Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: No More Heroes  (Read 8256 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:59:36 AM »
is awesome

and everyone better go buy it ASAP.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
Re: No More Heroes
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:03:11 PM »
Bought it. Pretty damn sweet. The pop-in is TERRIBLE, but that's really my only complaint so far.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:14:20 PM »
What genre is it and what's it about bro? I'm tired of Rpg's so if it's one o' those I'm gonna have to pass on this one.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 12:09:42 AM »
Bought it. Pretty damn sweet. The pop-in is TERRIBLE, but that's really my only complaint so far.

What do you mean by "pop-in"? You've lost me.

What genre is it and what's it about bro? I'm tired of Rpg's so if it's one o' those I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

I don't play RPGs. It's basically a hack-and-slash game--a really funny, stylistic one by the creator of killer7 (one of the most amazing games ever made). Oh, and it's for the Wii. You should get it.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 06:03:11 AM »
What do you mean by "pop-in"? You've lost me.

I believe he means when distant objects suddenly appear or "pop-in" on the horizon as you aproach. 

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 07:41:54 AM »
In Reply To #5

Yep. It's pretty bad with the trees as you're riding around the city, but it's just a minor annoyance.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 10:47:58 AM »
In Reply To #6

can't be worse than Dynasty Warriors, enemies pop in 2 meters away from you some times >.>

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 10:06:31 PM »

I don't play RPGs. It's basically a hack-and-slash game--a really funny, stylistic one by the creator of killer7 (one of the most amazing games ever made). Oh, and it's for the Wii. You should get it.

Cool I'm getting a Wii probably pretty soon to play the new mario game and I'll give this a shot if my store (blockbuster) carries it.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:40:59 PM »
In Reply To #5

Yep. It's pretty bad with the trees as you're riding around the city, but it's just a minor annoyance.

I've never noticed it, so whatev'. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »
In Reply To #9

I'm noticing it a lot less now that I'm traveling everywhere at mach speed. I forgot about the boost on the bike.  :-[
Another low point: The recycling of levels. There are only 10 levels, so to repeat any areas is kinda sad.
High points: Everything else. I'm about to fight for rank 2 right now.

Edit: Holy fuck. I just beat the game, and I fucked up BAD. Do not repeat my mistake! When you beat the number 1 ranked assassin, it will give you three options: Return to Santa Destroy, Watch Ending, or Watch Real Ending. I thought, 'I'll watch the first ending, then the real ending.' After watching the first ending, it asked me to save my clear file. I did this on the same slot. This started a new game + file and fucked me out of seeing the real ending. Now I have to play all the way through the game again just to see it. WOW. So, yeah. Just a heads-up on that. Don't overwrite your original file. *bangs head on desk for three hours*
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 02:57:27 AM by The Clark »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 11:36:21 AM »
I totally didn't read the last part of your post for fear of spoilers. :o I'll select my own option and see where it gets me. Ha!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »
In Reply To #11

It's in your best interest to read it. I posted absolutely zero spoilers.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 04:59:13 AM »
I beat the game, and I read your plight, and I says to yous: har har. I always save games to a new slot when the game's beaten and the credits are rolling, 'cos it's almost always done to create a new game from the very beginning, but with stuff carried over from the previous game. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, MAN? :O

The very final boss is a total prick. He takes forever to kill. Not very tough, but takes waaaaaay too loooooong.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 07:29:47 AM »
In Reply To #13

I was thinking that it was just going to save a file that would let me free roam the town. That, and I figured that the real ending was just another cutscene. Oh, how wrong I was. And yeah, I'm actually replaying on Sweet (the easy setting) just to beat the final boss. After hitting him over 300 times on Bitter and not even taking half of his health, I gave up. That is ridiculous.

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 11:56:43 AM »
The game's not not in Canada until the 1st. :|
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Tags: