Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I can't believe it Isn't Castlevania  (Read 67393 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2012, 12:01:37 PM »
It's the Magic of HDR Photos. They make ordinary sights... SEEM EXTRAORDINARY!
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »
The very first pic in the first post of this thread reminds me of Fable.

The third pic reminds me of Beast von Vincent's castle in Trickster.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2012, 08:05:15 PM »
Why do i get a prompt for a username and password when I go to the first page...?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »
Because someone hotlinked images from a site that now requires a login to access whatever has been posted before.

Offline Leirbag

• duud !
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2012, 12:09:54 AM »
Actual Dracula's(Vlad Tepes) castle: (Bran castle)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:44:39 AM by Leirbag »
Whip it with fire !

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »
That's definitely a place to visit.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2012, 07:08:40 AM »
I love the shot with the town there.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2012, 02:47:14 PM »
Okay, sorry for bumping an old thread, but I figured some folks would find this interesting so im reposting from my LJ. My grad school had a LOT of Castlevania-esque architecture. I unfortunately didn't have time to take as many pictures of everything as I wanted (and my room was too dirty to share pictures of XD) but here are a few images of Yale's most striking buildings--the Hall of Graduate Studies, the Sterling Library, the Law school, and sum other stuff!

Here's the place in which I lived, the Hall of Graduate Studies.

As you can see, it's a big tall tower where the students live, and the buildings on the side are where other offices are. It's very convenient...living there wasnt so bad, all things considered, though god damn there were a lot of silverfishies (little bug things that like eating book binding). But seriously, look at the designs on that pillar in the last picture. It's like a Castlevania game! The HGS would be a good "Tower" style stage...

Now for the Sterling law school:

Pretty impressive, huh? Yale has some great architecture. Doesn't it look like something out of a Castlevania game? The whole "castle" style decor.

Some pictures of the area around the big Sterling library:

That second building is one of the dorms, I believe (though I'm not sure, never went in there XD). It looks nice tho. The last pic is the view from the front :D

Now, for the library itself!

Lotta good stuff there, eh? Just look at the architecture. Designs from cultures all over the world, as you can see in some of the pics, sculpted into the stone. All sorts of other little designs and stuff are etched into the stone, and there are stained-glass windows~! A statue of someone (don't know who, shoulda asked...my camera wasnt powerful enough to make it out ;_; ) tops the library, like a Castlevania stage or something. So awsum!!!!!

More Castlevania-y buildings. I think these are dorms as well. Don't they look like little castles? Pretty cool pretty cool :D

Aite, now for THE most Castlevania-y building at Yale: THE CLOCK TOWER!!!!!!

Look at that! Isn't that ballin? It's so tall, and even more, it has intricate designs that are PERFECT for a CV game. I wish I took these pics earlier, because as you can see, they were doing some renovation work on it, but still, you can see how impressive the building is. Status of cultural figures important to Yale, designs etched into the stone, and so on. Behind it there are some extra buildings, which I tried to get pictures of--if this was a CV game, I bet they'd be good places for secret stages and stuff. :D

Aite, my last bunch of pics is for another Castlevania-style building. I've never entered it before (never had to) and I shoulda checked what it was, but oh well. It seems to be related to the clock tower, judging by the location and the clock you can see on it in one pic. I also thought the architecture made it a good Castlevania-esque stage :D Look at the reliefs of angels you can see in a couple of pics, and overall, the whole "arch over the road," the windows, etc. make it seem like it'd make a good Castlevania stage. :D :D

Well, there are my pics from Yale. Hope u guys enjoy~<3
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:50:48 PM by Gunlord »

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »
Dat clocktower :B

Hmm, imma share my old High School.

couldnt find many photos that were not the front of the school, which is really the most prominent part- but heres some.

from the 4th floor in certain parts of the building there were some really magnificent views of the architecture, such as those spires. And since it is one of the highest points of the area, and near the port, you get a beautiful view of the surrounding neighborhood and the city. (And New jersey from other parts of the building)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »
Didn't know where to upload this, but I was watching a playthrough of Mystical Ninja last night and this came up. I LOL'ed.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:19:22 AM by shelverton. »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2012, 10:34:06 AM »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
thats still ridiculously amusing though.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2012, 11:02:06 AM »

I put this in the Photo Thread but it's also appropriate that I put it here.  Richter and me hangin' out. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2012, 10:13:52 AM »
Actual Dracula's(Vlad Tepes) castle: (Bran castle)

But that's just one of a number of castles Vlad has built during his reign. Poenari Castle Shown here is the one most infamous with Vlad Dracula. Not only did this fortress help inspire Bram Stoker but it is also this same castle that one of Vlad's wives threw herself out of in order to avoid capture by the invaders.

"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: