Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Zelda Skyward Sword  (Read 11178 times)

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 06:00:45 AM »
Really the gold controler has it built in?

Yeah, if you look closely at the pictures of the controller you can see it even says "Motion plus inside" on it. I'm sure a large part of the reason they're doing the limited edition controller thing is for people who don't already have Motion Plus (like myself).

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:28 AM »
I think Minish Cap is the best Zelda yet, closely followed by A Link to the Past. I also prefer Wind Waker and Twilight Princess over Ocarina and Majora. But then again I'm not normal.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 05:07:12 AM »
I think Minish Cap is the best Zelda yet, closely followed by A Link to the Past. I also prefer Wind Waker and Twilight Princess over Ocarina and Majora. But then again I'm not normal.

I'm something like that, but i also love Link's Awakening!!! ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »
Update: Black Friday 3DS bundle IS in the US.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 02:51:32 PM »
Well well look at this cannot believe people are whining about they don't know it could be worse like how metroid fans have it or us right now. COME  FREAKING ON

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Review (Censored)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »
I keep thinking the baddie in this one is going to be Vaati.  The dark shadows and continuous "Big Eye" style shady enemies lead me to believe this.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Husky

• Don't let the post count fool you I've been around since 2001
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • ICVD!!!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 07:39:19 PM »
Waaaaaaaay to many games to play, I played maybe about 3 hours worth, and I enjoyed what I played so far, but I have no time these days :(
[img width= height=]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/photos-ak-ash1/v238/45/53/550506684/n550506684_756072_7919.jpg[/img]

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 12:29:11 AM »
I've dumped a good 15 hours into this game, and it's pretty darn fun. Pretty sure I still have a ways to go, too.

Offline ShinAkumaXX

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: Zelda Skyward Sword
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 03:40:48 PM »
Not that this has anything to do with anything, but I'm really torn between Skyward Sword and Skyrim. I want both but I can only afford one. Aaargh, what is a person supposed to do in times like these when every other game that comes out is a MUST HAVE :(

You probably already made your choice,,,, I had the same though and quickly went with Zelda. I can wait for Skyrim as I am busy with Dark Souls/Battlefield/Gears 3/Epic Mickey. However I wanted Zelda with the Gold Wii mote and knew I had to get it immediately. I went on Black Friday to Wal-Mart, they were $60.00 for the bundle (amazing deal). There were none left! Then as luck would have it someone put one back and I snagged it right away, lucky me.  I did however go back the next day and found 2 more, and sold them each on eBay for $100 a piece. Oh, I do have to wait till Christmas to open my copy though ha. Anyway as crazy as some might think I will wait for the Game of the Year or Ultimate Edition of Skyrim to come out, it may take a year, but I have tons of games to keep me busy in the mean time. It should be patched up by then and I will save loads getting it all in one package.

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Zelda Skyward Sword
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 03:43:41 PM »
I'm 3.4 of the way done with my second playthrough.  Awesome game, but I wish more of the cutscenes and dialogue were skippable.  It's only the second playthrough and I'm already annoyed with that.  Besides that glaring fault, Skyward Sword is probably the best game I have played in quite a while.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »
All the cutscenes are skippable on "Hero Mode".  Just press 2.
At least, all the ones I've done so far.

And the ending is pretty interesting.  However, two things come to mind with this game:

1. They REAAAAAALLY missed an opportunity to put the "Hyrule Temple" from Super Smash Bros. Melee.  When I started the game I'm like "It'd be awesomely retroactive if they put that Melee/Brawl stage, since the sky  is a big dynamic now."
2. They also missed a HUGE opportunity to put the "City in the Sky" from Twilight Princess as some kind of new stage.  That would've been pretty great 'cuz it would've tied the games together.  Either that, or "Cloud Tops" from Minish Cap.

Only three things I don't like (much) about the game:
1. Thrusting your sword forward isn't as responsive.  I've lost health on two bosses and a few normal enemies because Link won't freakin' thrust when I want him to.
2. I have pulled my hair while doing some skydiving events because I cannot understand how to skydive well.  Now that I'm done with the game I'm somewhat good with 'em but I still don't quite get 'em.  Specifically, when I want to move link forward while diving... instead, I have to tilt him around the screen and it's annoying.
3. The music, (especially the music in the temples) isn't as memorable as I would like.  It's fine, it's just not... y'know... catchy?  Lords of Shadow syndrome, maybe?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:36:33 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »
I'm on the last temple and honestly besides the Wii motion controls(which are pretty neat. However, they do kill me more than anything else) the game is sub par :(. Don't get me wrong it's fun but it's not TP or ALttP fun. Nintendo should get off their butts and do a full 3D remake of the greatest Zelda ever made, A Link to the Past!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
I hear rumors that's being developed for the 3DS with 3D in mind.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 07:37:43 PM »
Really? That would be nice.