Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vampire Variations: A Musical Tribute to 25 Years of Castlevania  (Read 8860 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Hi Castlevania fans!

I'm Chernabogue, a French Castlevania fan, Administrator from the Castlevania Wiki and musician. With friends and people from various websites, we decided to make our own tribute to Castlevania by arranging the whole soundtrack of the first NES game! The album has no genre restriction and will be filled with electronic music, heavy metal, chiptune-like tracks, rock and many other surprises! The album will be released for free by the end of the year!

If you know people that are good at making music and/or arrangements, don't hesitate to tell me! And if you have any question, I'll be happy to answser you!

If you want to check updates or be informed about how the project's going, check the threads at OverClocked ReMix and TheShizz!

For now, enjoy the double Castlevania Tribute albums from Konami!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Vampire Variations: A Musical Tribute to 25 Years of Castlevania
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 01:34:05 PM »
Niiice! Can't wait. OCRemix's Sonata of the Damned has become one of my favorite arrange albums ever.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:45:51 PM »
There are several people on this forum who can do music tracks. Jorge being one of them.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline ThePsalmOfNightfall

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 11:33:13 PM »
I'd love to make a track, is Heart of Fire still open for heavy metal? That or Wicked Child

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 12:48:34 AM »
I hope its better than Sonata of the Damned, it ruined Wandering ghosts.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 04:40:11 AM »
I'd love to make a track, is Heart of Fire still open for heavy metal? That or Wicked Child
Yes, it is still open. If you can send me some of your best works as an audition, it'd be cool.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 11:20:49 AM »
Well, I've got some tunes I can submit:

Stalker
Stalker - Block 2 (Chapel) - Castlevania (NES)

Wicked Child
Wicked Child - Block 3 (Ramparts) - Castlevania (NES)

Out of Time
Out of Time - Block 6 (Clock Tower) - Castlevania (NES)

The Youtube page Info on the video has the Mediafire download for the MP3.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »
I was listening to your stuff for a long time, Jorge, especially enjoying your remastering of some of Aria of Sorrow's tracks (considering AoS never had the chance to be officially remastered).

These CV1 tracks are cool and have a nice sound. However, the policy of the websites with which I'm working is to arrange the track by adding more original stuff to the track. Your arrangements sounds a lot like MIDI remasters, and I doubt OCR or TheShizz will accept what they call MIDI rips. If you can re-work some of your arrangements, I'd be happy to have you aboard!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »
No that's OK.

There's a reason I don't join OCR.  I have a.. different mentality when it comes to arrangements.  Some have been so far off-the-wall that in my opinion have butchered the source material, and they require deviation, which just doesn't flow well with what I do.

Maybe someday, though.
Good luck with your project, though!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »
No that's OK.

There's a reason I don't join OCR.  I have a.. different mentality when it comes to arrangements.  Some have been so far off-the-wall that in my opinion have butchered the source material, and they require deviation, which just doesn't flow well with what I do.

Maybe someday, though.
Yeah, I understand perfectly. I joined them and had a bunch of problems with their arrangement mentality, haha. Thanks for the support! :)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 05:53:19 PM »
No that's OK.

Maybe someday, though.

I can understand this train of thought. At the same time, though, I love some of the genre-bending remixes that bring a song to a whole new level.

Take this remix of "Etude for the Killer":

http://ocrmirror.org/files/music/remixes/Castlevania_Chronicles_Mucho_Dollar_Care_a_Junk_CIA_OC_ReMix.mp3

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
Huh, I thought to recognized you from somewhere.

Yeah, OCR's known for being extremely particular about what they "approve of" and what they don't. It used to be a lot more lax, so I'm told, but I guess after VGMix launched, OCR decided they wanted to be the "higher quality" remix center on the web. Now VGMix is pretty much dead, and the rest of us are left to figure it out for ourselves without the benefit of having a thorough practice 'n critique center that VGMix was known for. It was the grade school to OCR's college-level. That's why I never could get past making crappy sub-part remixes. (and I couldn't afford high-quality equipment or the time tore-learn music theory)

Anywhoozle.....

I can't contribute music, but if you actually do make this into a collaboration that meets the OCR strictness, I can do album art for you.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 12:44:24 PM »
I can't contribute music, but if you actually do make this into a collaboration that meets the OCR strictness, I can do album art for you.
I already have someone aboard working on the album art, but thank you fr the offer :)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 06:59:08 AM »
Wow, it's been a while since I posted in this thread lol!

We're making good progress, some of the tracks are pure awesomeness! Our next deadline for "Work-in-Progress" is April 10th, and if I have enough tracks by that time, you guys will have a cool audio/video preview! ;)

Offline abaldwin360

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »
May I suggest arrangements of Out of Time, Heart of Fire and Stalker done in the style of the music from Castlevania the Arcade. Vampire Killer, Wicked Child and Dark Night from the arcade game were AMAZING and fit the "Castlevania" mood perfectly.

Tags: