Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Would Haunted Castle Come Out for Game Room?  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Would Haunted Castle Come Out for Game Room?
« on: April 30, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
I've been enjoying Microsoft's Game Room on the XBox360 now.  Konami is one of the main contributors to the service and I've been having a good time collecting old Konami arcade games on it.  They've got some staple franchises on it, like Mr. Goemon and Twinbee.  But I think there's a decent chance Haunted Castle might show up one day.  It'd fit well there.  Well, its another thing to watch out for, anyways.  $3 would be a nice price tag too.  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:35:36 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Would Haunted Castle Come Out for Game Room?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 12:18:36 AM »
I'd like to see it, but I'm not counting on it. Game Room hasn't seen an update since last year, has it?

I liked the service, even though selling Venetian Blinds was a joke, and the whole Sunsetriders fiasco got my hopes up.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 07:45:43 AM »
i really hope they're just taking a break in the game release schedule then.  wikipedia says they promise "at least 1000 virtual arcade cabinets over the next three years", but doesn't list any future games other than Sunset Riders.  they need more companies though, as I'm not really interested in Atari, ActiVision, or InteliVision games. 

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:50:22 AM »
I hope it makes a return, too. I had heard that Krome had shut down, so hopefully the delay has just been due to finding a new developer. I heard a rumor (from GDC, I think?) that Game Room isn't dead yet, so I hope this turns out to be true.

If it doesn't have any more updates, I could see why, though. $3-across-the-board pricing is kind of crazy. Some games are a steal at this price, but there's a lot of stuff that shouldn't have sold for more than a buck. And from what I've read at different places, Sunsetriders not being in update 013 really pissed a lot of people off.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 10:14:01 AM »
I wouldn't bet on it. As much as I like Haunted Castle, I bet Konami's not going to let a game that elicits that kind of reaction from people out of the bag unless it's remade somehow, at least in terms of the challenge level. Still, it would be nice to see an arrange version of the game, as it was a pretty good early CV game, it just needs a few tweaks.

Tags: