Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Resistance 2...holy crap  (Read 5749 times)

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Resistance 2...holy crap
« on: January 12, 2008, 04:00:16 AM »

RESISTANCE 2

I just got my latest GameInformer and its cover feature is Resistance 2!!!!!!

Checking it out now... will update. (didn't see this on first two pages so assumed it hasn't been posted)

EDIT 1: HUGE cooperative game... EIGHT-PLAYER story-driven campaign along side single-player campaign. SIXTY-PLAYER Competitive modes... HUGE United States Landscapes as backdrops.

EDIT 2: "It is, in short, a tour de force for the untapped might of the PlayStation 3"

EDIT 3: Narrative stays with Hale the whole time... not Rachel. Hale shot down in Iceland, escapes to US and becomes part of program called Sentinels...

EDIT 4: Chameleon.. Stalker with total cloaking ability

EDIT 5: Overcoming stigma that boss encounters don't work in FPS games..

EDIT 6: Eight player coop over PSN, two player local

EDIT 7: CLASSES! Unique character with one of three basic templates... tank with heavy weaponry, special ops for distance (bullseye modified with zoom), medic

I'm READING FAST!

http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_bo...7131205/p1/?13

I cant make my own thread, stupid gaf mods., someone make a thread!

EDIT 8: Online matching... standard difficulty discarded for scaled challenges for team skill..

EDIT 9: Partially randomized geometry... levels are different with each playthrough

EDIT 10: again... 60 players online. want sense of epic b attle.. dont want fast-furious gameplay to be focus, more focused on squad v squad.

EDIT 11: will log into smaller four-to-eight man lobbies for each squad... encouraging communication and camaraderie, squad will be tasked witha particular objective. careful level design aims to deliver intense combat zones or small team conflicts that flow within arena of larger battle.

EDIT 12: Dedicated gaming community with stat servers for faster matchmaching than any console game of 2007. full-featured profile pages through myresistance.net will incorporate social networking concepts. open clan and party system to encourage community...no player invites needed.

EDIT 13: Aiming to deliver mobile-phone-quality sound.

EDIT 13: Aiming to deliver mobile-phone-quality sound.

EDIT 14: Futher tapped power of PS3... more enemies onscreen, better AI, better lighting and shaders (SCREENSHOTS LOOK AMAZING!!!). More comples normal mapping and detail mapping combine to deliver textures that look amazing from afar and at extremely close distances.

EDIT 15: AI getting a lot more attention.. will scaled on-the-fly to players perspective and viewpoint... aka enemies cloesr to the player will actually have more spohisicated AI routines than those further away. assailants in your direct field of view received heightened intelligence. easily more cunning than before

sorry for typos... typing fast

EDIT 16: listened to complaints... working on solution to long checkpoints and health system. not positive what final solution will be.

EDIT 17: "Our time playing was a blast"... each character class contributes in a unique way and "we loved the strategy-laden medic"... unique sense of teamwork

EDIT 18: Mysterious "Cloven"

EDIT 19: "Resistance 2 will be too epic to dismiss as anything but one of the biggest, boldest, and most high-reaching titles of 2008. It's a game that won't be ignored." [END ARTICLE]

RELEASE: FALL 2008

Insomniac is most def one of my favorite developers now...makes me want a PS3.

This year is going to be insane.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Resistance 2...holy crap
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 04:27:19 AM »
Haha, they look funny. (Ninja Gaiden+Samus+dinosaur=them) I like the ship on the cover.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Larzuk

• Owned
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 06:32:59 AM »
Ive been waiting for a sequel.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 06:37:33 AM »
Ok, for the record, those graphics kick the shit out of the first one.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 03:45:07 PM »
Ok, for the record, those graphics kick the shit out of the first one.

Seriously, look at the animation in the second picture, where they're all running down the stairs.

It looks like they're taking all the complaints about the first game and trying to fix them.  This could be killer..

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 05:50:36 PM »
60 players online? With objective-based gameplay that emphasizes teamwork? I don't know about this. It's hard enough to get three other people on the same wavelength in Gears of War. With 29 other players on your team, it'd take a miracle. Hopefully it all works out, though, because that would be epic.
The idea of two different campaigns is really interesting, but even moreso is the mention of bringing back boss battles. Yes, please!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »
I had a lot of fun with the first one so I'll definately be purchasing this!

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 07:36:14 PM »
Well, it looks like there's another reason to buy a Ps3 the coming Christmas season...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 09:36:03 PM »
Well, it looks like there's another reason to buy a Ps3 the coming Christmas season...

Well this year brings MGS4, Resistance 2, possibly Killzone2, Little Big Planet, Burnout Paradise, and some other gems..

This sounds like a good year for PS3 fans.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 09:43:45 PM »
In Reply To #6

No no you dont get it. Its talkin about 60 players total divided into smaller squads EACH with its own objectives in a HUGE map. Like 4-5 man squads all with their own goals all vs the others.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 10:25:09 AM »
In Reply To #10

I know that it's divided into smaller squads, but you're right. I really don't get it at this point. I'd like to read a more detailed description. I'm curious about how much interaction there is between the squads and such.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 10:34:26 AM »
In Reply To #11

Have you ever played a tabletop game like Mordheim? Thats how I see it. And if thats how its gonna be it might be one of the best FPS ever.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »
graphic's look okay but I'm personally getting tired of first person shooter war games, theyv'e been constantly churned out since 94, I'm ready for another real doom, with the puzzle aspect of the first two, instead of the boring doom 3 games that are nothing more than shoot every hellspawn until you kill them all. Searching for the keys and hidden items is what made the original doom games fun not just killing everything in site for hours and hours on end, that was just what added to the overall fun factor of the games and kept you  playing them for hours and hours when you were trying to find that last red key to get the exit.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything