Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV is running out of timeline...  (Read 27019 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 08:19:17 PM »
IGA said that the Belmonts wouldn't wield the VK until 1999. Until then, the Morris clan is holding it, and I would think that means, right up to 1999 itself. So Jonathan's son, or his grandson would be the one who gives the VK to 19-year old Julius. Who knows, it might even be an old Jonathan himself that shows up.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »
In Reply To #31
Are you suggesting a Morris could be involved with J & co. during 1999? That sounds interesting..

Genya Arikado

Re: CV is running out of timeline...
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 09:43:08 PM »

Are you suggesting a Morris could be involved with J & co. during 1999? That sounds interesting..

will never happen. that would be so stupid.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 11:21:29 PM »
I don't see how that would be stupid, but I doubt any Morris would make anything but a brief storyline appearance for such a game.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2008, 01:31:40 AM »
Yeah, knowing iga the most he'd do would be a one liner in the prologue text.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2008, 06:21:42 AM »
I don't see how that would be stupid, but I doubt any Morris would make anything but a brief storyline appearance for such a game.

As long as it's very brief, like an in and out sort of thing, then I down with that. But why make sprites for just a walk-on role?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2008, 07:35:30 AM »
Code: [Select]
"Year 1999, the bridging of 2 milleniums. Over 100 years has passed ever since Dracula's last real revival.

The Demon Lord has returned, this time at the peak of his power he could not reach ever since he was defeated by the legendary warrior, Trevor Belmont.

With the return of Dracula, nostradamus's great prophecy has fulfilled itself. A new, global war has started and claimed millions of innocent lives. The governments from all over Europe sent their troops to Wallachia in advance, but none of them returned. Many bounty hunters set off on their own expecting a hefty reward, but they also vanished.

Finally, losing all hope the church remembered about an ancient family who fought and defeated Dracula for over 1000 years. The Belmont family.

Its most recent heir, Julius Belmont, finally free from the curse that rendered his family unable to wield the whip for over 100 years, recovers what rightfully belongs to him from the Morris family and sets off for the dark castle to end Dracula's reign once for all."

Then the background fades in, enter Julius at the castle entrance where he meets Alucard, the Belnades etc and the game begins.

That's how i see the 1999 event start up, and the morris involvement in it. :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 07:42:38 AM by Serio »

Genya Arikado

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2008, 07:52:36 AM »
"Year 1999, the bridging of 2 milleniums. Over 100 years has passed ever since Dracula's last real revival.

The Demon Lord has returned, this time at the peak of his power he could not reach ever since he was defeated by the legendary warrior, Trevor Belmont.

With the return of Dracula, nostradamus's great prophecy has fulfilled itself. A new, global war has started and claimed millions of innocent lives.[/quote]

I like so far
[quote]
 The governments from all over Europe sent their troops to Wallachia in advance, but none of them returned. Many bounty hunters set off on their own expecting a hefty reward, but they also vanished. [/quote]

WTF!!!! No, government is not involved in castlevania. It's  sapposed to be all cultish. REWRITE!!!
[quote]

Finally, losing all hope the church remembered about an ancient family who fought and defeated Dracula for over 1000 years. The Belmont family.

Its most recent heir, Julius Belmont, finally free from the curse that rendered his family unable to wield the whip for over 100 years, recovers what rightfully belongs to him from the Morris family and sets off for the dark castle to end Dracula's reign once for all."[/quote]

I like it now. What curse?

Then the background fades in, enter Julius at the castle entrance where he meets Alucard, the Belnades etc and the game begins.

That's how i see the 1999 event start up, and the morris involvement in it. :P

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2008, 08:09:24 AM »
You messed up your quotes. :P

Government because unlike the 1400s when church was in power and had its armies of templars/palladins, today church has no power. And I wanted to emphasize the war and many people dying to Drac's armies to give a slight nod to cv3.

As for the curse, it's a guess. Iga said that Richter was the last Belmont to be recognised as a true Belmont by the whip before 1999 (hence he's the whip's avatar during the battles), so my guess is his son must have done something abominable enough to cause the whole "belmonts, gtfo and away from the whip" thing, that lasted until 1999.

And during the time when morrises borrowed the whip the Belmonts were searching for a way to cleanse themselves of their ancestor's sins to be deemed worthy to wield the weapon once again.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 08:17:46 AM »
Sorry for messing up hte quotes. I just like the govenment parts, the rest I like. What code does this site use? I'm used to HTML.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 08:34:10 AM »
[quote][/quote]
For quotes. Anything between the brackets counts as a quote.

<code></code>
But replace the <>'s with square brackets

For code. Stuff like c++, html etc, so that it won't get broken with smilies etc. and also can be used as an alternative to quotes when you just want to emphasize something without making it look like you quoted someone else.

Just check the buttons on the top rows and use preview to test the effects.

Btw.
WTF!!!! No, government is not involved in castlevania. It's
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:40:17 AM by Serio »

Genya Arikado

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2008, 08:38:09 AM »
In Reply To #41

ok, thnx

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2008, 08:40:08 AM »
In Reply To #41

Untrue, the crusades were by the pope wasn't it?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2008, 08:41:39 AM »
In Reply To #43

In the middle ages. The 1999 event is happening in our present times, and there are no crusades are there? :P

Genya Arikado

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2008, 08:42:58 AM »
Arikado in aos/dos was an agent from the government. :P
Hammer was also sent out by someone from the government i'd guess.
[/quote]

Hammer was there on his own free will.

Arikado being there as part of the govenment was a ruse.

And, actually there are crusades, just not the same type as before.

Tags:

anything