Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2431603 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #3975 on: October 11, 2013, 07:43:36 AM »
Is that horror movie esq poster official or fan made?

Because I want it.
Official. They're going to release more.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
by the by, the poster is based on

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
http://gamingbolt.com/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-interview-how-the-sequel-will-be-bigger-and-better-than-the-original

Reporter: Ravi Sinha: Will any classic Castlevania characters like Alucard be making an experience this time around? Will Lords of Shadow 2 introduce other “rebooted” elements like the original did?

Dave: All will be revealed very soon…!
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Whoa, that's a pretty awesome poster. Really captures the spirit of the original games, in my opinion. I'd love to put something like this on my wall.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
The original Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was one of the best games this generation. Featuring an intriguing story line, fascinating cast of characters and the best elements of gameplay from several popular franchises, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is a game that you need to play.

So when MercurySteam and Konami announced the sequel, we became intrigued on how they can possibly better the original?

Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible way to start an article? Especially considering game "journalism" in general is ridden with bias & sucking up. It sounds like a damn sales pitch. You're supposed to write interestingly, not make the game sound interesting. That's the responsibility of the people who make the game.

I mean, at least pretend you're objective. Or make it clear that this is only the writer's opinion.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
That is debatable, for example, for me, and I speak only for myself, LOS1 is the best Hack & Slash of this generation (and I know more people who think the same). So, I can understand that the author of this article thinks the same. I see no problem in that it expresses.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Still, opinions shouldn't be presented in a way that makes it sound like it's fact. At least add something to the statement that identifies it as an opinion.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
All a review can ever really be is an opinion anyways, so what's the big deal? I never read reviews expecting to get solid facts. I read them to get opinions. I thought that's what the purpose of a review was. Unless the reviewer is talking about a bug in the game, or something about the gameplay mechanics, story, or music, then you are getting an opinion.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
All a review can ever really be is an opinion anyways, so what's the big deal? I never read reviews expecting to get solid facts. I read them to get opinions. I thought that's what the purpose of a review was. Unless the reviewer is talking about a bug in the game, or something about the gameplay mechanics, story, or music, then you are getting an opinion.
I agree. It's also not like this is the worst example of journalistic bias. There are far worse gaming journalists out there. Look at the Microsoft sympathizers during the XBONE reveal who criticized the public's reaction and were praising Microsoft for everything they were doing, that they can do no wrong and that the public were idiots for not joining in and supporting XBONE. Now, I'm not saying liking XBONE is wrong, but the way some of those journalists acted(especially towards their own readers and gamers in general) is. Some even ranted after Microsoft gave in and changed XBONE, complaining how it was OUR fault why gamers can't have good things. LOL!

This LoS reviewer, with his "so-called" bias is not even a blip on the radar compared to the other douches out there. 

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Here comes another LoS2 movie poster, the first of the fan art ones

(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
October 14, 2013, 09:13:47 AM - Hidden.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Anyone else rooting for this game to bomb?  If the sales are bad enough we may get a new direction for the series.
Well, the next one's going to be a new take nonetheless. The thing is, when an installment of a franchise bombs, the companies almost NEVER relate that to people disliking a certain installment over people just lacking general interest in the franchise altogether. It's stuff like that that results on companies abandoning a certain franchise or tossing it into a vault until some day they can revive it. That's kinda what happened to the Breath of Fire franchise with Dragon Quarter, and now, BoF6 is a F2P mobile game. I'm sure that's what happened with Devil May Cry too(DmC didn't sell to their expectations, and they think that means nobody's intererested in the DMC series anymore, so "get your ass into that vault... you're a failure!!").
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:25:11 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Anyone else rooting for this game to bomb?  If the sales are bad enough we may get a new direction for the series.
That's a terrible strategy that never works.

I would hope it does well, so we get more CV games.

Also, excuse you, but I'm perfectly happy with the LoS series and the direction it took, so no.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
The thing is, when an installment of a franchise bombs, the companies almost NEVER relate that to people disliking a certain installment over people just lacking general interest in the franchise altogether. It's stuff like that that results on companies abandoning a certain franchise or tossing it into a vault until some day they can revive it. That's kinda what happened to the Breath of Fire franchise with Dragon Quarter, and now, BoF6 is a F2P mobile game. I'm sure that's what happened with Devil May Cry too(DmC didn't sell to their expectations, and they think that means nobody's intererested in the DMC series anymore, so "get your ass into that vault... you're a failure!!").
Fail corporate mindset is fail. Fuck you, suits.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Anyone else rooting for this game to bomb? 

No.

....well that's the end of that fuckin conversation.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately