Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A random musical experiment  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: December 12, 2010, 03:49:28 AM »
So in my everlasting boredem i began to tinker away at sound files, trying to replicate the true NES and commodore 64 era sounds, without help of prefab program, what i got, was something rather interesting
The Colossus, slightly distorted
http://www.filefront.com/17639303/coll.mp3

the youtube video lowered the quality tho
The Colossus
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:59:04 AM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 07:31:55 AM »
So this is The Colossus, with less channels, but still with the regular instruments?  So a 'simplified' colossus?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »
oriignally a midi, it was then changed with a midi program i have where i can customize and save different interuments, sent over to GSXX, then into another program from there, and exported as a synth, this was the end result, its actually a using a realistic style sound, that is what i beleive is causing the distortion since i have anti aliasing sound enabled, all the channels are there, i just mixed them badly, i was aiming for a classic nes or commodore64 sounding downmix, but this is what i ended up with, its still interesting in its own right

this is the best i can do, different soundset, no anti aliasing, it sounds almost like the original audio version in some parts.
http://www.filefront.com/17644072/colos.mp3

The Colossus v2
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 04:54:36 AM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Tags: