Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: ARCANA HEART 3 finally coming PS3/PSN in North America (Aksys)  (Read 7331 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
ARCANA HEART 3 finally coming PS3/PSN in North America (Aksys)
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »
This is amazing news!  So many waited for this!   (and some that imported plan on getting this version too so they can actually read the story and quotes, lol)  ;D

http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/02/14/arcana-heart-3-is-coming-to-north-america/

Torrance, CA (Februrary 14th, 2010) – Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment products, is proud to announce that the fighting game Arcana Heart 3 will be coming to the PlayStation®Network this Spring. Arcana Heart 3 combines fast-paced aerial action with a unique cast for an extraordinary fighting experience never before seen in North America!

Chaos and disorder are threatening to rip apart the very fabric of Japanese society as planar rifts appear throughout the country. It is suspected that the Drexler Institute, the instigator of the Great War many years ago and creator of the Divine Celestial Weapon, is somehow involved.

In the midst of this confusion, a mysterious rumor arises, claiming the existence of wish-granting “Celestial Stones” within the chaotic planar rifts. As a result of these rumors, a number of individuals have converged on Japan in the hopes of obtaining one of these fabled stones – either to seal them away or to see for themselves if the rumor is true. Each person has their own reasons for seeking these rare and valuable stones, and they won’t let anyone stand in their way, be they foe…or friend.

Arcana Heart 3 Key Features

* 3 Newcomers To Arcana Heart 3, For A Total Of 23 Fighters!
Enter Weiss, the main character in Arcana Heart 3; Eko, a young girl who can bring her drawings to life; and Scharlachrot, a mysterious figure lurking in the shadows with the power to summon chains from out of nowhere.
* 23 Unique Arcana Types; Create A Fighting Style To Match Your Individual Style Of Play!
Pair your favorite character with one of the 23 available spirits for an incredible range of different fighting styles. (23 x 23 = 529 styles)
* Deep Single Player Experience!
With an extensive arcade-style story mode, score attack mode, and training mode available, Arcana Heart 3 offers players a myriad of ways to sharpen and polish their fighting skills when not facing off against friends and rivals.
* Introducing “Simple Mode”!
Simple mode is a new control scheme designed with beginning and casual fighting fans in mind. Unleash powerful attacks and extended combos without having to practice complicated input commands!
* Full-Featured Online Multiplayer!
Arcana Heart 3's online system was developed by Arc System Works, creators of the critically-acclaimed BlazBlue games, a series known for its superior network code. In addition to online lobbies and ranked matches, Arcana Heart 3 also includes a comprehensive ranking system and online replays.

About Aksys Games

Located in Torrance, California and founded in 2006, Aksys Games has published many well-received fighting games, RPGS, and innovative downloadable titles. Some of their more popular titles include the BlazBlue, Record of Agarest War, and Hooked: Real Motion Fishing series.

Arcana Heart 3 has been rated ‘T’ for Teen by the ESRB. More information about Aksys Games and Arcana Heart 3 can be found at www.aksysgames.com.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:55:35 PM by affinity »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: ARCANA HEART 3 finally coming PS3/PSN in North America (Aksys)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:18:47 PM »
Is there any reason you're always advertising games?  Seriously, it's getting weird.
You essentially copy/pasted the article.  Why even link to it, if you're just going to tell us what the link says, verbatim?  Also, no personal opinion with regards to the post?

I'm watching you, Affinity.  There is no soliciting in this forum and it counts as spam. 
I'm going to let this one go, but if I see any new posts from you that are basically advertisements, I'm going to ban you.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
Is there any reason you're always advertising games?  Seriously, it's getting weird.
You essentially copy/pasted the article.  Why even link to it, if you're just going to tell us what the link says, verbatim?  Also, no personal opinion with regards to the post?

I'm watching you, Affinity.  There is no soliciting in this forum and it counts as spam.  
I'm going to let this one go, but if I see any new posts from you that are basically advertisements, I'm going to ban you.

It's not an advertisement.   I copy and pasted the article because the link hasn't worked recently when I checked it (maybe it works now but some people are too lazy or paranoid to click links anyways. )  

What's wrong with sharing news people might find interesting?  The news just released today.  Maybe I'm too generous sharing information but it seems whether its new news or old news, people will have a problem with it.   :P

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:56:09 PM by affinity »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
some critical heart videos, they really are amazing!   ;D  And those are just the characters signature ultimate attacks.  Each of the 23 Arcana have their own Ultimate attacks too!    ;D

Arcana Heart 3 All Character Critical Hearts part1

Arcana Heart 3 All Character Critical Hearts part2

Arcana Heart 3 North American Trailer

here are some helpful guides
http://arcana.mizuumi.net/index.php/Main_Page
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:41:13 PM by affinity »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »
Blech, the whole GuiltyGear/BlazBlue-esque style with cutesy anime girls is starting to become "played out" (no pun intended). I appreciate Aksys' dedication to the hand-drawn technique they use but it's just not grabbing my attention anymore as it did 5+ years ago with Guilty Gear X on the Dreamcast.

and Mahvel vs. Capcom 3 is now available, so. . . .

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:41:17 PM »
It's not an advertisement.   I copy and pasted the article because the link hasn't worked recently when I checked it (maybe it works now but some people are too lazy or paranoid to click links anyways. ) 

What's wrong with sharing news people might find interesting?  The news just released today.  Maybe I'm too generous sharing information but it seems whether its new news or old news, people will have a problem with it.   :P

Hmm... well alright, but I'm still watching you.  I'm thinking you're one of those people who gets paid to roam on forums to build buzz on games.  It's probably because  you don't post in any other threads at all.

Start posting in other threads and perhaps I'll stop looking at you as a solicitor.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:43:06 AM »
lol!  I am unemployed.   I just like sharing information of games I'm interested in and sometimes like reading positive reactions to them.  On Harmony of Despair board I did put in a lot of input and reasons for liking it.  ;D

Blech, the whole GuiltyGear/BlazBlue-esque style with cutesy anime girls is starting to become "played out" (no pun intended). I appreciate Aksys' dedication to the hand-drawn technique they use but it's just not grabbing my attention anymore as it did 5+ years ago with Guilty Gear X on the Dreamcast.

and Mahvel vs. Capcom 3 is now available, so. . . .

Arcana Heart is made by Examu, not Arc Systems (though they do deserve credit for porting it to PS3 with great quality and online features.)  

You think it's the same handdrawn technique?  THat's like saying most anime or western character designs look the same.   ;D  (Well if it was by the same artist, that's another matter, but still, although the hand-drawn technique is similiar, the art, including the sprites, is a style of it's own, not the same as Guilty Gear or Blazblue.

And how is it played out?  Arcana Heart is the only serious professionally designed and deep "cutesy anime girls" fighting game in the world, and only 3 games (not counting the updates) were released for it (which isn't a lot compared to how many Street Fighters, Guilty Gears and King of Fighters have been released over the generations.)

The Arcana System is still very fresh and still innovative considering people in the west only received a taste of it back when AH1 was released on PS2,  and now with online gaming and fighting games more popular than the previous generation, Arcana Heart 3 will wake up a lot of people to something different, fun and brilliant!   2-D fighting played with a fighting system with differences unlike any other.

And it's entirely more balanced and offers more unique fighting styles and variety than games like Marvel vs. Capcom 3.  But Capcom has to do very little to brainwash people into thinking broken trash like MVC3 is a must buy.  Of course, like MVC2, broken trash can still be fun to people, but Capcom seems to put less effort with every game they make these days, and the MVC3 is the finest example of offering less than its predecessor, not just in selection, but also the lack of design for greater balance.

And it's ridiculous that a big company like Capcom doesn't want to give the fans what they want.  Instead they rather sell some characters as DLC like breadcrumbs for birds.   Capcom could **** in peoples faces and the fanboys/fangirls would still accept it because it's Capcom, just like millions bought FFXIII despite how dumbed down the gameplay and design has become.

That's one of the pathetic things when the fanbase gets too delusional and fanatical over something that offers less and is more poorly designed than the previous game, companies don't bother to try harder and make games better than just good, because they know fools will buy their games anyway, because they are Capcom ,because it has Marvel, because it's MVC3 and people waited 10 years, they'll accept anything, even if it's worse than MVC2.

But it's a good thing even some fans started to think smart and realize MVC3 really isn't worth playing, at least not for $60.   Arcana Heart 3 offers more than double the depth, unique styles and balance far better than MVC3.   Not to mention even being 2-D, it looks far better and far more beautiful than MVC3. MVC3 doesn't even have the model details and animation quality of Super Street Fighter IV, it looks and moves like some cheap Tatsunoko hack.    MVC2 animations and art has better quality and vibrant beauty to its appearance and presentation than its so-called successor.

Professional MVC2 veterans and fighting games veterans who know their stuff also agree that while MVC3 may be fun, it won't be accepted as a professional fighting game.   It's even more broken than MVC2.  

There will be many smashed controllers when MVC3 releases, and the only reasons it will sell successfully is because it will allow more punks to feel they are "pro" with minimum effort,  just like those ego shooters.  And it has the basic standard favorites, besides the silly Mahvel overrated reputation and marketing.   Reputation alone doesn't automatically result in a game worth one's time.  

You see when a series becomes overrated to the point of being a phenomenon, it doesn't matter to fools if it's a sequel is worse than other games that are better designed and offer much more.    That's how messed up in the head the mainstream consumers really are, and the winner will be Capcom, even after fools realize they've haven't been given their money's worth.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:46:10 AM by affinity »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 10:02:57 AM »
That's one of the pathetic things when the fanbase gets too delusional and fanatical over something that offers less and is more poorly designed than the previous game,
Ironic quote of the day, congratulations!

And please spare us yet another neverending crusade on how [insert unpopular game] is the best to come out in years & how it'll innovate the genre, you've beaten that horse to death already. It will most likely be another overlooked game by the masses, which isn't really a bad thing, cuz there are lots of more worthwhile games they can play instead, such as MvC3  ;D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »
Ironic quote of the day, congratulations!

LOL you sir, get a few stars.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »
Beyond the whole creepy anime girls aesthetic, I heard the game was actually good. Better than BlazBlue anyway.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »
, I heard the game was actually good. Better than BlazBlue anyway.
   That is true, it's better than all other fighting games, in fact!  No need to take my word for it (everyone here hates me anyways :p  The proof is in the pudding and even long time EVO veterans have done their homework and have given it a double thumbs up after being so impressed with how incredible and fun it really is  :)   

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »
Was quite popular on the fighting games scene for lika a year... MvC2, CvS2, SFIII3s, Blaz Blue, The King of Fighters, Melty Blood, Guilty Gear have been always the popular games. Now people is focused in MvC3, the Mortal Kombat reboot, The King of Fighters XIII, Blaz Blue and the ruler of all Super Street Fighter IV AE... And soon will come the SFIII3sOE, the most expected game for this year... I really doubt people pay much attention to AH3... Even more now when EVO is arround the corner...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 10:14:25 PM »
We don't hate you affinity, you just come off as rather obnoxious in most of your posts since you seem to be playing the role that Jorge described. I think you've been called out on this behavior on other forums too, right? I do admire your enthusiasm, though (to some extent).

Like Asgardwolf said there are plenty of other awesome fighting games that'll blow Arcana Hearts 3 outta the water, sure it may be good to the little fanbase it has but don't expect it to have a grand following at EVO or other events.

I completely forgot about Third Strike Online Edition... curious to see how that turns out.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 06:55:29 AM »
Nothing wrong with a healthy cult following.    ;D

That's what kept Castlevania going over the years.  And 'everyone' hates Tekken and ignores Virtua Fighter series, but they are still widely played and have a decent fanbase since they are still very good fighting games and good systems that offer different flavors.  :)

Offline OmegaDL50

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »
The main problem with these games is people have a very strong tendency to pass baseless judgment on the game and write it off based purely on the aesthetics alone. (Crisis's first post in this topic is a very example of what I'm talking about)

Since when how the games APPEARANCE have anything to do with how it actually PLAYS. Strip every 2D fighting game to the basic essentials of nothing but hit-detection boxes and core mechanics of the very game system.

If Arcana Heart was not competitively viable, then people would not play it but as a matter of fact they DO (Even more evident by the fact that Arcana Heart already had showing at EVO 2008 = EVO World 2008 Arcana Heart match casuals Mei-Fang (Lightning) vs. Master Chibi (Fiona) (Wind) )

Anyone who is actually somewhat competent and knowledgeable about fighting games would know that the game's true depth lies in the actual details of the core gameplay mechanics, framedata, etc and not on the basis of the games appearance. Having played Super Turbo competitively for nearly 10 years and now retired, I have a semblance of what I'm talking about based on personal experience.

As for "cult following comment" What do you call the Castlevania dungeon community then? You have an entire fanbase of individuals following an entire series.

If someone was to copy and paste a press release for an entirely new Castlevania games on these forums would you consider that to be showing "fan appreciation of the game" or a "solicitation"

Sometimes sharing news about a game announcement, it doesn't hurt at all to link to the source itself (at least in a hyperlink, not really necessary for copying and pasting when one can simply click the link and read that for themselves)

Tags: