Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A Survivor is Born, Lara Croft Reboot  (Read 13953 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: A Survivor is Born, Lara Croft Reboot
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 09:54:07 PM »
Fortunetly there is still one classic franchise that has not been effected by the 'reboot' wave cause there is no need. Metroid.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »
Fortunetly there is still one classic franchise that has not been effected by the 'reboot' wave cause there is no need. Metroid.

-X

Sheeeet, Other M tarneshed Samus as a character. The only way to fix that IS to reboot Metroid, or else Samus will be forever known as a intergalactic pussy who will only do what men tell her to do..

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »
See all the magazine scans here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=175919

So far the recievement of this Lara has been good in the TR forums, her new biography is closer to the original too

They could be siblings.

Lara crawled out of a sinking ship so her face is dirty and bloody, and her hair has always been bruntte. Dante no
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 07:09:43 AM by Dominus »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 07:26:07 AM »
Oh and the screenshots are in game  :o
http://twitter.com/CrystalDKarl/status/12392847244271616

And that's not all, the Advent Children team are doing the cutscenes.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=5054957#post5054957

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »
Lara crawled out of a sinking ship so her face is dirty and bloody, and her hair has always been bruntte. Dante no

I am not even comparing which one of them are more faithful to the original design (it's obviously Lara, no doubt about it), I'm just saying I got a lil' Ninja Theory feeling from Laras face, and decided to put her next to new Dante to see if I was right or not. I'm obviously stretching it, but that's what I do best :D

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 02:20:32 PM »
Never really gave half a crap about Tomb Raider but at least Lara looks far more realistic and is not fugly like her PS1 counterpart.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 07:16:10 AM »
Tomb Raider Legend is one of the better games of the last generation.  I had only played the original Tomb Raider, and that only briefly, before Legend came out, but Legend got me into the series.  I'm not sure there was the need for a reboot now, because Legend itself was a reboot.  But I guess we'll have to wait and see if this game feels like Tomb Raider.  I'm getting pretty sick of all the reboots, but hopefully this will have more in common with the source material than Lords of Shadow.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 09:23:23 AM »
Gonna suck. Just like all other "Reboots"
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 10:27:45 AM »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 11:03:13 AM »
Tomb Raider Legend is one of the better games of the last generation.  I had only played the original Tomb Raider, and that only briefly, before Legend came out, but Legend got me into the series. 

Go play Tomb Raider Anniversary. It's essentually the original Tomb Raider with a graphics overhaul and the engine of tomb Raider Legends.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »
Not all Reboots suck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx8jgyQ5AcY#

Damn you...... damn you for reminding me of Tony Jay. ='(

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »
Go play Tomb Raider Anniversary. It's essentually the original Tomb Raider with a graphics overhaul and the engine of tomb Raider Legends.

-X

I've got it on both PS2 and PSP.  Anniversary is well done.  It does exactly what it intended to do and does it well, but I vastly prefer Legend for the endearing characters, well written story/dialog, and awesome soundtrack.  Anniversary has none of that.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2010, 12:26:20 PM »
I've got it on both PS2 and PSP.  Anniversary is well done.  It does exactly what it intended to do and does it well, but I vastly prefer Legend for the endearing characters, well written story/dialog, and awesome soundtrack.  Anniversary has none of that.

And this' exactly true. I was dissapointed in the lack of music. I was really hoping to hear all those classic Tomb raider themes whenever you got to a specific point in the levels, which would then start up the music cue. But allas...the majority of the game is silent. I really loved those tunes too. They convayed the scenes and enviroments to a 'T'.

-X

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 09:17:53 AM »
the HD screenshots
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=5119843#post5119843

Well, looking at those screens... this isn't too bad really. I mean, it still looks like Tomb Raider, but darker and less Indiana Jonesey, I guess. Lara looks surprisingly a lot like herself, though dirtier.

Tags:

anything