Poll

Have you gotten your hands on Ninty's Shiney New Handheld?

Hell Yes!
22 (45.8%)
Not yet launch titles suck
8 (16.7%)
No I hate handhelds
2 (4.2%)
No I hate Nintendo
1 (2.1%)
No I'll wait for Castlevania first
15 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Poll: Got 3DS?  (Read 33760 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »
I want to get tales of the abyss and I wonder if they will something like release tales of phantasia from the gba to celebrate abyss.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2012, 08:24:15 AM »
Wow, so someone broke into my apartment and stole my DS Lite and all my Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and DS games. Also, my Gamecube with a Gameboy Advance Player. Looks like All I've got for handhelds now IS my 3DS. I'm usually only at the apartment during school, as it's an hour away from my house with my parents. Police reports have been completed and all that, but I'm not exactly expecting results, as my friends and I checked all the pawn shops and the local Gamestop and found nothing.   :(

I'm most upset about the event-only Pokemon I can't get anymore, and my Castlevania games. Well, and the Gamecube.

At least I've got a lot of games to enjoy on my 3DS now thanks to the Ambassador program.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Poll: Got 3DS?
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2012, 09:17:28 AM »
Wow, so someone broke into my apartment and stole ....

Man, that really sucks.  You have my deepest sympathy.  I hope they find the fucker!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2012, 10:45:51 AM »
Wow, that sounds like one dedicated, thieving geek! Either that or perhaps you wronged someone in the past & they're getting their revenge, or you have a rat/traitor in your crew that told a third party that you have a whole bunch of expensive games in your apt. The bright side is, all that which was stolen, can be replaced (albeit with a hefty price, but like Bruce Wayne's dad says in that movie, "why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again.")

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2012, 08:30:33 PM »
I'm at Bowser's first second castle. I have all the coins, though. ... And I've died almost 160 times. :D Well, more if you count the times I just pressed the HOME button.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Gecko

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
Wow, that sounds like one dedicated, thieving geek! Either that or perhaps you wronged someone in the past & they're getting their revenge, or you have a rat/traitor in your crew that told a third party that you have a whole bunch of expensive games in your apt. The bright side is, all that which was stolen, can be replaced (albeit with a hefty price, but like Bruce Wayne's dad says in that movie, "why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again.")

Well, knowing I'd be gone for a while, I deliberately moved the majority of my valuables out of the apartment because I was afraid that something like this might happen. That whole row of apartments is lived in exclusively by college students like myself. Those were the only things I left behind, since I figured any general thief wouldn't want to waste time with a Gamecube, Gameboy Advance games, etc. But no, they trashed the place and took whatever was there, basically. My roommate lost all his PS2 games and his PS2, as well as a few albums he had in our living room. If it was someone I knew, they would have known that I normally keep a $200 bass guitar that's not longer produced, and a $600 amp in my room upstairs, yet there is no sign that they even looked upstairs. If I were a thief, and I knew that those items were in the place I'd broken into, I'd have headed straight there. Those weren't there because they were some of the valuables I had moved, but the point is the thief would have gone upstairs, but they didn't.

But yeah, I'll replace it all in time. I love my games.

More on topic though, anybody else enjoy messing with Swapnote? It's the new free app/game we basically got for Christmas from Nintendo. I've been spamming pictures and drawings to all my friends with 3DSs.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2012, 11:18:07 PM »
i want to but none of my friends have 3DS, or none will give me their friend codes, or none of internet. ...
*makes a facebook post*

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2012, 12:29:07 AM »
Nuh uh, man.
Chicks dig that Mario 3D game.  They're like "Oh wow" and I'm like "Gotcha bitch!" LOL.
All kidding aside, girls seem to really like that 3D Land game.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2012, 12:44:51 AM »
I really want 3D Land, but it's hard to justify buying more games when I have so many unfinished ones. I better plow through a few first... That and I usually pick up games when they're on the cheap, and first-party Nintendo games are rarely cheap.

Playing through the newest Splatterhouse right now, and ooohhhhh boy is it sweet.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2012, 08:53:38 AM »
Well, knowing I'd be gone for a while, I deliberately moved the majority of my valuables out of the apartment because I was afraid that something like this might happen. That whole row of apartments is lived in exclusively by college students like myself. Those were the only things I left behind, since I figured any general thief wouldn't want to waste time with a Gamecube, Gameboy Advance games, etc. But no, they trashed the place and took whatever was there, basically. My roommate lost all his PS2 games and his PS2, as well as a few albums he had in our living room. If it was someone I knew, they would have known that I normally keep a $200 bass guitar that's not longer produced, and a $600 amp in my room upstairs, yet there is no sign that they even looked upstairs. If I were a thief, and I knew that those items were in the place I'd broken into, I'd have headed straight there. Those weren't there because they were some of the valuables I had moved, but the point is the thief would have gone upstairs, but they didn't.

But yeah, I'll replace it all in time. I love my games.

More on topic though, anybody else enjoy messing with Swapnote? It's the new free app/game we basically got for Christmas from Nintendo. I've been spamming pictures and drawings to all my friends with 3DSs.

I haven't played with Swapnote yet.  Which Event-Only Pokes do you need?  I've almost got 'em all and transferred 'em to my R4 so I can clone 'em.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »
web browser is alot better than I'd expected... I'm using the 3DS right now to write this post.

There should be updates for youtube, skype, and the ability to save all images.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Gecko

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2012, 05:02:19 PM »
I haven't played with Swapnote yet.  Which Event-Only Pokes do you need?  I've almost got 'em all and transferred 'em to my R4 so I can clone 'em.

Celebi and Jarachi mostly, but I also had the shiny legendary beasts from Soulsilver/Heartgold and Ash's Pikachu (THE Pikachu!) as well as Mew.
They're the major ones I miss.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
I found something on Google by accident a couple nights ago, it's an onscreen keyboard so far only for tablets, but it has its own scientifically designed (so they claim) layout different from QWERTY. It was made to help text faster with a stylus or finger. Forgot what it's called, but they need to integrate it to the 3DS and DSi, it's even square-ish like the DS's touch screen.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2012, 10:46:12 PM »
Finally got a 3ds zelda edition yeah now I cannot wait for some tales of the abyss  ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Poll: Got 3DS?
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2012, 04:58:18 AM »
I can't wait for Paper Mario 3D and Luigis Mansion 2.  Looks like they're both coming out in May or so.

Tags:

anything