Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 200825 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
First, let's put things in perspective. Cox is teasing so much the sequel on twitter that it's getting old.

Then there is this.

A killer sequel, part of an espectacular reboot, blood related.. ding ding ding??

Then (neogaf quote)
Dutch Journalist Jan Meijroos is/was attending the event in and said that he couldn't say anything about what he said but that a big surprise comes out of spain, he added: 'A Spanish studio surprised friend and foe'.

Original Quote (google translatded)
Can not say anything yet about many 360 games I've played and seen today but the surprise comes from Spain ...? (not Christmas)

Cox tweeted abaout an important meeting this week.

Today we have a big meeting with..... ???? We are showing them our new project on..... ???? That is all!!

The journalist said (google translated)
lol ... no games in San Francisco with a Spanish studio surprised friend and foe

GDC is in.. you guessed it.. San Francisco
GDC 2012   San Francisco, California   March 5-9

And Cox said:

Busy, busy couple of weeks. Lots of important meetings and of course, GDC. See you there?

So, is an announcement REALLY close? And BTW, is the sequel too espectacular? :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:22:43 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Cant wait. Wonder what it will be called? Obviously not LoS2
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well, it was time about some Castlevania news. I'm really interesting about how the sequel is going to be...........
Ruler of Chaos

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
meh. nothing exciting as usual. still waiting for a logo or screenshot.

cocktease. coxtease.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

But we'll see. A reveal at GDC would be really nice though.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:43:49 AM by OSM »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Lords of Shadow is nothing but a Lord of the Rings spinoff.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I am eating lucky charms right now. And reading this right now makes me a slighty more happy, but it's mostly the charms that's doing it for me.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Lords of Shadow is nothing but a Lord of the Rings spinoff.
Get back to your cave, troll.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Nice news, I'm really hoping it's Castlevania.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
There's been quite a few rumors about LOS2 as of late.

I doubt the OXM teaser is not related to LOS2 (I'd like to be wrong though), anyway im not getting my hopes up for LOS2 being revealed at GDC, Konami would save something like that for E3 or something.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
That Dutch journalist writes for a magazine I'm subscribed too. If there is anything interesting to report, I'll shall post it here I guess.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Unless they're rebooting Lords then I highly doubt that poster has anything to do with Lords 2.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

-Belmont clan/protagonist
-Pot roast
-candles/torches for whipping
-more Castlevania esque soundtrack
-lots of platforming
-medusa heads
-Dracula

Sequel needs these.

What if they pull a next gen Dracula's Curse and give us more than 1 playable character?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Unless they're rebooting Lords then I highly doubt that poster has anything to do with Lords 2.

I was thinking the same thing. Either that or they're using the term reboot in a really awkward way.

I'm not too convinced that this has to do with Lords. Usually the gaming press uses ham-fisted phrases like "whip it" or "sinks its teeth into" when describing a Castlevania game.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Well, Lords is the only reboot that is getting a sequel. Despite the awkward wording, what else could it be refering too?

Tags: