Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Mine and Puwexil's Top 5 Castlevania questions!  (Read 8677 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Mine and Puwexil's Top 5 Castlevania questions!
« on: May 12, 2011, 12:47:31 PM »
Even though we nag each other on and off, Puwexil and I agree these are probably the top 5 Castlevania questions. What are your alls answers?

1. Why are there so few female heros? Should the LoS sequel have one?

2. Who do you think is the greatest Belmont of all time?

3. Kojima or the OoE artist?

4. Which Castlevania do you think feels the least like a Castlevania title?

5. Should there be more HOT female enemies?

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Mine and Puwexil's Top 5 Castlevania questions!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »
I can't believe you're not banned yet.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:52:44 PM »
I didn't know you didn't want question 5 posted. Don't jump down my throat on the IRC. >_>

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »
1. cuz IGA's a sexist derpderpderp

2. Simon, or Leon's successor.

3. Kojima, although Masaki is an excellent replacement but we haven't seen any indications that he's still interested in doing more work for the series.

4. Judgment, or Encore of the Night

5. Succubus is overrated, give us more Diplocephalus/Astarte/Draculina

prunyuu edit: LoS sequel should only have a female costar if she's a Belnades. Okay?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:05:49 PM by Crisis »

Offline Ridureyu

• A boomerang to the head cooled my jets.
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »
Even though we nag each other on and off, Puwexil and I agree these are probably the top 5 Castlevania questions. What are your alls answers?

1. Because "typically, the women in a vampire story need to be rescued." -Igarashi.

2. I'd say it's definitely Simonchristopherjusterichtersoniavincen tdesmondjuliusleon.

3. I've only seen the OOE artist in one game, but he/she did a great job in that.

4. Curse of Darkness.

5. You mean there seriously aren't enough already?

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 01:36:15 PM »
1. I'd only be up for a female hero if she breaks the prototypical spellcaster mold. I dunno, give her a spear or something. (Shanoa sort of did this, but even her weapon usage was written off as LOL MAGK)

2. Simon and/or Christopher.

3. Both have their merits. I'd say give Kojima a break for a while though.

4. The Kid Draculas. (Great games though.)

5. "You know what they say... the more the merrier!"

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »
1. Because "typically, the women in a vampire story need to be rescued." -Igarashi.

Source? That's pretty true though.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »

1. IGA's got issues with this and thus should seek help before making another game.

2. Most of us grew up wit Simon so...

3. OoE's art was refreshing. I found that some of the women (Laura the jeweler) was a very hot-looking woman.

4. Lords of Shadow.

5. Bring on the sexual equality. (This includes heroines too!)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 07:25:08 PM »
1. I agree with the stereotype that men do the fighting and women are for support / are to be rescued. I'd say 99% of people playing these games are men, and only a small portion are the kind of perverts who want a hot female main char just to get their rocks off.

2. Richter in SOTN, even if his moves and item crashes are way exaggerated.

3. Kojima

4. Never played it but "Judgment" probably. LOS did it right with the some atmosphere but wrong with the enemies IMO.

5. Definitely. In the form of vampire women, spider-women, and maybe a hot Mer-woman.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »

Ahhh, Hero! You're always good for a controversial thread! ;)

1.I always thought it was because the games were set in times where women weren't allowed to do any fighting.

2.Simon. He was the first, he killed Drac a couple times, and his Simon's Quest armor makes him look like a BAMF.

3.Kojima. I liked Masaki's art, but I like the stylized Kojima thing even though I think she's a one trick pony as far as that goes.

4.Of the ones I played? Probably the Sorrow games. I liked them enough but they seemed like some JRPG-lite type of thing rather than a Castlevania game.

5.I think there should be a monster that's shaped like a pair of boobs. Anyone else with me? Guys? >_>

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 08:14:19 PM »

5.I think there should be a monster that's shaped like a pair of boobs. Anyone else with me? Guys? >_>

Well, there's Max Slimer which solves... like... 45% of that problem.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »
Well, he looks more like a breast implant really. But I'm talking about like a pair of perky, forward-facing tits. Ones that could possibly shoot sharp little cone things from the nipples.  :o

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 01:34:44 AM »

1. Around that time, I don't recon women were allowed to do much but stay home, it would make sense only a selected few were allowed to fight. I personally like the fact that most Castlevania protagonists are male, the "saving the damsel in distress" stereotype is quite nostalgic .

2. Leon Belmont, simply because of his tragic nature.
(click to show/hide)

3. Kojima. I love her abstract gothic style. In some pieces of her work, she manages to turn an object into something it's not, creating a different image. She is by far my favourite artist.

4. LoS. Something is missing there.

5. I would love to see Ayami Kojima design some harpies, arachnes, or even some lesser female demons for future games.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 01:41:11 AM »
hero why are you killing this board

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 01:43:26 AM »

1. I really don't know but adventure/action games have like a tradition of the male hero guy who pwns evil dudes. But I liked Sonia, Charlotte and Shanoa a lot. And no female hero in the LoS sequel, please, I want to see Gabe/Drac or something like a LOS Julius Belmont.

2. Grant DaNasty. Hum, I really like Trevor. I'd like to see his story more detailled in the future (a real scenario for Dracula's Curse or before the fme, for example). But please forgot the Pachislot things.

3. Kojima for sure. I like OoE's art, but Kojima seriously delivers a lot. Just look at her recent art book: fantastic.

4. Maybe LoS (though I really like it and its story), maybe all the "spin-off" stuff like the Pachislots or the Kid Dracula things.

5. Well, I'd rather have more HOT female heros!

Tags:

anything