already looks better than what he's been using
- wants to create 3DS games
- ideas he has are still in their infancy
- much testing to be done
- working on many titles for Konami right now, with some of them not being related to Castlevania
- as for the next 2D action/exploration Castlevania title, Igarashi is “not sure how long we’ll have to wait.”
http://www.destructoid.com/koji-igarashi-on-3ds-kinect-the-future-of-castlevania-177441.phtml

MarquisX

Re: Igarashi has a 3DS dev kit, working on game ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 12:12:51 PM »
Pretty cool. Hopefully the 1999 battle in 3D! Thanks for the info!

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 12:23:52 PM »
I'm just glad to see Iga is still at konami and still has some work in the Castlevania department!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 12:27:54 PM »
That's good to hear that IGA's still making NORMAL 2D CV titles. Looks like we won't have to worry about the CV series going one way or the other, and we might be in that virtual sweet spot where we get both IGA's Castlevania canon AND Cox's Castlevania canon.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 01:23:50 PM »
That's good news.  I love his metroidvanias.  Also, I hope his cannon remains intact even after LoS comes out.  I like the way his cannon is with the exception of a few plot holes which can be cleared up with a few games.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »
Man, how many more chances is Konami going to give this guy to fuck up the series?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 02:21:42 PM »
3D boobs, 3D boobs, 3D boobs, 3D boobs...

Man, how many more chances is Konami going to give this guy to fuck up the series?

I find all of the "Metroidvanias" pretty fun and fascinating in certain ways. I'd rather have IGA Castlevania games than no Castlevania games at all. It's not like he's stopping other teams from developing them.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline DingusBelmondo

• Mysterious Stranger
  • Vampire Hunter
  • "Is this your wife? What a lovely throat!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 02:48:36 PM »
Console of choice for 1999 game? I mean obvs ideally it would be a 2D HD on 360, PS3, and Wii. But I would be stoked on 3DS as well.
Go. Set Forth! Both your own life and hers are at stake.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 02:53:06 PM »
I think IGA's games are very playable. They might not be as progressive as one hopes for, but in the end of the day, with the exception of Judgement, I DO still play(re-play) many of IGA's CV games. Of course, it's not likely he's going to do another 3D game anytime soon, but that's what we got Cox for! IGA seens impressed at what Cox has been doing. Who knows, maybe, in the  future, there might even be a possibility of an IGA/Cox collaboration. Maybe IGA giving the ideas and Cox's team makig them into an awesome 3D world.

Buy yeah, I AM glad to know IGA's still got 2D CV in mind.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 04:28:27 PM »
I have to admit I'm kinda ready for a new Metroidvania. Preferably something different, and the 3DS should have different graphics at least. After Order of Ecclesia I felt tired of the formula, but now... dunno... I could totally see myself exploring stuff IGA style again :D

If IGA should ever revisit the Metroidvania formula I think he should make the game world a bit like Ecclesia with countryside and maybe a village, but he should get rid of the overworld map and just make the game one big cohesive world, kinda lika Simon's Quest. No disconnected areas, no effin portrait "portals", just a great, big, beautiful, varied 2D world that takes place in and outside of Drac's castle.

Heck, why don't he just remake Simon's Quest as his first 3DS project? If there's anyone who could pull this off, it's probably IGA, seeing how much experience he has with Metroidvanias. He should stay reasonably faithful to the source material but add his own touches with brand new SotN-quality graphics, expanded/altered areas and stuff like that. I guess he could possibly fuck up the story, but I don't care. It's the gameplay that counts.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »
couldn't help but notice from the article that he's working on Otomedius Excellent.  so, Kokoro Belmont might be his creation after all?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 06:21:17 PM »
Heck, why don't he just remake Simon's Quest as his first 3DS project? If there's anyone who could pull this off, it's probably IGA, seeing how much experience he has with Metroidvanias. He should stay reasonably faithful to the source material but add his own touches with brand new SotN-quality graphics, expanded/altered areas and stuff like that. I guess he could possibly fuck up the story, but I don't care. It's the gameplay that counts.

Hell yeah! That's something I could sink my teeth in. A 3DS Simon's Quest remake!! IGA, make it happen, with no lying, vague villagers, please(and a boss in every mansion!)!!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 07:31:23 PM »
nope not me... if theres one person I DO NOT want remakin my fav game of all time its IGA

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
3D boobs, 3D boobs, 3D boobs, 3D boobs...

LOL
I'm on hiatus now.

MarquisX

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 06:39:02 AM »
Hell yeah! That's something I could sink my teeth in. A 3DS Simon's Quest remake!! IGA, make it happen, with no lying, vague villagers, please(and a boss in every mansion!)!!
God, I love that game but it's hard to play nowadays with the fact it uses the same levels, music and towns over and over again with no challenge. If he can just readjust the game to be more balanced in everyway I mentioned above you would have a Castlevania masterpiece. The game was a mess but it was its concept that made it a classic.

Tags:

anything