Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania tunes with Vocaloid, ok maybe it's old  (Read 4064 times)

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
Castlevania tunes with Vocaloid, ok maybe it's old
« on: December 10, 2010, 08:56:25 PM »
But maybe you still can't resist Miku's cuteness no matter how many times you have listened to these tunes. <3<3<3

Castlevania 1/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx60wCt4GNc

Castlevania 2/2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VVWwT4IrYk

Castlevania 2 Medley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7LjhRR_vxs

Battle of the Holy and New Messiah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK7ZSU5NTAE

Here's Luka humming all Castlevania 3 tunes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEDA8Ed1kKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqDmhiO2qfA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTR-LhkFTSY
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania tunes with Vocaloid, ok maybe it's old
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 09:34:52 PM »
It's not old, though I did see this before (NOT HERE THOUGH).

I think some of 'em are pretty damn great, actually.  Especially the CV1 ones with the blue-haired vocaloid chick.  Very lolzworthy. xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
+1
God, I hate these Vocaloid synthetizers... these high pitch almost destroyed my brains.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 08:16:35 PM »
+1
Vocaloid is awesome in my opinion. But yeah, I think most of those are pretty old. I hadn't seen the megurine ones though.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:45:18 PM by Harrycombs »
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »
kid me if im wrong, but werent these snynth's old? im fairly certain sega replaced them with something newer
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »
kid me if im wrong, but werent these snynth's old? im fairly certain sega replaced them with something newer

What are you talking about? Sega has nothing to do with the Vocaloid (other than the games). The software is made by Crypton, and they did update Miku back in April, so it probably is old.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:47:50 AM by Harrycombs »
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 11:45:55 PM »
this is incredible.  i'm hooked.  it touches me that these Vocaloids appreciate good ole Castlevania.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 06:43:51 AM »
The vocaloid girl is actually a very sophisticated and realistic synth, meant to capture and replicate the expression of the notes based on the composer's note velocity (loudness) and whether the note is staccato or legato.

As such, it has been known to produce very accurate 'lalala...lalalaaa' results.  However, whatever they're using for the NES tunes (sounds like MIDI files) is not very expressive.  Then again, maybe whoever did these isn't using the true vocaloid girl synth, but rather a soundfont of her.  Not sure, though. 

I should look into this more, haha.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
So Jorge, when Vocaloid is released in English do you have any plans to try it out?

Franz Kafka

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »
It'd be neat to try a few pieces with it.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: