Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I like the new VA In PSP SoTN BETTER!  (Read 22998 times)

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: I like the new VA In PSP SoTN BETTER!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 04:45:35 PM »
I don't think ppl will ever be happy with the key character voices in SOTN.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »
In Reply To #16

She doesn't sound too young, she sounds too modern. But thats a scropt problem. I like em both, but I prefer the old one.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »
Part of my big complaint about the original voices was the phrasing of them. Maybe it's because I'm a musician and I tend to listen a lot to the rhythm at which people talk, but the old voices sounded so unnatural and like the people delivering the lines did so out of context and almost as if they didn't really even speak English in the first place.

THAT is why I think the new voices are so much better. That and, yeah, I'll admit it, I thought Alucard's new voice sounded kinda like Stuart Townsend in "Queen Of The Damned." He didn't sound like some pervert trying to affect a deep voice.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 06:26:56 PM »
In Reply To #18

I too like the new va for the same reason.  Although I am no musician, I prefer the new vas since it does sound more natural than the old ones.

I think some ppl prefer the old ones because it is so bad that it is funny.  I mean, a lot of ppl on the forums were disappointed that "Die Monster" is removed.  Honestly, though it would be very hard to keep that intact w/o sounding so cheesey.

Also, I find it funny that a post on youtube said that the old voices are legendary and the poster impiles that ppl back in the 18th century talks like the original voice actors in SOTN.  I mean, I am no historian, but I don't think ppl back then talked with the use of cosntantly shorting and expanding every other word to make the conversation dramatic.  If so, it would seem to take a lot of breath. Besides, if that guy wanted authenticity, he should expect the Vas with thick European accent. 

If ppl really did indeed spoke english like the old vas in the 18th century, I'd imagine a normal conversation in modern times (modern because I doubt adult publications like playboy existed 200 years ago) would be:

"Hello VEEENDDDER!!  Do....you..HAVE..any..PLLLAAAYBOOY Maagazines?"

"YES, I dooooooo! This isssue conntains LOTS of FLLEESH! Would youuuuu care to BUUY IT!"

"Yes, I...do!"

"THEN HAVE AT YOOOU!!"

I wonder if ppl were anrgy at the Resident Evil GC remake when they redubbed the voices. 

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
Is there anywhere that has voice files of the new Succubus? I had to return my PSP and I hadn't gotten to that part yet.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »
Part of my big complaint about the original voices was the phrasing of them. Maybe it's because I'm a musician and I tend to listen a lot to the rhythm at which people talk, but the old voices sounded so unnatural and like the people delivering the lines did so out of context and almost as if they didn't really even speak English in the first place.

THAT is why I think the new voices are so much better. That and, yeah, I'll admit it, I thought Alucard's new voice sounded kinda like Stuart Townsend in "Queen Of The Damned." He didn't sound like some pervert trying to affect a deep voice.

How the hell can you say that the new voice acting sounds natural and rhythmic?! The context and phrasing are a joke!  You must not be that great of a musician.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 08:01:51 AM »
In Reply To #21

What the fuck dude!? I make a living doing it so I can't be that bad.

In Reply To #19

Lol that little skit was really funny! But I agree, I think it's the cheese factor that makes people love them so much. I liked them because they were cheesy too, but I'd much rather have well done voices.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:05:31 AM by DoctaMario »

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 08:27:01 AM »
In Reply To #22
Apparently you have a horrible sense of humor too if you thought what le052383 wrote was "really funny!" But the reason why so many people are disappointed with the new voice acting is, not only is it horrible, but we were all expecting an improvement not a decline in the quality.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »
In Reply To #22

Uh oh Docta Mario- this guy says you have a bad taste in music and humor? This guy means business.

Anyways, I agree with you. The pacing was far too awkward in the original. I blame in part the theatrical flair the script had- like "What....do you here?" and "Yououo will regret those wordsss." The pacing itself was far too slow and choppy.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 12:51:20 PM »
In Reply To #24

He's pissed at me because I called him out on another thread.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the phrasing and the contexts. I think the old script tried a little TOO hard to be "old English" and therefore a little more "of the period." It probably could have been saved with some good voice acting, but as it was the VA was as weak as the script itself, IMO.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 12:58:08 PM by DoctaMario »

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 01:35:27 PM »
In Reply To #22

I too love a more serious and well done voice acting as oppose to unintentable cheesy voice acting.  Honestly, bad voice acting ruins a game or rather, the cutscenes for me since it hurts my ears, so I normally would skip such scenes.  But with the voice acting is good, I would watch it over and over again.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 02:08:28 PM »
In Reply To #24

He's pissed at me because I called him out on another thread.

I'm not pissed at you for "calling me out in another thread." To be honest, I don't even know what you're referring to. It just angers me that somebody can defend such a horrible downgrade in both the script and voice acting, especially when it was stated that it was going to be improved. I mean come on, it sounds like the same guy is voicing each character, and badly mind you.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 02:33:32 PM »
In Reply To #16

It would be nice if the main protagonist didn't sound like a pussy in the new va.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »
In Reply To #27

Well then what's up with the personal attacks? If you've got something to talk to me about, PM me and let's do it. If not, then stop talking shit about me and present a logical rebuttal other than, "The new voice acting and script sucks."

In Reply to #28

I don't think he sounds like a pussy, he just doesn't sound like a movie announcer anymore. In all actuality, the new voice is more what I pictured Alucard sounding like. The old voice sounds like him trying to get voiceover work.  :P

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 03:10:13 PM by DoctaMario »

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 06:18:11 PM »
In Reply To #27

Well then what's up with the personal attacks? If you've got something to talk to me about, PM me and let's do it. If not, then stop talking shit about me and present a logical rebuttal other than, "The new voice acting and script sucks."

Oh, stop your crying. Taking offense to a comment I made about your musical abilities when we both know I have never even heard your work is absurd. But then again, saying that you can find rhythm in the way people talk because you're a musician is just as ridiculous. It doesn't take a musician to tell if something is good or void of any talent. In fact, I'm also a musician. However, even if I wasn't, I would still be able to realize how bad and out of place the VA in this game is.

Tags: