Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LOS question  (Read 11126 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »
Jorge, isn't that introductory line in violation of the rules that you yourself posted against insulting/belittling other forum members? That aside, here's the Chapter 12 trophy to put to rest the idea that I didn't play the game.

I don't think so, and I think you'll find few who would agree with you that it is.
I did not call you any belittling names.

I will concede that it's been a while since the game came out, so it's possible that the finer details of the story may have been obstructed by time... but the deal with the God Mask and Devil Mask were quite well shown (I even showed you the video and pointed to the specific cutscene in question), and as Asgardwolf's post shows, there are people who picked up on those details enough to remember them.

Moreover, the previous posts of yours, as shown the opinions some people have, lead me to be confused as to whether you've honestly forgotten what happened in what are possibly the most important cutscenes the games has, or whether you are trolling (and yes, I see the image, but that could've been a family member finishing the game - I have a PS3 with a nearly-completed Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 file, but I never touched the game).

As an administrator, I have to look at all possibilities here.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume you're trolling, but in that case, you've forgotten what are very important parts of Lords of Shadow's plot, something which the other forum members have made you well aware of.

Lastly, I'm quite aware of what the rules are, here.  If you feel I've wronged you, you're welcome to send me a private message with your grievance, but I will defend my opinion and my conclusions when confronted about them.

I don't think it's out of line to say, essentially, that you forgot the main plot points of the end of the game, so you were either playing blindly or muted everything, or weren't paying attention.  You even said it yourself:

I guess I missed both the God and Devil masks. I skipped some of Patrick Stewart's narration, was it in that?

The God Mask was mentioned.  The Devil Mask was not mentioned, but was both worn, and alluded to in the game (you could not miss it unless you weren't looking at the game, or listening to the dialogue, during those scenes, hence my statement), when you see Zobek put it on in the cutscene I posted.  Then, during the ending credits, it's staring at you in the face for a while.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 07:09:01 PM »
Moreover, the previous posts of yours, as shown the opinions some people have, lead me to be confused as to whether you've honestly forgotten what happened in what are possibly the most important cutscenes the games has, or whether you are trolling (and yes, I see the image, but that could've been a family member finishing the game - I have a PS3 with a nearly-completed Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 file, but I never touched the game).

I don't know why everyone is so stuck on telling me I didn't play the game when I did. I don't know how to convince you that I did if photographic evidence doesn't do it. I'm the only one that uses my PS3, for what it's worth.

I did watch the video you provided, and it was pretty difficult to sit through to the point where Satan showed up (about 6 minutes)simply because most of it was Zobek grandstanding and saying a lot of words without actually saying anything of value. I've reiterated that I have a short attention span for that sort of thing.

I didn't ask this question to troll. I asked this question because I have one playthrough of the game under my belt almost a year ago. I thought I would ask a question that could be answered by people that understood the plot better than me and perhaps had the benefit of more numerous and recent playthroughs of the game. I guess I asked the question in the wrong way or something because people started jumping down my throat and telling me I didn't play the game instead of answering my question.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »
+1
Nah, it's all good, dude.
The first responses pretty much nailed it with regards to what happened.

It's only when you said that you didn't know about the masks that people went like this

Now that it's all been cleared up, was your question answered?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »
The main question, yes. I still don't really understand Zobek's motivations (unless it's just power?) or how he actually is going about fulfilling them, but I'm trying.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2013, 07:35:15 PM »
The main question, yes. I still don't really understand Zobek's motivations (unless it's just power?) or how he actually is going about fulfilling them, but I'm trying.
He wanted to kill the other Lords of Shadow but he couldn't do it so he used Gabriel, to get the God Mask that was said to be so powerful to challenge god himself, however he was ALSO played with by Satan who used zobek to use gabriel to get the mask and challenge god.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
+1
Well, that pretty much answers that.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »
...You see we are all wearing masks, Metaphorically speaking...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »

Yes... It is time to end this charade, and remove our masks...

(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 05:11:30 AM »

Ha ha! :D

You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags:

anything