Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D  (Read 11122 times)

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:24:24 AM »
It's looking pretty.
Looks like we get to use the touchscreen a lot.
The graphics look updated as well.
Maybe I should get a 3DS now.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - Gameplay Clips
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - JPN Overview Trailer

Here's the commercial:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - Commercial

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 12:28:24 AM »
I like the way this looks so far. I love how they made the animation so fluid. But... there's something I don't like about the way the models look. They look stiff and their faces seem kinda squished. Also the cloth physics on Ganondorf's cape looked nicer in the original N64 version. :\
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:53:36 AM »
The framerate is greater than 15 FPS? IT'S A WITCH AAAAAAGH

*punches hole through screen*

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:43:43 AM »
I just need to find a job, so i can grab a 3DS.......... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 05:17:01 AM »
Awesome! Gotta' get this. Ocarina of Time is probably my favorite game. It left a huge impact on me and whenever I go back to it, it never fails to captivate me. Master Quest is the bomb!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:02:01 AM »
You get Master Quest AND Boss Rush.  That's pretty 'boss' right there.
I'm getting this, definitely.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BullockDS

• TheMoonMan
  • Hunter in Training
  • I'll see you all at 3:15!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 07:22:15 AM »
This has been on my want-list for so long, and it's drawing ever closer now. :D :D

I heard a rumor a while ago that Nintendo was planning on porting OoT to the original DS, but then they eventually scrapped the port. If that's true, I'm glad they waited until they released the 3DS to port it; the wait has really paid off in terms of absolutely gorgeous enhanced graphics that still keep the charm of the N64 original's visuals (unlike those dime-a-dozen Rice's Video Plugin texture packs >:(), delightful goodies to keep players coming back, the ease of equipment use thanks to the touchscreen, and the 3DS' slider pad (ughh... imagine having to play OoT on a DSLite or DSi with their thumb-raping D-pads; it'd be worse than Super Mario 64 DS). With all this in mind, OoT3DS looks to be a stellar package overall that I can't wait to get my hands on!

My Character (not drawn by me)

The free market punishes irresponsibility. Government rewards it. – Harry Browne

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »
There has never been a video game I loathed as much as Ocarina of Time.  I grew up with Zelda, and I still think A Link to the Past is easily one of the best games ever made, but this game disappointed me in almost every possible way.  What Miyamoto's done to Zelda is a lot like what George Lucas has done to Star Wars.  Both men are brilliant, but they're shamelessly exploitive and disrespect their his own art.  The graphics on the 3DS are a fantastic improvement --if I were a graphics whore I might even give it a second chance, but the game's overall design and story are far too broken to take it seriously.  The only things I really enjoyed were the battle system and the dungeons, but even those highlights make Wind Waker look like a masterpiece.  Castlevania's clunky continuity is at least cohesive, Zelda's a nightmare --talk about a series needing a reboot...

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »
but even those highlights make Wind Waker look like a masterpiece.

Well, I dunno. The game's were only released several years apart from each other.

Nah. I kid. I understand your point completely. OoT had tons of parts that just annoyed the hell out of me, whereas I enjoyed A Link to the Past the whole way through. I still hold OoT as one of my favorite Zelda games though.

I would go as far as saying "I've never loathed a game more than Ocarina of Time". Cuz honestly, I'm pretty sure there's other games you've played/seen before that were much, much worse. Try Zelda: Majora's Mask, with your three day time limit. :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 08:38:04 AM »
Eh, that game is pretty good in other ways.
The worst Zelda is "Faces of Evil".  Seriously. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:44 AM »
Cuz honestly, I'm pretty sure there's other games you've played/seen before that were much, much worse. Try Zelda: Majora's Mask, with your three day time limit. :P

Majora's Mask leaves every other Zelda so far behind in the dust it's ridiculous. That game had balls.

Which is pretty much potentially the best thing about Ocarina 3DS, that it might encourage them to put Majora on the system as well, somewhere down the line.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 09:30:16 AM »
Majora's Mask leaves every other Zelda so far behind in the dust it's ridiculous. That game had balls.

Which is pretty much potentially the best thing about Ocarina 3DS, that it might encourage them to put Majora on the system as well, somewhere down the line.

This times a billion. People who hate on Majora's Mask only due so because of the 3 day cycle which is one of the best features in that game
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
This times a billion. People who hate on Majora's Mask only due so because of the 3 day cycle which is one of the best features in that game

Never said I hated on Majora's Mask. I love the whole concept of time behind that game (had more time-related things in it than OoT) and I loved the Mask system.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »
Random aside but somewhat related:

Is anyone looking at Nintendo's E3 right now?
Holy crap they're showering us with Zelda goodies due to it being the 25th year anniversary.

FREE Four Swords download (for 3DS?) and some other stuff.
FREE Zelda music CDs (including orchestral renditions) for the first few who register Ocarina of Time 3DS (or was it Skyward Sword?  It's all happening too fast) on Club Nintendo.
Promotional golden Wiimote for Skyward Sword.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 10:17:06 AM »
I wonder what they're going to do about the Fire Temple music, because the track that they replaced it with after the Muslims got offended was just horrendous.

If a group of people are offended by a music track, then the correct response would have been to have only that track play throughout the entire game, mandate that it be included on every game released on a Nintendo console, as well as play on every page of Nintendo's website.

EDIT: Episode 9: Fire Temple Chants - Pop-Fiction

According to this video, it seems that Nintendo intended to remove the original track before the game ever hit the market, though for reasons unknown it still appeared in the earliest versions of the game. It still doesn't explain why they changed the Gerudo symbol; it resembles an Ottoman crescent.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:27:47 AM by Tanatra »

Tags: