Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Talent wanted for a Demon Castle War Teaser Trailer  (Read 15545 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Talent wanted for a Demon Castle War Teaser Trailer
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 05:16:25 PM »
+1
Your audio and BGM is ready:

Given the stakes, quality is not an option.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:45:20 PM by beingthehero »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 05:31:54 PM »

LOL

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
+1
Having a story is nice and all but I really doubt that snippets of dialogue from fan fiction is going to bring many more people on board or grab Konami's attention, I think that you would be better off focusing your efforts on creating mock gameplay videos to show off.

Also I wouldn't add any dialogue to your teaser unless you actually have experienced actors to perform it, poor voice acting will make the whole thing look cheap and if that's all the viewer is given untill the final seconds of the teaser then they will probably leave before ever seeing pictures of the game you propose.

The teaser for LOS had no dialogue and I don't think the teaser for the proposed next gen Alucard game did either so it's not like it's essential.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:39:04 PM by C Belmont »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 05:53:30 PM »
+1
This is JUST getting started.  No voice talent yet.  Which character are you interested in?

The only characters that are definitely known include...
Dracula
Julius
Alucard
The Hakuba Priest (Mina's Father)

Likely characters would be....
A Morris
St Germain
Various Military Personnel (wide open to a variety of accents and nationalities)

Completely Speculative Characters...
A love interest for Belmont
A Belnades witch

Of course, if you want to do a familiar character like Alucard, it's important that you can pull of the voice in a way that people will recognize the character...

I was looking at either Julius, Morris, or Dracula. I don't think I could pull off Alucard since my voice is not as smooth and I definitely don't sound like what's his name from SotN. If you put together some test lines I could do a recording if you like.
"Stuff and things."

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 06:45:35 PM »
+1
Cecil-Kain I just thought of something. I still don't believe that a rivalry of Morris vs Belmont is necessary. Instead it should be an experienced teacher (Morris) educating a hot-blooded inexperienced youth (Belmont). Both Morris and Belmont would still clash from time to time due to their separate standings and points of view, however later-on the two become closer pupils and are able to understand each other better. Then when the timing is right Morris passes on the Vampirekiller to Julius and tells him to fulfill his destiny as heir to the Belmont family legend. I'd much rather see a torch passing then a silly rivalry that would only induce an unstable element to an already critical situation. The Master and Student seems to fit much better and will allow some of the character tension to remain for the story's sake.

It could totally be Jonathan. He could die and pass the whip to Julius, who would avenge his master.

Charlotte could also be involved.

Jonathan as an Obi-Wan figure is an interesting concept --and I do like it.  But I have a hard time placing a 73 year old man in the middle of a War Zone --I just don't think that's something the actual game would do...  Maybe there was some kind of training relationship prior to the game?  I guess that has a lot to do with how Julius surfaces, and that's stumbling heavily into fan fiction territory...  Although there's no canon story that supports it, I'm guessing Alucard has kept watch over the Belmont Clan quietly --and then takes Julius under his wing when the time is right.  I think the less fan fiction the better.  The mature Morris rivalry concept to fits the scenario (based on what little we know) --and there's also some precedent with games like Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance...  This would make a good survey actually.

Having a story is nice and all but I really doubt that snippets of dialogue from fan fiction is going to bring many more people on board or grab Konami's attention, I think that you would be better off focusing your efforts on creating mock gameplay videos to show off.

Also I wouldn't add any dialogue to your teaser unless you actually have experienced actors to perform it, poor voice acting will make the whole thing look cheap and if that's all the viewer is given untill the final seconds of the teaser then they will probably leave before ever seeing pictures of the game you propose.

The teaser for LOS had no dialogue and I don't think the teaser for the proposed next gen Alucard game did either so it's not like it's essential.

Homebrewing gameplay for a mere Teaser Trailer seems a bit much to ask of those with the skill to pull it off.  I'm also concerned about how most of the homebrews I've seen heavily edit and recycle existing content.  The fans really expect more from Demon Castle War.  It would take something completely fresh and remarkable to be the centerpiece for a Teaser Trailer.  If anyone thinks they can do 2.5-D or even HD sprites and backgrounds, then please share.  One thing I definitely don't want to do is another slideshow video, so actual gameplay that looks authentic would really envigorate the project.  :-)

Aria gave plenty of clues about the story, but some fan fiction is required to connect the dots...  And yes, there's a million ways to screw up the dialogue --one talented voice actor just isn't going to cut it...  We'll need to hear from a distinct group of voices before attempting anything like the example that I posted earlier.  If the voices sound too much alike, or if voices don't fit characters, or if there's no talent to speak of --then the voiceover concept will need to be scrapped pretty quickly.  At this point, I'm just hoping to get a few volunteers to sample what's out there.

I was looking at either Julius, Morris, or Dracula. I don't think I could pull off Alucard since my voice is not as smooth and I definitely don't sound like what's his name from SotN. If you put together some test lines I could do a recording if you like.

I think Dracula would definitely be the hardest voice to cast --some heavy expectations of that particular character.

As for the test, I'm anxious to give you a listen.  Try out all the characters you like --use the dialogue in the example I posted, make up your own, quote famous lines or whatever...  Just don't take it personally if it doesn't work out. lol
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:49:26 PM by cecil-kain »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »
+1
As for the test, I'm anxious to give you a listen.  Try out all the characters you like --use the dialogue in the example I posted, make up your own, quote famous lines or whatever...  Just don't take it personally if it doesn't work out. lol

No worries. This is completely on a whim anyway so I don't have any expectations to speak of.

And while on the subject of voice talent, I doubt there will be much along the lines of experienced voice actors as that usually comes with a price tag.
"Stuff and things."

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »
+1
No worries. This is completely on a whim anyway so I don't have any expectations to speak of.

And while on the subject of voice talent, I doubt there will be much along the lines of experienced voice actors as that usually comes with a price tag.

You never know --most actors struggle to find their big break on Broadway or Hollywood.  Anything they can do to get noticed is good for an aspiring actor's career.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 08:05:15 PM »
When its called a War, It is meant in the sense that it was a great war between Light and Dark. Julius, the Belnades, Alucard, Morrises, the Church, and anyone involved in the fight against the supernatural, versus Dracula at the height of his power, and his army of monsters and undead.

It likely took place in eastern Europe, like all Castlevania games, in its usual setting.

Also where does it say that military involvement took place?

All i recall is Hammer being sent by the Military to investigate the floating castle in the sky. That is a natural response to a situation like that.

And yeah, the rivalry is silly and unnecessary. If the Morises still pass down the whip and train to be Vampire Hunters, then they are very well in touch with the Prophecy, and that it came to them from Belmont, and must eventually return to Belmont in 1999. They are the caretakers of the Whip, and Belmont substitutes. Not replacements. And will never be any more than that. It is their destiny to hold the whip until 1999.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »
+1
When its called a War, It is meant in the sense that it was a great war between Light and Dark. Julius, the Belnades, Alucard, Morrises, the Church, and anyone involved in the fight against the supernatural, versus Dracula at the height of his power, and his army of monsters and undead.

It likely took place in eastern Europe, like all Castlevania games, in its usual setting.

Also where does it say that military involvement took place?

All i recall is Hammer being sent by the Military to investigate the floating castle in the sky. That is a natural response to a situation like that.

And yeah, the rivalry is silly and unnecessary. If the Morises still pass down the whip and train to be Vampire Hunters, then they are very well in touch with the Prophecy, and that it came to them from Belmont, and must eventually return to Belmont in 1999. They are the caretakers of the Whip, and Belmont substitutes. Not replacements. And will never be any more than that. It is their destiny to hold the whip until 1999.

The zombie soldier or whatever from Aria is clear proof  the military was involved. Whether it was an actual military or one related to the church is beyond me.

Cecil, you may leave the voice casting to me. I'm a pretty decent voice actor myself, as well I am a part of a very good voice acting community that DOESN'T demand pay for their work. Also, voices are something I'm best with. I may as well take care of this part since I didn't necessarily help with the last video. So yeah, send your voice samples to me through PM or email people! :D

Also, 1000 posts. Lucky me.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 08:38:30 PM »
indeed there were military soldiers involved to some degree in the 1999 conflict, evidence as follows:

Quote from: Flame
Julius, the Belnades, Alucard, Morrises, the Church, and anyone involved in the fight against the supernatural, versus Dracula at the height of his power, and his army of monsters and undead.
there is also the Hakuba priest & St. Germain  :o
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:44:46 PM by Crisis »

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »
+1
The zombie soldier or whatever from Aria is clear proof  the military was involved. Whether it was an actual military or one related to the church is beyond me.

Cecil, you may leave the voice casting to me. I'm a pretty decent voice actor myself, as well I am a part of a very good voice acting community that DOESN'T demand pay for their work. Also, voices are something I'm best with. I may as well take care of this part since I didn't necessarily help with the last video. So yeah, send your voice samples to me through PM or email people! :D

Also, 1000 posts. Lucky me.

Alright. I'll leave the voice casting in your hands my friend.  For my role, I'll work on developing the Trailer's overall concept and direction --coordinate with the artists that volunteer and such...  By the way, is there anyone out there that can mimic Ayami Kojima's distinctive style?  We'll definitely need a 19 year old version of Julius Belmont for this project.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 09:19:31 PM »
+1
Alright. I'll leave the voice casting in your hands my friend.  For my role, I'll work on developing the Trailer's overall concept and direction --coordinate with the artists that volunteer and such...  By the way, is there anyone out there that can mimic Ayami Kojima's distinctive style?  We'll definitely need a 19 year old version of Julius Belmont for this project.

Bongomonkeys is a guy who used to post on Serio's board a LOOOONG time ago. He mimicked Ayami's style greatly. Otherwise, there's Vedora Kingdom. You can speak to them. Unfortunately, their work is posted in Serio's art thread so I can't link it from here.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »
+1
Bongomonkeys is a guy who used to post on Serio's board a LOOOONG time ago. He mimicked Ayami's style greatly. Otherwise, there's Vedora Kingdom. You can speak to them. Unfortunately, their work is posted in Serio's art thread so I can't link it from here.

I'm not able to view Serio's board --it appears the account is suspended?  Just browsing a few other websites I googled, nothing is really jumping out at me yet...  For now, I think I'll work on developing the concept with the current volunteers --let's see what kind of ideas they bring to the table.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
+1
I'm not able to view Serio's board --it appears the account is suspended?  Just browsing a few other websites I googled, nothing is really jumping out at me yet...  For now, I think I'll work on developing the concept with the current volunteers --let's see what kind of ideas they bring to the table.

The host changed. I recently became aware of this.

His new address is serio.piiym.net
Make sure you're not connected to the Dungeon or pretty much any other forum before entering.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 05:44:37 AM »
+1
f u i am talented!

Tags:

anything