Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Saints Row the Third  (Read 5239 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: November 17, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »
-First Impression Review-
I'm gonna lay it straight, I hated the First saints Row and ignored the second for the same reason. The moment I saw a few trailers I thought "Wow, this is gonna be some crazy shit, i might have to try this one out.". The more and more I saw commercials, trailers, and the Weird DLC and weapons.... I gave in.

From the initiation station you can pre-make your character and get a feel on how detailed the creation is, this is completely free so download this now.

After that I am initiated with a Prologue that was a harlarious mix of Star Wars as if it was written like a Boondocks Parody, after that some more humor with an ad for an energy drink ultimately leading to the first mission, a Bank Hiest. after you complete it you'll be led to a few more essential Plot Mission to set up the game. These missions would make a Perfect Demo as it Demonstrates ALOT of the awesome things that this game is capable of, overall, the set-up missions are top notch!

-Gameplay-
Back in high school I dreamt of the perfect GTA game which had Burnout style Driving and a Legitimate 3rd person Shooter controls.
MY GOD! they hit it on the nail and game me alot more than I expected! Driving has never been more fun and On ground combat is just as fun... I havent figured out how to do a cover system on the controller yet but if its there it just adds to the awesome!

-Graphics-
Colors are Bright, nature is natural, buildings have effort, Cars look realistic... Overall this game has great Graphics for it's art direction.

-Sound-
Like GTA games, you'll find a good variety of music in buildings and in (mopre importantly) the vehicles.

-----
First impression-wise this game is great.
The reason I do a first impression/ Lasting impression reviews is because of RAGE, before I beat it it was Awesome, after I beat it the game felt very empty and campaign-wise sucked.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 12:10:59 AM »
One thing you forgot

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/03/saints-row-clearly-has-a-dildo-bat/

yeah....I recall there is even a real one somewhere
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 05:35:08 PM »
I forgot its out now. Im too busy with skyrim and zelda to have time =/

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:15:51 PM »
I don't know anything about this game, but I'd like to say fuuuuuuuuuck this game, 'cos of this message from Chemlab's Jared Louche:

You'd think that i'd be pleased that they use a Chemlab track in their in-built station.
However, since no one actually PAID for the use of the song I'm furious as usual at getting ripped off. I own joint license with Metal Blade for all of the material on both Burn Out and East Side Militia so it's painfully obvious who IS collecting a check on this one.
Same as it ever was.
I'm sick of the tired old "Fist-Fuck The Artist" game.
I'm going after them.

Yeah. Including Chemlab's "Suicide Jag" is cool, because that's an amazing tune, but not paying the artist is seriously bogue.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline JooohnShaft

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 01:06:26 AM »
If you've got SR3 could you PLEEEEEEAAAASSSEEE tell me about it.
It looks AWESOME!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: So uhh... Anyone got saint row three?
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 01:41:21 AM »
Got it. Yet to try it though. You must have heard about how over-the-top the game really is. Just looking at the back of the CD case confirms this. It does look fun however I'm waiting to finish up my other two games I purchased that same day.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 02:38:35 AM »
This game tops in fun, mayhem, and memorable campaign.

It only sucks that you don't have this game yet, this shit is just pure gold!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 02:42:08 AM »
I don't know anything about this game, but I'd like to say fuuuuuuuuuck this game, 'cos of this message from Chemlab's Jared Louche:

You'd think that i'd be pleased that they use a Chemlab track in their in-built station.
However, since no one actually PAID for the use of the song I'm furious as usual at getting ripped off. I own joint license with Metal Blade for all of the material on both Burn Out and East Side Militia so it's painfully obvious who IS collecting a check on this one.
Same as it ever was.
I'm sick of the tired old "Fist-Fuck The Artist" game.
I'm going after them.

Yeah. Including Chemlab's "Suicide Jag" is cool, because that's an amazing tune, but not paying the artist is seriously bogue.

that sucks, but The game itself is fucking amazing.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 04:42:06 AM »

What's with the TWO threads about this game?
Just sayin..

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 06:27:08 AM »
Well, we could ask Jorge to merge this with the first thread...
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline JooohnShaft

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 02:21:36 PM »
What was the other one?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 02:24:42 PM »
The one that's four threads down and is titled "Saints Row the Third"?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »
The one that's four threads down and is titled "Saints Row the Third"?
Yep, that's the one.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline JooohnShaft

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
Ha! that actually made me giggle a bit. Kudos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »
Merged!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: