Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Game Grumps - Dracula X  (Read 5971 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: October 26, 2013, 02:10:48 AM »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 11:58:07 AM »
+4
People actually find these two funny?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 12:53:58 PM »

Not this person. It DOES make me think I should give Dracula X another go though. Lol at them being terrible at Castlevania 4. xD

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 01:27:13 PM »
Somebody needs to tell them about Item Crashes. It really helps when you're first playing through the game until you get the hang of it. But anyway, Dracula X SNES is consistently in my Top 3 Castlevania games. It might be the most fun game in the series to pick up and play with its arcade flow.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »
So Dracula X is their next Castlevania run? I've been waiting for it since their CV1 playthrough. They might not be the planet's most accomplished comedians, but their videos are always entertaining.

Well, it's only a matter of time until they reach Dracula...  ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:36:40 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 04:31:21 PM »

At first I found them kind of annoying, but their Mickey Mousecapade and Radical Rex videos convinced me that these two dudes are the shit.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 05:11:04 PM »
does arcade flow mean it plays like haunted castle

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »
PART 2 is up now. There are actually genuinely funny moments if you give them long enough. But I have to say, they are really giving this game a lot of credit for having come into it so late. It's refreshing to hear someone talking about the pure gameplay/visual reaction, rather than over-thinking it and nit-picking its flaws. They're having a lot of fun with it. They went so far as to say it was more in the classic vein of Castlevania visually and gameplay-wise than Super Castlevania IV. I imagine the alternate path coming up will trip them up a bit, though.

does arcade flow mean it plays like haunted castle

I've never played Haunted Castle, so I could only speculate to that point. But what I mean is that it has a really snappy pace that pushes you forward with a variety of enemies and obstacles one after the next, and after each stage, there's a score tally screen where you can earn an extra life if you survived with no damage.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 07:58:49 PM »
Can't wait for some folks to post about how PISSED OFF THEY ARE that the Game Grumps dudes "can't get their facts straight." :p Simon was in Castlevania III, Alucard is really Dracula, etc.

I love watching these videos and people playing these games for the first time because that weird jadedness isn't there. "This game's fuckin' AWESOME!" It reminds me of kickin' back with a couple old buddies of mine and just playing something for the fun of it.

I like what they're saying about the use of color in horror and it effecting a certain kind of mood. You don't see much color in a lot of horror games or movies, but really, all them mofos need to steal pages from The Book of Bava and see how damn creepy proper use of color can be in a horror setting.

Black Sabbath - the drop of water ending
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 08:06:58 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 08:55:34 PM »
When these two guys started talking about Blue Oyster Cult I was disappointing that not once had they mentioned the song 'Veteran of the Psychic Wars'. It was featured in the Heavy Metal movie for God's sake! Also while watching the vid I was waiting for them to discover the back flip and the jumping on and off the stars.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 09:53:55 AM »
+2
>Admitting that you're bad at Castlevania IV
>Expecting to get anywhere in Dracula X SNES

okay guy.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 09:58:59 AM »
Game Grumps stopped being entertaining when Jon left. Him and Arin had a legit chemistry going, but of course, it's all fucked now because of whatever happened between them.

I don't buy that Jon moving to Ny was the reason, or because he wanted to focus on his own channel. (He hasn't done that much)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 06:51:34 PM »
Game Grumps stopped being entertaining when Jon left. Him and Arin had a legit chemistry going, but of course, it's all fucked now because of whatever happened between them.

I don't buy that Jon moving to Ny was the reason, or because he wanted to focus on his own channel. (He hasn't done that much)
Oh, dear. So Jon has left Game Grumps? I was wondering why Danny was taking over the "not-so-grump" duties, but I was somehow unaware that Jon had left. A pity; the two made a great pair.
Well, let's see if this new "Steam Train" can hold true to its spirit. I hope it doesn't run out of steam too quickly...
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 07:10:25 AM »
All these two ever do is talk about penis, yell into their microphones, sing horribly, and talk about stupid shit not pertaining to the game all while sucking at said game. I mean.. They said Castlevania IV was impossible for shit's sake.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »
I mean.. They said Castlevania IV was impossible for shit's sake.

Just wait till they get further along in Dracula X. They might just change their minds after a while considering the game's difficulty. SCV 4 was easier then this title, especially when you factor in the Dracula fight sequence on pillars. And that's only IF they make it that far.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: