Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "If Koji Igarashi Is Tim Burton, Dave Cox Says He’s Christopher Nolan"  (Read 18969 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:39:03 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Those pictures amused the hell out of me, but I am not a fan of Kotaku at all.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
IGA's backdrop should've been the US SotN boxart.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
I'm liking this guy less and less. >_>

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I just like the pictures  :) Oh how simple one can be.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lucius J. Belmont

• Bathrobe Werewolf
  • Hunter in Training
  • stronger, more resilient than a spider
    • im mike jones
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
'If you like Legacy of Kain--' NO. STOP. AUGH.

In other news, wow. Iga as West's Batman made me laugh for a good minute.
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
'If you like Legacy of Kain--' NO. STOP. AUGH.

This was my reaction. LoS's story does not touch Legacy of Kain's, not by light years. (And yes, I know we only have the first game to go by so far, but it's still the same writers and that does not bode well.) As always with Castlevania, I will continue to play the LoS games for fun action, and never for story.

It's strange how gleefully Cox will compare LoS to tons of things, but shrieks with indignation when someone compares it to God of War (which isn't even a bad game!).

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well, it makes sense. Burton is dark but still makes some fun of itself like the IGAvanias, TDK trilogy and LoS are more serious

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Sure, chasing a Chupawhatever and an ancient Portal joke are serious business.

The point I'm making is LoS might be even more ridiculous because it takes itself so seriously and has fallen on its face when it tried to be funny on purpose. I can hardly listen to Picard's man-crushy over the-top narrative or Carlyle's whispering voice acting with a straight face. And I certainly can't find anything serious about Satan spewing cartoony villain lines while wearing a cloud to cover his crotch. The "Burton Castlevania" managed to thrown in a balance between quirky humour and srs bsns. "The Nolan Castlevania" has thus far not.

I think he displays a poor sense of insight by comparing his own product that way to the original Castlevania. It might not be the most inconsiderate and most dick thing to say, but certainly not well considered.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:11:45 AM by A-Yty »

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
(click to show/hide)
http://kotaku.com/5922531/if-koji-igarashi-is-tim-burton-dave-cox-says-hes-christopher-nolan

LOVE this pic!!! so hilarious. however.. i think dave cox was posed a question rather than came right out and said I AM AWESOME. LOL the title is a bit misleading i'm afraid.

***"It's a reboot of the franchise in a different universe than what you know. It's a different take on the mythology. It's a bit like the difference between Tim Burton's and Chris Nolan's batman. It's the same character, it's the same universe, it's a work of genius - but they're both very differnt takes on it."

('I' being the interviewer) So I asked him the all important question. If Koji Igarashi and the Castlevania of old was Tim Burton's take on Batman?

"Then we're Chris Nolan, mate. All the way." Dave smiled wide as he said this.***

please notice "WE'RE"

just replying man. ^__^

otherwise a nice write up.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Do you hear me, it's going to be fucking epic, Dave.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I think the comparision is pretty accurate. Also, Cox doesn't flat out say that Tim Burton (IGA) is worse, just that it's different. And I'd much rather have a producer talking passionately and with confidence in his product than hearing him say that he don't wanna be "Mr Castlevania" and that he basically can't wait to be done with the series and move on to something else, as if it's a burden to be head of Castlevania. Problem is that Cox is doing both these things. I actually prefer him being cocky and over confident. Not that I think he's THAT cocky anyway. Also, this article oozes of sarcasm and aims to make Cox not sound like a likeable person. Journalism...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:16:15 AM by shelverton. »

Offline gortaithe

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I think the comparision is pretty accurate. Also, Cox doesn't flat out say that Tim Burton (IGA) is worse, just that it's different. And I'd much rather have a producer talking passionately and with confidence in his product than hearing him say that he don't wanna be "Mr Castlevania" and that he basically can't wait to be done with the series and move on to something else, as if it's a burden to be head of Castlevania. Problem is that Cox is doing both these things. I actually prefer him being cocky and over confident. Not that I think he's THAT cocky anyway. Also, this article oozes of sarcasm and aims to make Cox not sound like a likeable person. Journalism...

i agree with you! But i don't think that cox saying he doesn't want to be Mr. Castlevania was so negative as regarding CLOS as a burden. i think they had a story to tell, had to wait to see how said story would be recieved and when it did well, they are going to finish their story. all good things must end. ^__^

i for one would prefer something detailed, rich, meaningful but short, rather than generic, regurgitated, stale and looong. i think the longer someone keeps something... the more it looses it's luster.

Tags: