Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: what areas would castlevania fan's like to see?  (Read 13965 times)

mgfcortez

what areas would castlevania fan's like to see?
« on: November 15, 2007, 05:14:54 AM »
new areas not in any castlevania games you like to see or old areas you really love to see again.
just wondering what ppl like the most i know alot of ppl like outside,i do too.
but i also wondering what other places that ppl like to see.
i think a winery would be cool where drac stores his wine.lol
castlevania 4 had a Treasury with alot of gold and chests that was very cool:)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: what areas would castlevania fan's like to see?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 06:34:02 AM »
i think a winery would be cool where drac stores his wine.lol
Didn't aos have that already? I thought under the dance hall there was a cellar with wines and stuff. :P

I'd like stages like castle courtyard or rooftops. So at least you wouldn't be constantly locked into rooms and corridors.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 08:17:50 AM »
Curse of Darkness also had a wine cellar. Also, there might be another treasury stage in the works.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 01:08:24 PM by Rugal »
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 09:12:08 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing some more forest levels in the same vein as Super Castlevania IV. Or maybe seeing the Tower of the Dolls return.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 10:16:14 AM »
I would like maybe the 1999 game to combine each & every area in all the games to form 1 huge mega-castle. Of course, each area would look different from their previous incarnations but you get what I mean  ;D

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 10:36:29 AM »
I always say this one when this type of topic arises: organic area. Something basically LIKE the Undead Parasite battle(LoI) and Legion battle(CoD; the whole way the path started to get "meaty" before the boss) and the one area portion in the Abyss in DoS. Something with meaty walls and veins. An area that looks like you are, basically, inside some giant monster. I always thought it would be interesting seeing how Castlevania, itself, is like a monster.

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 10:51:48 AM »
In Reply To #1

More European City-levels.
"13th Street" was a good start, but it needed more outside scenes.

My idea: characters pass by businesses where enemies come onto the street and attack you with Victorian era merchandise, crossing a river, and change the background accordingly to make it look like you're heading for that Westminster-like palace in the background.
PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Steve

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 11:39:14 AM »
An enormous luminescent cavern containing the ruins of an underground city, including a claustrophobic tunnel leading down to the boss's isolated chamber.  Sort of like the Abandoned Mine and Catacomb from Symphony, but even creepier and more Lovecraftian.

Offline Mortificator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 12:09:25 PM »
Wow, these are actually some great stage ideas.

I'd like to see a villa or other structure that's right outside the castle, and slowly sinking into magma.
Soleil, not Soleiyu
Orlock, not Olrox
Bathory, not Bartley
Richter, not Richiter

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 12:22:27 PM »
My idea for an area outside the castle is resurrecting the Pirate-ship like in CV3 and more in LoD. The whole concept hasn't been used enough in my opinion, the Sunken ship in Aria is barely a spoof.
But if they're gonna let you travel to Castlevania in a ship, do it right! Full with a port/dock area inside the Victorian-era / middle-age town taken over with skeletons (sailors? lol). And then you get on the ship and while traveling at sea have to clean it up from all those nasty creatures on board, and while you're at it, prevent it from sinking.
It's not original, but it's always fun. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 12:41:24 PM »
Definetely some sort of Zombified Town stage, but as for something more original, I've always thouht it would be cool for one of the characters to actually have to go to Hell, similar to the Abyss in DoS, but you should actually have to fight Satan. Other than that, An armory where there are just tons of weapons and equipment for the taking would be nice. Then, the boss would be a ghost that possesses the weapons and you have to fight them.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 01:08:24 PM »
Definetely some sort of Zombified Town stage,

Cordova Town??

But seriously, I really don't want to see anything brand new. I just want to see places done in 3-D. A huge cemetery, a massive woods, but most importantly I just want to see Castlevania itself made to look like a real castle but with all its famous areas: The Castle entrance (like in CV 1) the clock tower, the castle keep and throne room. Places like that only slightly twisted. Not like the infinate corridor or  the castle keep with it's mile high spiral staircase in COD (although I still like that game)

I guess I would really be satisfied if they made an awesome 3-D version of the castle
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 02:13:53 PM »
Two Words:

Chaotic Playground (Nation of Fools..)

It's cool...unique...and epic...

Offline Flyguy82

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 02:59:44 PM »
-An old, musty attic/storeroom, with rickety floors, dilapodated stone walls and shattered windows. Think Castle Corridor from AoS, only... uh... higher  :-\

-A more developed gallery, with more paintings and statues. The SOTN one felt too much like a church at times

-A satanic underground temple would be neat, with all sorts of runic symbols and such.

-Also, how about a Stable?

SymboliC

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 03:53:56 PM »

I want to see CoD's levels in a more detailed way.

And more chairs to sit on!! ;D

Tags:

anything