Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is Iga washed up?  (Read 65390 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2010, 12:06:40 PM »
I've seen an actual chain whip of sorts on You Tube. Some guy named Addam Winrich who is a professinal whip user and builder, owns a whip made out of chain-link. A buddy of his built it. It functions some-what like your standard whip but is more flimsy due to the lack of leather to give it some form of riggedness. But when he started to crack that baby around, it looked and sounded just like a real whip.

-X

The difference is that's a chain mail whip, not a chain link whip like the Belmonts.

That is really cool though. I didn't know the guy was a Belmont.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFJ5w83mNM&feature=channel

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2010, 12:09:36 PM »
yeah weve posted stuff of him on here before... Hes prolly the closest to a "real" Belmont there is lol

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2010, 02:05:06 PM »
Let me tell you, that is one of the coolest things you can do with a whip. I had one that was kinda on it's last leg, getting unraveled and such, so I used it for a fire whip experiment. It didn't last too long though. I am guessing you really need to soak the thing in kerosene or something to get it to last as long as the video shows.

Uhh... I mean, dont try it at home kids.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Is Iga washed up?
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2010, 02:07:42 PM »
Having some other storyline in the series will not hurt it. As long as this story is good.
While I dislike HOD and doesn't very fond of POR - how they could be spin-offs? HOD starring Belmont and POR is direct (if bad) continuation of Bloodlines.
Don't let hatred cloud your mind and judgement.

Hi Sumac, ok thanks for the advice.

You know, it's not only about the storyline that I think all games after 2002 should be considered as Spin offs. It's an overall view. Gameplay is too different, heroes are too different, general ambiance is too different (with lots of bad humoristic elements like Guitars, water closed or playable Pumpkins), difficulty and longevity are too different, artworks are lame and don't correspond to Castlevania spirit, etc etc...

You know Sumac, when I had to find a lost cat for a little boy (in order to grab a useless item as always), I really thought I wasn't playing a Castlevania at all.

And when I had to decorate a useless empty room with lights and carpets = the same.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2010, 02:42:31 PM »
It's an overall view. Gameplay is too different, heroes are too different, general ambiance is too different
The funny thing is it's practically the same thing that people say about Lords of Shadow. That "it's too different to be called Castlevania".

As for me I try to accept changes. All of them. It doesn't mean that I like them, but I always try to find at least a bit of hope that things will turn out good.
As for the latest CV games - I think some of them are really gone too far with all this anime stuff like AOS, DOS and POR. OOE was genuinly good game. It was removed far from Castlevania storyline, but atmosphere was right and gameplay was solid for a change.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:29 PM »
Let me tell you, that is one of the coolest things you can do with a whip. I had one that was kinda on it's last leg, getting unraveled and such, so I used it for a fire whip experiment. It didn't last too long though. I am guessing you really need to soak the thing in kerosene or something to get it to last as long as the video shows.

Uhh... I mean, dont try it at home kids.

It's a special Kevlar whip so he can burn it multiple times

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2010, 03:30:00 PM »
The funny thing is it's practically the same thing that people say about Lords of Shadow. That "it's too different to be called Castlevania".

I agree with you but that's a shame. Do these guys know Castlevania ? I don't think so.

Castlevania is a major CULT GAME but it IS NOT Iga's vision, which offer :

- Lvl Up which makes the game far too easy and makes incredibly strong characters
- Encyclopedia with lots of useless informations (weakness of enemies as Stone, Thunder, Poison which mostly have no use during the game)
- merchants to buy everything, food and armory and weapons, which make the game even easier
- easy bosses and easy Draculas with lame forms
- bad-humored elements such as Electric Guitar or Waterclosed, totally horrible in a CULT game like Castlevania
- dull characters design and stories, seriously when I look Isaac and story with ebony stones, what a joke
- stupid actions like searching for a cat lost in a tree or decorating a room --> WTF
- incredible short game which all good players are able to finish the first day purchased
- no more difficulty in Castlevania games, no more challenge, useless new characters when game finished (a Pumpkin ? A Character everyone knows like Richter ? Only Joachim was interesting)
- tons and tons of stupid and useless items which take artificially hundred hours to collect by killing the same enemies in the same rooms during days and days for NOTHING
- always the same music style with M. Yamane (none of all her score exceed her masterpiece SOTN)
- the way to get your health ? To go in save rooms !!!! Full health and cond ! Too easy ! There are save rooms everywhere !
- lame artworks with always repetitive pale and blond characters, in comparison with great other illustrators (I have no time to list them all, but I admit this point is personal and other people can appreciate Kojima's work)
- lots and lots of other things ...... I'm not short in arguments but it would be too long to write everything DULL in these lame games.

NONE OF THESE ELEMENTS were in Castlevania before IGA. And what ? Are they really NEEDED ? Many people who are truly IGA-fanboys cannot see that anymore, they grew up playing with these games and discovered Castlevania that way, so of course they can't open their eyes anymore.

For many players, it's too late. In their mind : it's even IGA who CREATED Castlevania. The worse ? This damn-lyer is pleased with that idea but as you know, it's not true. Some months ago I saw him in a video with a journalist during a games show and he was very satisfied when he heard that incult journalist saying he created Castlevania ! And he didn't even CORRECTED this LIE. Awesome bad-behaviour. Very incorrect man.... a shame for all Castlevania original fans.

OK, I agree his games are not bad games to play, but all the points I listed should at least convince you there are no more original Castlevania elements in his games. That's why in my view as well as my friends : CV since 2002 is not CV anymore. There's not even vampires, just stupid Skeletons and Living Armors, in all kind of variations.

I admit Lords of Shadow is NOT the messiah : if I made the game, I would have changed a lot of things. No QTE, no magic, no combos,.... But the game is still a Reboot since IGA's creation, it's made in a different way with a different team and that's what I wanted the most since 8 years : some fresh air to finish IGA's "destruction" of my beloved series.

Originally, for each CV game, it was a NEW team who created the games. New artworks, new characters, new gameplay, new design, new bosses : all the games were very different. What comparisons between Simon's Quest and Bloodlines ? Or Belmont's Revenge and Super Castlevania IV ?

But since 8 years, we've got pretty much the same games, with Double Jumps, slides, soul eating ability (or glyphes or demons or whatever you want), pale blond characters (Juste, Hector, Soma, etc etc) and merchants and....

......and I don't want to repeat myself. I have a lot of weighty arguments, but who cares ? Not many people on this forum, who prefer to send direct attacks and insults.

Maybe with that post I made some fans think a little more about their adoration for IGA productions. If not, that's not grave, each of us has the right to do and think what he wants. Just destroy LOS as you want, although it's not even released, and continue to celebrate IGA's Castleshits with the return of Alucard and Soma in next pitiful downloadable game which is finished in 6 hours.

Sorry for this long post (again) and please no personal insults as always.
Sorry too for my quite-bad English, which is not my mother tongue. I hope it's still understable
It took me a lot of time to write it, please at least respect it
Let's debate if you think differently. I would be glad
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:33:54 PM by Innovator »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »
There is such a thing as an anti-fanboy.
Although I agree with some of your points, it's really not that big a deal.  I like some Classic CVs,and I like some Metroidvania CV's.  That's never gonna change.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2010, 06:07:23 PM »
There's not even vampires, just stupid Skeletons and Living Armors, in all kind of variations.

As if the classic games ever had more than two vampires per game. Same as IGA games.

Given some of the things you mentioned, I'm not entirely convinced you actually play Castlevania games. Half of the gripes you have don't even exist. Your argument is a complete sham.

There is also the fact that you have to ask people not to personally attack you. That says a lot right there.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2010, 06:52:03 PM »
Some people just love to spend more time stressing themselves about everything they can find wrong with these games. rather than rational, level-headed fans like ourselves that like them for what they are. Most of us anyway.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »
Given some of the things you mentioned, I'm not entirely convinced you actually play Castlevania games. Half of the gripes you have don't even exist. Your argument is a complete sham.

Hi uzo,

I have nothing to proove you, but I know every Castlevania until Order of Ecclesia by heart (finished all them many times in Lv1 Max, the only interesting difficulty). Half of the points don't even exist ? So please be my guest.

It's easy to crush a guy, but more difficult to explain your point.

I understand Jorge, you like Metroidvania, good for you ! I play both "classics" and "Igavania" but I think this last style is boring because it's always the same. That's why I would like so changes for next Castlevania games, but I don't want to play classics games as well.

A fresh new air is needed for the saga.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »
Honestly I think you're a liar. Plain and simple.

Your list of complaints is enough to prove that you do not know the games by heart, much less have likely even played many of them. My hat is off to you, for being a bigger troll than I can. I may be a cold hearted egotistical jerk, but at least I don't lie when I troll.

If you want to have a real discussion, get equipped with some facts, and stop making up false claims. It only serves to discredit your word, and annoy everyone on this board.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2010, 06:32:28 PM »
I agree with you but that's a shame. Do these guys know Castlevania ? I don't think so.

Castlevania is a major CULT GAME but it IS NOT Iga's vision, which offer :

- Lvl Up which makes the game far too easy and makes incredibly strong characters
- Encyclopedia with lots of useless informations (weakness of enemies as Stone, Thunder, Poison which mostly have no use during the game)
- merchants to buy everything, food and armory and weapons, which make the game even easier
- easy bosses and easy Draculas with lame forms
- bad-humored elements such as Electric Guitar or Waterclosed, totally horrible in a CULT game like Castlevania
- dull characters design and stories, seriously when I look Isaac and story with ebony stones, what a joke
- stupid actions like searching for a cat lost in a tree or decorating a room --> WTF
- incredible short game which all good players are able to finish the first day purchased
- no more difficulty in Castlevania games, no more challenge, useless new characters when game finished (a Pumpkin ? A Character everyone knows like Richter ? Only Joachim was interesting)
- tons and tons of stupid and useless items which take artificially hundred hours to collect by killing the same enemies in the same rooms during days and days for NOTHING
- always the same music style with M. Yamane (none of all her score exceed her masterpiece SOTN)
- the way to get your health ? To go in save rooms !!!! Full health and cond ! Too easy ! There are save rooms everywhere !
- lame artworks with always repetitive pale and blond characters, in comparison with great other illustrators (I have no time to list them all, but I admit this point is personal and other people can appreciate Kojima's work)
- lots and lots of other things ...... I'm not short in arguments but it would be too long to write everything DULL in these lame games.

NONE OF THESE ELEMENTS were in Castlevania before IGA. And what ? Are they really NEEDED ? Many people who are truly IGA-fanboys cannot see that anymore, they grew up playing with these games and discovered Castlevania that way, so of course they can't open their eyes anymore.

For many players, it's too late. In their mind : it's even IGA who CREATED Castlevania. The worse ? This damn-lyer is pleased with that idea but as you know, it's not true. Some months ago I saw him in a video with a journalist during a games show and he was very satisfied when he heard that incult journalist saying he created Castlevania ! And he didn't even CORRECTED this LIE. Awesome bad-behaviour. Very incorrect man.... a shame for all Castlevania original fans.

OK, I agree his games are not bad games to play, but all the points I listed should at least convince you there are no more original Castlevania elements in his games. That's why in my view as well as my friends : CV since 2002 is not CV anymore. There's not even vampires, just stupid Skeletons and Living Armors, in all kind of variations.

I admit Lords of Shadow is NOT the messiah : if I made the game, I would have changed a lot of things. No QTE, no magic, no combos,.... But the game is still a Reboot since IGA's creation, it's made in a different way with a different team and that's what I wanted the most since 8 years : some fresh air to finish IGA's "destruction" of my beloved series.

Originally, for each CV game, it was a NEW team who created the games. New artworks, new characters, new gameplay, new design, new bosses : all the games were very different. What comparisons between Simon's Quest and Bloodlines ? Or Belmont's Revenge and Super Castlevania IV ?

But since 8 years, we've got pretty much the same games, with Double Jumps, slides, soul eating ability (or glyphes or demons or whatever you want), pale blond characters (Juste, Hector, Soma, etc etc) and merchants and....

......and I don't want to repeat myself. I have a lot of weighty arguments, but who cares ? Not many people on this forum, who prefer to send direct attacks and insults.

Maybe with that post I made some fans think a little more about their adoration for IGA productions. If not, that's not grave, each of us has the right to do and think what he wants. Just destroy LOS as you want, although it's not even released, and continue to celebrate IGA's Castleshits with the return of Alucard and Soma in next pitiful downloadable game which is finished in 6 hours.

Sorry for this long post (again) and please no personal insults as always.
Sorry too for my quite-bad English, which is not my mother tongue. I hope it's still understable
It took me a lot of time to write it, please at least respect it
Let's debate if you think differently. I would be glad

The only thing I have to say is that I'd take Richter 9001 times over Joachim. Heck, every Castlevania game should have an unlockable Richter mode. They should even have a game where Richter goes and kills every other non-Belmont hunter then kills Dracula and succeeds in resurrecting him only to kill him again.

Richter is so mighty, his footfalls measure on the Richter scale.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »
The only thing I have to say is that I'd take Richter 9001 times over Joachim. Heck, every Castlevania game should have an unlockable Richter mode. They should even have a game where Richter goes and kills every other non-Belmont hunter then kills Dracula and succeeds in resurrecting him only to kill him again.

Richter is so mighty, his footfalls measure on the Richter scale.

This post is awesome.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2010, 10:37:22 PM »
Honestly I think you're a liar. Plain and simple.

Your list of complaints is enough to prove that you do not know the games by heart, much less have likely even played many of them. My hat is off to you, for being a bigger troll than I can. I may be a cold hearted egotistical jerk, but at least I don't lie when I troll.

If you want to have a real discussion, get equipped with some facts, and stop making up false claims. It only serves to discredit your word, and annoy everyone on this board.

Honestly I think it's impossible to discuss something with such an unpleasant troller like you. Next time, please avoid this kind of useless message which totally discredit you. Thank you uzo.

Tags: