Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A funny plot hole involving Christopher, Soleilyu, & Simon?  (Read 5813 times)

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
A funny plot hole involving Christopher, Soleilyu, & Simon?
« on: January 22, 2011, 09:16:23 AM »
I read this in the bios: "Christopher is most likely the great-grandfather of Simon."

If you put it that way Chris has Soleilyu in 1577 so he's roughly 14 around 1591. How would he be a grandfather over a 100-year time-span?. Unless Soleilyu does a Clint Eastwood has a kid around the age of 60 (1647) and that kid has a child around 1673 (26-ish) to have Simon reach a rough age of eighteen by the first Castlevania.

Just a funny way to look at it.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: A funny plot hole involving Christopher, Soleilyu, & Simon?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:21:14 AM »
You could be a dead grandfather.
Is Simon 18 in CV1? Is that specified somewhere?  I thought he'd be like a 30-yr old.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 11:10:01 AM »
I think the Judgment guidebook mentioned he was 22 as of his first encounter with Dracula.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:31:15 AM »
Only in silly igavanai would Simon be a young 18 yrs old can i get a high-five ;D

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »
Some people don't count Order of Shadows as part of the timeline, but if you do, then Christopher is Simon's Great Grandfather and Simon is the son of Desmond, Delores, or Zoe.

I can't remember where, but I think it's stated that Soleiyu was born shortly after Adventure, which makes him 15 in Belmont's Revenge.

1576- Castlevania Adventure, Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth, Castlevania: The Belmont Legacy
Chris Defeats Dracula
Soleiyu is born

1591- Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Dracula kidnaps Soleiyu(15), possessing him to become evil.
Christopher once again defeats Dracula, and saves his son.

16XX
20 years prior to Castlevania: OoS, Rohan Krause kills the parents of Desmond, Dolores, and Zoe Belmont.

16XX- Castlevania: Order of Shadows
Desmond Belmont enters the forest Eternal Night, defeating Rohan Krause and Dracula with the help of his sisters Dolores and Zoe.

Simon Belmont is born.

1691- Castlevania
Simon Belmont(22) enters Castlevania and defeats Dracula.
In the moments before his death, Dracula places a curse on Simon.

In his pursuit of Dracula’s servants, Simon Belmont(23) finds himself in the Time Rift.

1698- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
To vanquish the curse, Simon(29) gathers Dracula's remaining body parts and burns them, resurrecting Dracula and defeating him again.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 11:50:26 AM »
Nice timeline.  Good job!
I can see a 22yr old, but I always envisioned him as more of a 30yr old.

**high-fives Crisis** :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »
Simon Belmont is born.

Wow. Three years after the great London fire.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 12:16:45 PM »
Make that one year because it was 24 not 22.

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »
I think the Judgment guidebook mentioned he was 22 as of his first encounter with Dracula.

I thought the same book said he was 18 (which seems kind of absurd to begin with), which is where I got that from. But 22-25 would be more realistic.

Offline Danial

• you now possess Dracula's Wallet
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »
Nice timeline.  Good job!
I can see a 22yr old, but I always envisioned him as more of a 30yr old.

**high-fives Crisis** :P

Thanks.  I love making lists, so I've actually made a huge timeline of not only when the games take place but also other important info that happens between the games, like births or what a character may be doing .  Every once in a while it comes in handy.

I agree with you that Simon seems older.  I imagine it's because of the original box art.  There's no way that rugged barbarian looking Simon is that young.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 10:26:09 AM »
Simon's box art does make him look older, but I always l go by the manual artwork when it comes to Simon, it makes him look a lot younger and I like it more than the box art

and

What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »
Man, he does look younger in those. And a lot less conan-y than I gathered from looking at him on the box of the SNES game...XD

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 11:14:25 AM »
he shouldn't look like Conan to begin with being what era he's from.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags:

anything