Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Terraria  (Read 2814 times)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Terraria
« on: May 31, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »
Terraria Official Trailer
Its a pretty cool game if I do say so myself. It plays like a hybrid of Minecraft and a Zelda/Metroid esque exploration rpg. You start off by making a character, making a world(choosing to make it small, medium, or large) and being thrusted into it with nothing but an axe and a pickaxe. It is here where the game is like Minecraft, cutting down trees and mining minerals to build and create anything from houses to forts. However, that's mostly where the game draws the line. It may look like Minecraft but it is so much more. It has much more of an emphasis on combat and exploration as you discover new areas, enemies, and of course loot from the rare chests. It is a challenging to stay alive early on in the game, it isn't as forgiving as Minecraft is in my opinion. However it is a lot of fun, has a decent enemy variety, random events, and even bosses. Anyway, does anyone play this game? Cuz' if you haven't and love Minecraft, exploration games, or both then you will probably enjoy it.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:14:43 AM »
It's looking interesting, but i don't know if i will play it.....maybe sometime in the future......
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 06:21:01 AM »
yeah I saw this game on the yogcast. Its not too bad but I dunno if Ill ever play it

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 07:00:17 AM »
The graphic style looks cool. I may try it out.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Terraria
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 10:13:03 AM »
yeah I saw this game on the yogcast. Its not too bad but I dunno if Ill ever play it
I thought the same thing which is why I just tried to find it for free to try it out....little did I know that I would get hooked. I wanna buy the full version now to get the updates and such, but for now me and a few friends had some fun playing over Tunngle.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Tags: