Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Circle of the moon remake?? o.O  (Read 13178 times)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« on: March 16, 2012, 05:01:50 PM »
Anyone have seen this before?I'll admit,reusing the sprites from the original one is kinda err..lame though..
I'm not even sure weather its even a remake at all! XP
Castlevania Circle of the moon Remake

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »
Honestly, it looks more like someone was screwing around with the rom than a "self programmed remake".
If I was gonna remake that game I would definitely do it in SotN style, not in it's original form.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
Yeah..same here.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »
That is just horrendous.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 07:35:53 PM »
I can see the collision boxes, and when the character turns around, I can see the sprite 'clipping'.
Looks like someone is practicing amateur game design.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »
I can see the collision boxes, and when the character turns around, I can see the sprite 'clipping'.
Looks like someone is practicing amateur game design.

I did see this and that is what this was. I don't remember where I seen it first though.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 09:27:10 PM »
+1
And the bouncing when he hits the ground. Inclined to same it was done in Game Maker and he's running a custom bounding box script. "Bouncing" is a common bug for beginners in GM. It's one of the main reasons many people are scripting their own movement engines in it.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 07:24:32 AM »
Can't blame the guy for trying though,at least he got some things right..(Note that i said some)
so..*claps and applauses* lol

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
Honestly, it looks more like someone was screwing around with the rom than a "self programmed remake".
If I was gonna remake that game I would definitely do it in SotN style, not in it's original form.
I wouldn't go necessarly SOTN, but yes definitely a graphics upgrade would be in order!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 01:15:58 PM »
It looks like someone is trying to remake CotM for the PC. You'd think they'd attempt to improve on some of it's faults while they're at it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Beowulf

• Belmont Wanna-be
  • Hunter in Training
  • SOUL STEAL
    • Awards
Re: Circle of the moon remake?? o.O
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »
I do like Slayer mode, but i like that in all of my games. Cant go wrong with some Raining Blood while facing Dracula
Dear Konami. Where is my Castlevania?

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »
nothing interesting about this in the slightest.

As it was said earlier, just looks like someone was just messing with the rom and doing a little "experimenting".

Make a remake of Circle of the Moon with Hugh playable and than I would be very interested.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »
Yes!
A playble hugh would do it,also a shop of somekind..relying on items dropped from enemies every single time is just..bleack..
Plus,no meddling with the difficulty setting.Its what made Cotm stand out.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »
Auto-Run feature would be good too.  I can't think of any reason why one would walk in that game after having the ability to run.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 11:14:05 PM »
Auto-Run feature would be good too.  I can't think of any reason why one would walk in that game after having the ability to run.

I'd rather omit walking and only use it in cutscenes

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags: