Poll

Do you want future Castlevania game with 2D o 3D gameplay?

2D
21 (51.2%)
3D
20 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?  (Read 28877 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »
paletteswap spam 

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »
Confusion? Are you kidding? No individual with a brain will get confused over the usage of the term CV64.
If you don't want to get called out for saying dumb things, then don't say dumb things.

How rude.

So I will just explain something to you. A young guy who would like to begin a collection will try to get that famous CV64 writting it, but honestly it isn't the Official game title, so it's not sure he will match with something. It's not me who decided that the name was simply Castlevania, it's Konami. So I don't understand why you're agressive like that towards me, it's non-sense.

Yes Jorge, you used to call it that way. That's your very right, and you can continue to do that if you want. Of course. But keep in mind I'm not telling bullshit here.

OK for shortcut like SOTN, AOS, DOS and so. It allows to gain some time. But Castlevania 64 isn't a shortcut in comparison with Castlevania for N64 (just 3 letters more). And Castlevania 64 doesn't exist, it's not like Pilotwings, Doom, and many other N64 titles. Honestly, I don't know why but that's not my business and that's not my decision.

Konami rules.

End of discussion guys, I think all points of view have been read here. (personally, I admit I understand nothing about that paletteswap guy^^)

So 2D or 3D ? I just want GOOD games, either 3D or 2D. And as a Huge Fan of the series, I really would like to see a Good Next Gen Castlevania. That's all. To see the end of the malediction started with LOI and COD.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »
Oh geez.

How rude.
You're the one that came on here spewing your misguided opinions & treating them like they're facts. "That's not only my point of view, that's just the reality." gtfo here with that noise.

So I will just explain something to you. A young guy who would like to begin a collection will try to get that famous CV64 writting it, but honestly it isn't the Official game title, so it's not sure he will match with something. It's not me who decided that the name was simply Castlevania, it's Konami. So I don't understand why you're agressive like that towards me, it's non-sense.

This imaginary young guy should educate himself then (or maybe it was you that made a fool out of yourself). You're like the freshman that walks into the school trying to "tell everyone like it is," and we look at you like "lol who's this guy"

If you see a listing in a store or whatever with a bunch of Castlevania titles on it, and one says Castlevania 64, will you say in your mind "that game can't be for N64 cuz that title isn't real."

OK for shortcut like SOTN, AOS, DOS and so. It allows to gain some time. But Castlevania 64 isn't a shortcut in comparison with Castlevania for N64 (just 3 letters more).

This sentence doesn't make a lot of sense. "Castlevania for N64" is 3 letters more than CV64?

And Castlevania 64 doesn't exist, it's not like Pilotwings, Doom, and many other N64 titles. Honestly, I don't know why but that's not my business and that's not my decision.

With that logic, I can say the U.S. doesn't exist, only the United States of America cuz that's what's written on the Constitution.

Welcome to the forums!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
Innovator, with all due respect, you can call it "Castlevania for N64".  That's fine.
But don't tell the rest of the forum not to call it "Castlevania64" just because you don't like it.
It may be true that the title is only "Castlevania".  But it has become common practice to call that game "Castlevania 64" in order to avoid confusion with Castlevania (NES), Castlevania (Commodore), Castlevania (Amiga), Castlevania (PC-DOS), and Castlevania (Mobile).

If you say "Castlevania 64" everyone here in the forum will know what you're talking about.
If you say "Castlevania for N64" everyone will question why you're needlessly typing letters.

You will not change the general consensus of the entire forum, no matter how true what you say is.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 07:12:56 PM »
You will not change the general consensus of the entire forum, no matter how true what you say is.

I totally agree.
Human being is at the same time complex and too lazy.
When a general consensus is taken against truth, nothing can remove it.
Or with a lot of time, but we need to be very patient to see welcoming changes.
Just philosophy...

(I already said this debate was over on previous com, sorry for disturbing this topic)

PS : Crisis, if you want to speak about a thing totally different, please do it in the correct subject. Thanks !

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 07:15:03 PM »
Where is my Castlevania ReBirth 2 Konami

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »
PS : Crisis, if you want to speak about a thing totally different, please do it in the correct subject. Thanks !

Sure. Lets talk about Galilée and how he said the Earth was a cercle, not flat.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 07:41:02 PM »
Sure. Lets talk about Galilée and how he said the Earth was a cercle, not flat.

Good point for you, dear. I appreciate your sense of humor, at least !

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 09:15:37 PM »

Here here!
I totally want this. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 09:32:02 PM »
Rebirth had some really interesting level design, I'd love to see something more than a Rebirth. A full fledged classic title.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 03:36:58 AM »
Rebirth 2 should bring Sonia Belmont back into canon.

Or.

Konami should outsource Castlevania to Wayforward, same team behind Contra 4 to get cracking on Castlevania V for 3DS.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 05:29:16 AM »

Amen.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 07:40:53 AM »
I'm quite fond of Rebirth.  It wasn't quite 'adventure' Rebirth, but it was a fine game.  Very reminiscent of the classic ones (even has six areas, just like CV1).  If they do a part 2 it's gonna be cool what with the mini-castles (if they follow Belmonts' Revenge).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 11:11:41 AM »

Oh hell yes, bring it on!! 8)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 12:24:28 PM »

YES!

Or at least put up Haunted Castle on the Arcade VC.

Tags:

anything