Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Halloween! 2013  (Read 27600 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« on: September 06, 2013, 06:58:37 PM »
+1
I was going to wait until the first day of Autumn again this year but, nah.
But let's get this thread and this greatest of holidays (well, in my opinion anyway) started right!
Helloween - Halloween (1987)

Any one have plans for Halloween yet? Movies you want to watch, games you want to play, costumes you want to make or candy you want to glut on? Post it here as we get ready for the October celebration of everything spooky.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »
Probably play some old school Classic Castlevania. Those early games captured the mood and essence of Halloween perfectly.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »
I always try to get in a watchin of Trick r Treat durin october and a few more movies like Hocus Pocus. Tryin to talk my gf into goin to haunted houses lol

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »
Each year I hold an October Horrothon for myself (and anyone around who wants to watch some flicks). I know a guy online whose best was something like 137 horror movies during the month a couple years ago. I could NEVER do that, and at most I think I've watched around 20. I'm not the true marathoning sort, you see, but I look forward to it every year because the best weather sets in and it just gives me that nostalgic Halloween vibe to have the windows open and watching some scary movies.

Last year I carved a jack-o'-lantern, will probably do the same. Pick one up at the apple orchard along with some cookies and apple cider.

I really wanna play through Costume Quest again because that sorta lets you relive that childhood fun of Halloween if you don't have kids to take trick or treating.

I just got the Universal Monsters Blu-ray box—the UK one since it's practically identical and only cost around $30 as opposed to $80 for the US set—and plan to watch all those, since I'm unfamiliar with all but Dracula and Frankenstein. My friends and I have also been talking about rewatching all the Evil Dead movies, and since I now own all four on Blu-ray (the French release of the director's cut roooooolz), I plan on having 'em over for a couple nights.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 04:35:22 PM »
Probably play some old school Classic Castlevania. Those early games captured the mood and essence of Halloween perfectly.

Yeah I've been thinking a replay of Legacy of Darkness would be really nice. And I've had several survival horror games I've been meaning to play for a few years. Specifically Silent Hill on the PS1, Resident Evil 2 on the Dreamcast, REmake and RE0 on GCN. Anyone wanna recommend which one I should try first?

Each year I hold an October Horrothon for myself (and anyone around who wants to watch some flicks). I know a guy online whose best was something like 137 horror movies during the month a couple years ago. I could NEVER do that, and at most I think I've watched around 20. I'm not the true marathoning sort, you see, but I look forward to it every year because the best weather sets in and it just gives me that nostalgic Halloween vibe to have the windows open and watching some scary movies.

Last year I carved a jack-o'-lantern, will probably do the same. Pick one up at the apple orchard along with some cookies and apple cider.

I really wanna play through Costume Quest again because that sorta lets you relive that childhood fun of Halloween if you don't have kids to take trick or treating.

I just got the Universal Monsters Blu-ray box—the UK one since it's practically identical and only cost around $30 as opposed to $80 for the US set—and plan to watch all those, since I'm unfamiliar with all but Dracula and Frankenstein. My friends and I have also been talking about rewatching all the Evil Dead movies, and since I now own all four on Blu-ray (the French release of the director's cut roooooolz), I plan on having 'em over for a couple nights.

Yeah I'll probably throw a marathon or two for myself as well. You're in for a treat with the Universal movies, provided you liked Dracula '31 and Frankenstein. Bride of Frankenstein is probably the best film of the whole universal monster cycle, but they're all a lot of fun. Though House of Dracula is probably the least fun lol. Be sure to check out Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein when you're done to, I actually like Lugosi better as Dracula in that than in the 31 film. If you find you enjoy John Carradine as Dracula in the other Universals he also played the Count in Billy the Kid vs. Dracula as well, the ending of which is hilarious.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:38:55 PM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »
Specifically Silent Hill on the PS1, Resident Evil 2 on the Dreamcast, REmake and RE0 on GCN. Anyone wanna recommend which one I should try first?

If you're wanting something that just has straight-up amazingly thick spooky atmosphere, then for sure go with the GameCube remake of the first, followed by the first Silent Hill which is really creepy in a different way but almost just as great.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 07:19:51 PM »
the resident evil HD collection thing just came out on psn I saw it the other day. No idea what it entails but it might be a fix your lookin for

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 07:16:36 AM »
No idea what I'm gonna do this year. I just know I'll be making several costumes.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 07:57:50 AM »
I dunno if Im gonna *need* as costume this year but I usually make a new coat sometime between this month and november. I dunno if I posted pics here before or not but I made this last year (coat and mask)

I dont have any better pics but I made the hood and the big shoulder cape detachable. If I dig it out of my storage box maybe Ill post more. Prolly make a coat similar to it this year but its gonna be a really dark blue thats so dark its hard to tell from black depending on the light

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 11:21:51 AM »
Ah! The Black Plague doctor's attire.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 11:31:31 AM »

Can I come to your Halloween party? Sounds like way more fun than anything my friends do around here.

I went as a Silent Hill Bubblehead Nurse last year, thinking of doing either Pyramid Head or a Closer enemy from SH3 this year. Just depends on my budget & if I can get the stilts I need for the Closer or not. May even do a fairy thing (since I've never been a fairy of any sort in my 28 years on this earth), but I dunno if I'd be able to get my hands on enough material for the dress with my budget, whereas I have around half of what I'd need for good ol' PH & the rest is affordable stuff I could get rather easily.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
I will probably cosplay as some videogame character and go to the NYC Halloween Parade with the rest of the geeky freaks. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ravvie

• Ooh, bacon!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 01:43:07 PM »
As I did last year, I will eat about a quarter of my weight in candy and lament my lost childhood while watching a dreadful made for tv movie. Averting that, maybe I'll go out to eat with my family or something; I'm pretty sure my brother is out of school that day and my mom works for the school district, so she's out too. That actually would be nice; considering my dad's birthday is the following Monday.

...either that or I'll be doing my college work. But I hope all of you who are doing something have an awesome time :)
That awkward moment when you have no idea what to write in a signature.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
a school thats out for halloween!? damn wish Id grown up there!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »
Gonna be Rex Power Colt from Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. I have a leather jacket coming in the mail, and bought a Robocop replica gun, so i figured why the fuck not.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:43:30 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: