Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)  (Read 146534 times)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2008, 10:27:08 AM »
Both DS Castlevanias had awesome 2D spritework

Ahahaha.

Sorry dude, you're killing me. Good joke.

Kamui0101

Re: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)
« Reply #331 on: January 29, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »
In Reply To #331

I must have missed the thread that listed your qualifications, but, what exactly do you do Serio that makes you an authority on this subject? Can I see an example of your work? Note that a lack of a reply to this assumes you're hiding from something.

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: January 29, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »
In Reply To #331

I must have missed the thread that listed your qualifications, but, what exactly do you do Serio that makes you an authority on this subject? Can I see an example of your work? Note that a lack of a reply to this assumes you're hiding from something.
maybe you should show us your work?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »
but, what exactly do you do Serio that makes you an authority on this subject?
I am your lord and god, kneel before me. ::)

This is the internet. Everyone has the right to express their own take on things, their opinions. I have about as much qualifications to say "this looks like pure shit" as you have to say "this game is my new god." And if you don't like it, discuss! that' what the forum is for. :o

Can I see an example of your work?
No you cannot see my work, it's still private. You're nobody I know, and I don't show off my work to random strangers who just happened to register and butt in into a conversation trying to sound all important. Once my other game's done, then sure you'll see it in it.

Note that a lack of a reply to this assumes you're hiding from something.
I'm hiding from the evil forces of Skeletor.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
Do not disgrace Serio.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline The Spoony Hou

• Awards
« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2008, 11:38:32 AM »
Platforming and level design also took a huge nosedive after SotN.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2008, 11:43:56 AM »
Dude, who the hell cares about outlines? Both DS Castlevanias had awesome 2D spritework and were incredibly fun to play. I don't really care how different the style is from classic CV, it's a blast to play all the same.

I do.  A lot of CV fans do.  When the newer games could look as gorgeous as SotN, but they don't because somebody at Konami wants them to look more cartoony, there's a problem.

Steve

« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2008, 12:53:35 PM »
Iga is an idiot, it's just that. He was only assistant director of SotN.

He actually became director after Hagihara left the project mid-development.

Offline Evil_Kitty

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: January 29, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »
Hey, this is slightly off topic but how do you downgrade the color like that I've been wondering how to do that for awhile? I'd assume Photoshop can do that...

Those pictures are hilarious btw. lol.

Kamui0101

« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2008, 01:52:04 PM »
In Reply To #334

Pfft, it's not unreasonable to ask for credentials from someone trying to act like they're better and more capable than anyone else in this discussion. You're asking for the attention, you're the loudest one in this thread. If you want to express an opinion, please do, but your attitude and means of doing it is awful. It's difficult to respect a poster's opinion when their means of expressing it is posts like:

"Ahahaha. Sorry dude, you're killing me. Good joke."

Additionally, the sprite work in DoS and PoR is by no means awful, and any attempt to say otherwise is nitpicking. The outlines on the sprites are annoying, as are the bright colors, but keep in mind that a large portion of the DS owning community still owns the first model (which has a faded screen). Those color decisions still make sense even now. I didn't even notice how bright the colors in PoR were until I bought a DS light, then all of the sudden they looked awful.

There are a lot of good reasons to trash IGA's DS games, I can't say graphics is one of them.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: January 29, 2008, 02:20:39 PM »
Dude. I own a ds fat with faded screen. Cotm looks perfectly visible on it. Hod is awfully bright. So no it's not an excuse.

Offline Algernon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: January 29, 2008, 03:12:16 PM »
I really don't see why there's so much disapproval of DS Castlevania's art style. Castlevania is one of the few series recognized for excellent 2D artwork, especially in the DS market, which is known for crappy 3D games. PoR had 3D backgrounds, interactive environments (I love knocking things off of shelves in the City of Haze), huge and well animated bosses, and so on. Outlines or not, DS Castlevania has some great graphics. You're comparing it to a pretty high standard anyway.

I don't like it when people bash great games on a basis on something as irrelevant as outlined sprites.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: January 29, 2008, 07:10:34 PM »

This picture is real, the others are fake.

The reason the fake ones were made, was to prove that someone 'could' fake this if they had the time and expertise, but most people "in the know", know that the original picture got leaked by someone that actually worked for Konami, and got fired right afterwards.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline The Spoony Hou

• Awards
« Reply #343 on: January 29, 2008, 11:46:08 PM »
He actually became director after Hagihara left the project mid-development.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: January 30, 2008, 12:26:35 AM »
In Reply To #344

To be honest, KONAMI is an idiot and not IGA!

IGA is just making his job that he has been charge by KONAMI and that job is to make a Castlevania every year!

What i want to say is that IGA doesn't have the time to think and make something new and better because of KONAMI.

If he don't listen to KONAMI, he will get fired up and because he don't want this to happen he's rushing things up and we get what we get and not what we want!

If you are working on a job, then you should understand what i'm talking about! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything