Poll

Which do you like better?

the really, really funky bloody tears
6 (20.7%)
the  extremely catchy theme of simon
23 (79.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloody tears vs Thme of simon belmont  (Read 8671 times)

Offline JooohnShaft

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« on: September 15, 2011, 01:38:06 AM »
You knew it was gonna happen...

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Bloody tears vs Thme of simon belmont
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 06:44:53 AM »
Actually, I didn't know at all. Why these two? Then again, why not?

I voted Bloody Tears. After all these years I still don't like Theme of Simon that much. It's catchy and all, but for me it's the weakest track in CV4. I mean, I LIKE it, but there are so many great tunes in that game... Theme of Simon falls short.

Oddly enough, I only recently started to REALLY like Bloody Tears too. Yeah, I'm weird. It's been used way too many times and none of the remixes can really beat the version in Simon's Quest. It's kinda awesome. But I honestly like Monster Dance even more.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:47:21 AM »
It's nigh impossible to just choose one, but if somebody was pointing a gun to my head, I would choose Da Theme. It has more variety and has not been overused. It's also really badass.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »
Theme of Simon Belmont. I like Bloody Tears but I feel Simon's Theme has more power behind.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:11:01 AM »
Can't stand Bloody Tears in most of its reincarnation, so I'm all for Simon's theme.

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
I voted bloody tears. Something about it's use in the chapel in rondo of blood that just gives me chills.

I don't really see why you would want to compare these two songs though, One is a chapel song and the other is an entrance theme. Then again bloody tears is kinda Simon's theme in CVII but that would mean you should have added VK to the poll as well since it's Simon's entrance theme in the first game.

Do a favorite entrance theme poll next! or maybe I'll do it later?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:24:10 AM by Alutwon »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 11:23:15 AM »
Although I enjoy bloody Tears depending on the game it's featured, I chose Simon's theme. SCV4 was the first time the theme showed up and they made it epic with the final battle against Dracula. No other CV game to date has ever done it like SCV4 had.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »
It's strange though, that the final battle in SCV4 is one of the most underwhelming in the history of Castlevania, yet at the same time it's SO epic. They really NAILED the atmosphere. Dracula himself is pretty damn uninteresting - he doesn't even transform! - but the battle is still perfect. I can't wrap my head around this enigma.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »
Ive heard Bloody Tears too many times to really find it special anymore.

So Simon it is.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline JooohnShaft

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 03:10:35 PM »
@Alutwon: I'll make positively sure to make one. thx for request!
@shiverton: Yes, maybe it was the simple gameplay of the battle and the nostalgic value?
@every one else that voted for theme of Simon: yeah, i agree, Simon's theme was kick ass! though i still like bloody tears.     

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »
Theme of Simon. Bloody Tears is overrated.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 03:54:14 PM »
A few years ago I would have voted for Bloody Tears. Nowadays though, that Castlevania 4 tune is just fantastic to me. They're both cool songs, but I loved hearing Theme of Simon at the last stage of Chronicles. It really caught me by surprise and felt really appropriate. Bloody Tears tends to show up in chapel levels, and just doesn't have that same OH MY GOD I'M SO CLOSE TO THE END feeling. Very well-played in Chronicles.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
A few years ago I would have voted for Bloody Tears. Nowadays though, that Castlevania 4 tune is just fantastic to me. They're both cool songs, but I loved hearing Theme of Simon at the last stage of Chronicles. It really caught me by surprise and felt really appropriate. Bloody Tears tends to show up in chapel levels, and just doesn't have that same OH MY GOD I'M SO CLOSE TO THE END feeling. Very well-played in Chronicles.

hahah yes I totally agree!

Offline Kusanagi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Not even the legend of Belmont can withstand time
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 10:27:29 PM »
Simons theme for me. Something about it for me just struck me as amazing and I always tend to come back to it, more than Bloody tears at least.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 12:56:18 AM »
I like them both a lot but I prefer Dance of the Holy Man/Theme of Simon Belmont.  It's actually one of my favorite character themes, period.

It's been used way too many times and none of the remixes can really beat the version in Simon's Quest.

I feel the same way.  I've yet to hear a remix of Bloody Tears that retained the almost eerie quality the original had. If I knew more about music structure and terminology I could put to words exactly what it is the original has that all of the remixes (both in the series and fan-made) I've heard lack because I KNOW it's actually a sound/structure thing but... >_>

Tags: