Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Plots that can still be used in IGA's timeline  (Read 30042 times)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Plots that can still be used in IGA's timeline
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »
I didn't like DoS story wise.  There is a threat.  The bad guys are killed.  And, all is right with the world.  That being said, Dracula doesn't always need to be the big bad.  We don't always need the Belmonts either (I'm going to regret saying that aren't I?).  Let Alucard and the Belnades family take center stage for a while.  Soma should just be left alone to live his life. 

That timeline needs a new evil to take over.  Hell, it could be turned into a 3 sided conflict: good, the new evil, and a faction of monsters still loyal to Dracula led by Death.  It would added a new dimension that could make the storyline pretty interesting.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 04:13:37 PM »
Oh I know. A spinoff with Alucard in his best MIB supernatural sector "Arikado" guise.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 09:43:58 AM »
You guys seem to be forgetting something, the next TRUE dark lord

I doubt it very much. Dario lost his powers permanently after losing to Soma. Then he ran away and probably got arrested by members of Alucard's organization. Without his use of fire Dario is nothing more then some undergrad high school, punk kid with authority issues. He doesn't have what it takes to be a dark lord, just a real attitude problem. Demetri would've had much more success except for that inflated ego of his which brought him down. Hard.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 05:24:11 PM »
I always thought the next dark lord was going to be Alucard according to his last dialogue line. Would be weird O.o

Everything comes full circle

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
I doubt it very much. Dario lost his powers permanently after losing to Soma. Then he ran away and probably got arrested by members of Alucard's organization. Without his use of fire Dario is nothing more then some undergrad high school, punk kid with authority issues. He doesn't have what it takes to be a dark lord, just a real attitude problem. Demetri would've had much more success except for that inflated ego of his which brought him down. Hard.
Dario wasn't a kid.  He was 37.  He and Demetri, like Graham, were supposedly born at the exact moment Dracula was defeated in 1999 and apparently absorbed some of his power.

I always thought the next dark lord was going to be Alucard according to his last dialogue line. Would be weird O.o
Well, he does have a legit claim to the throne by birthright.  So, it's possible.  He just doesn't want it and chose to side with good.  It would take a significant trauma to drive Alucard to follow in his father's footsteps. 
There is a scenario that I thought up in which he and Soma end up fighting each other and the battle doesn't end until one of them losses their humanity, but by doing so, they become the next Dark Lord.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »
He said that "If the world needs a dark lords, there will be one, even if it's not Soma" and he also called the dark lord a "neccessary evil" maybe he thought he was needed to do that to keep the balance?

Everything comes full circle

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »
+1
Nah, that speculation originated from (old) Wikipedia, of all places. Alucard was just hinting that DoS didn't really mark the end of the series. It would be bizarre for Alucard, of all people, to up and decide 'welp i've spent the better part of 600 years trying to stop Dracula, might as well become pops myself".

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »
Three ideas come to mind for IGA/old timeline:

1. Retelling of Bram Stoker's Dracula
2. Soleil's game that he will never get aka Legend of Dracula 3
3. Some kinda wacky remake of Legends? To make it canon-er?

I was also thinking, since it takes place in the way distant future, it'd be cool to do a new Getsu Fuma Den as a sort of spiritual successor to Castlevania. AoS already has glimpses of a focus on stuff happening in Japan.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:28:42 AM by Munchy »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 11:02:03 AM »
Dario wasn't a kid.  He was 37.  He and Demetri, like Graham, were supposedly born at the exact moment Dracula was defeated in 1999 and apparently absorbed some of his power.

Yeah I should've remembered about that. But his attitude is definitely that of a kid's.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Dominus Agony

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »
I was also thinking, since it takes place in the way distant future, it'd be cool to do a new Getsu Fuma Den as a sort of spiritual successor to Castlevania. AoS already has glimpses of a focus on stuff happening in Japan.

Although I'm not familiar with Getsu Fuma Den outside of his appearance in Harmony of Despair, it'd be great should they choose to use your idea, make Galamoth the main antagonist (thus linking Judgment, Galamoth being 10,000 years hence, Time Reaper, etc.)

As for additional games, how about a game set 100 or so years after Lament of Innocence? Or a "gaiden" prequel to Circle of the Moon? So many possibilities.

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
Yeah I should've remembered about that. But his attitude is definitely that of a kid's.

You can blame bad anime-level characterization for that. DoS's dialogue and plot reeked of Saturday mornings.

Offline Fofa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 03:45:35 PM »
1. Retelling of Bram Stoker's Dracula

I'm all up for that, but I don't think that the action in the novel comes up until the climax. That would make for a boring game.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 02:48:57 AM »
I'm all up for that, but I don't think that the action in the novel comes up until the climax. That would make for a boring game.

Yeah pretty much. It'd likely be revised so that Morris and company pursue Dracula but fail to catch him before he slips into his castle, then the game starts.

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 03:15:42 AM »
How about fighting some baddies during the pursuit? Like some of Drac's minions will try to mess with some towns and attack Quincy and the crew.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 09:42:43 AM »
Hm, I wonder why people want to see Getsa Fuuma Den to be aprt of the CV? There is no link between games whatsoever, aside from guest appearance in the HD and this game is kind of...specific (arguably non-canon e.t.c.). I really don't see why they should be somehow connected... :o

If there would be CV iteration of the Stoker's Dracula, it would be fun to compare it to the old Dracula game on the NES.