Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D  (Read 11120 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 11:17:55 AM »
I wonder what they're going to do about the Fire Temple music, because the track that they replaced it with after the Muslims got offended was just horrendous.

I just checked this out! I had absolutely no idea that Nintendo was forced to make this change. And what's more I happen to own the golden cartridge with the original piece intact so I never heard the alternate version till watching that video. Personally I think the Muslim community needs to let things slid or they will never get anywhere in life. It's only game music. What's the harm in that? It's not like it hasn't been done before and I think it sounds really cool and properly portrays the atmosphere of the fire temple.

The only reason I bash the time limit idea for Majora's Mask is that it interferes with my playing the game. There's nothing worse then getting really far only to have it snagged away from you when time runs out and you have to do it over again. If the system was done differently then the game would've been more enjoyable. But as is, it's just a struggle for me to get through. It's no fun to play while you're developing an ulcer because of the stress the clock puts on you.

-X
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:24:27 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 01:19:45 PM »
You can always slow time down to a crawl by playing the backwards song of time.
Honestly, you can get through an entire dungeon with time to spare with that (maybe even two), and the things you lose are minor things like rupees (which you can save) and ammo (which you can easily find by chopping up bushes).

The only way you could be getting frustrated is if you miss a scheduled event.  That does bother me, especially if it's on Day 2 or if I mess up at it (like the Romani Ranch UFO thing), but it's not that big a deal.  You can do all that stuff after you've cleared the dungeons.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 03:04:34 PM »
OOT was kind of a 3D reimagining of A Link to the Past, so I usually give A Link to the Past more credit. (At the end of the day I'm almost a bigger fan of Zelda II and Link's Awakening, though). Anyway, I do think that OOT is the most complete 3D Zelda to this date. Majora's Mask was great because of how it created a complete and meaningful world, which OOT was missing at points. A combo of MM and OOT is a recipe in the right direction. But anyway, I've never understood Master Quest. Originally, it was supposed to be Ura Zelda for the 64DD, wasn't it? It was supposed to have new areas and stuff. And then it just became remixed (now mirrored on the 3DS) dungeons?  I've heard that Master Quest is a bare bones Ura Zelda, and that elements of Ura Zelda found their way into MM. Can anyone clarify?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 02:12:45 AM »
(At the end of the day I'm almost a bigger fan of Link's Awakening, though).

I would love to see a remake of Link's Awakening......since the first time that i have played it on GB, i always dreaming about a remake, like Metroid nes, has got a remake with Metroid Zero Mission.....
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:20 AM »
Never said I hated on Majora's Mask.

I never said you did either.

Didn't they have to change the symbol on the mirror shield too because it was offending the Muslims again?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 06:03:55 PM »
Didn't they have to change the symbol on the mirror shield too because it was offending the Muslims again?

What was the original shield symbol?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 06:35:47 PM »

Original, with Moon & Spark symbol (the awesome shield)

Revised, with stupid-awful horizontal wrench symbol (the ugly version)

Muslims complained because the Moon+Spark looked like the Muslim Moon & Star.

The Spark in the Moon+Spark is four points in diagonal directions, as opposed to the star which is... a star.
The Moon also faces the opposite direction but they still complained.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »
I mentioned this to Jorge already, but on Club Nintendo, if you register the game on release (and till they run out of supply), they'll send out a soundtrack CD. I'd love to have that but I don't know whether I'll be buying the game, considering I don't have a 3DS and don't intend on getting one till probably next year. I wanna hear the tunes, though, so..............one of you should get the soundtrack and rip it in high quality and upload it and post the link here. ;)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything