Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dungeons Of Dredmor  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:47:40 AM »
Anyone come across this yet? Quite a fun game... lighthearted take on the roguelike genre, with a serious bunch of skills to play about with, and weapons to craft. Very VERY hard though.... I am still getting my ass handed to me on the first floor, and when I got to the second just recently, I found a Monster Zoo... which basically was the end of that game as tons of nasties inched towards me, cornered me, and killed me to death. Still, it does exactly what many roguelikes have done before it.... make me come back to make more of my characters die horribly.

Have a look at http://www.gaslampgames.com/ ... at the moment the price is slightly cheaper up to 6 December, as it's in a for-charity bundle of games, The Humble Introversion Bundle, with Aquaria, an underwater Metroidvania by Spelunky's Derek Yu. Something like 4 dollars for a bunch of decent indie game is pretty good, and certainly Dungeons Of Dredmor and Aquaria are worth IMO more than 4 quid each.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »
I have it on steam. Too slow paced for my liking but well done

Tags:

anything