Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV is running out of timeline...  (Read 27015 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2008, 04:25:28 PM »
I don't know, I don't find anything wrong with CV as it is right now. I understand everything perfectly fine, IGA's vanias included.

If someone wanted to make something as simple as they can, just go out and do that classic "Drac resurrects, Belmonts take up the whip to kill him", nothing more, nothing less. The old games were so simple that way.

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2008, 04:46:45 PM »
I kind of wish they would do that again.. after SOTN it seems like every GBA and DS CV game used the same explorative style.
I do miss the days of just going through a level fighting off bad guys making my war to drac.. only thing i do not miss is the time limits.. i hate timers.. i want to take my own friggen time getting through a level lol.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »
I agree with you, especially about the timers.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Friedenshund

• Markhor
    • Awards
Re: CV is running out of timeline...
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
Hi everyone ;)

As for the curse, it's a guess. Iga said that Richter was the last Belmont to be recognised as a true Belmont by the whip before 1999 (hence he's the whip's avatar during the battles), so my guess is his son must have done something abominable enough to cause the whole "belmonts, gtfo and away from the whip" thing, that lasted until 1999.

Well, I think it could

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »
Well, I think it could

Offline Friedenshund

• Markhor
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2008, 01:18:04 PM »
hm...maybe because it happened a second time or something like that...

Well, I hope they will explain it in The Demon Castle Wars. And a explanation in the manual would be the least they could do *sigh*

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2008, 01:29:31 PM »
Maybe Richter becomes an alcoholic and can't get the whip back until he completes his 12 step program....sadly, Richter dies in a horse accident while riding under the influence.

But seriously, what could Richter do that would punish his family like that? I like the idea, I hope they do something like that, I just don't know what it could be.
Of course, maybe, since there are no Renard ancestors, maybe he kills Maria with the whip. I don't know why maybe something to do with the 'Maria turning into a demon ending' in SotN. Killing a pure soul with the Vampire Killer probably wouldn't be good....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:31:02 PM by profbeanburrito »
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2008, 01:33:14 PM »

And despite that, we got Simon who had no trouble with the whip. Hell, he went and single handedly handed drac's ass to him.

It's Simon. I wouldn't expect anything less. >_>

When did it say that the Belmonts couldn't handle the whip in between Dracula's ressurections? Juste, Trevor in CoD, Simon in SQ, Richter in SotN, heck, Leon had the whip when Dracula was still Mathias.

IGA said something happened after SotN that caused the whip to be passed to the Morris family. That's the only instance of the whip being seperated from the Belmonts.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »
It's Simon. I wouldn't expect anything less. >_>

When did it say that the Belmonts couldn't handle the whip in between Dracula's ressurections? Juste, Trevor in CoD, Simon in SQ, Richter in SotN, heck, Leon had the whip when Dracula was still Mathias.

IGA said something happened after SotN that caused the whip to be passed to the Morris family. That's the only instance of the whip being seperated from the Belmonts.

I believe Serio was referring to Simon having no trouble wielding the Vampire Killer even though he was cursed by Dracula.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »
And Richter also wielded the Vampire Killer when you fought him in SotN.

Or am I missing something? ;_;
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2008, 03:30:14 PM »
That and the fact that even though the same thing that happens to richter happened to Simon's ancestor, they didn't have to give the whip to anyone else.

Which is why I think it wasn't Richter who caused the whole thing, but his son. Richter was still remembered as a hero by the whip (hell it uses him as its avatar), so I doubt if he were to shame the family to the point they couldn't even use the whip anymore he'd be remembered at all, and you'd probably fight someone else in pork.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »
A Belmont gone awry of his own will? That'd be interesting to see, but I have a feeling that it'd be something minor like 'to wield ultimate powah for 1999, you must give it up till then' or the like.

Steve

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2008, 08:31:56 PM »
In Reply To #86

The Whip's Memory taking Richter's form just meant he was the last Belmondo to use it.  It wasn't a matter of honor or anything.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2008, 04:24:44 PM »
A Belmont gone awry of his own will? That'd be interesting to see, but I have a feeling that it'd be something minor like 'to wield ultimate powah for 1999, you must give it up till then' or the like.

I hate how Iga made the Belmonts lose the power to wield the Vampire Killer and I can totally see him copping out and using the " A Belmont mustn't use the Vampire Killer until 1999 for it to be at it's maximum strength" excuse. However,  what if Richter was so ashamed of succumbing to Shaft's spell and, thinking that Dracula was finally defeated by Alucard, gave the Vampire Killer to the Morris'. I know it's pretty lackluster but I can't see it being done too many other ways since the Vampire Killer's last memory of a Belmont was Richter. If he trained his son to use it, his son would most likely be the whip's last memory of a Belmont.

Edit: Or maybe St. Germain could have had something to do with it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 05:32:05 PM by Thomas Belmont »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2008, 02:00:43 AM »
I'm tired of remakes. New material is next.

Also, there's plenty of timeline between the years 1094 & 1476.

I agree I wanna see some of this awesome power that caused the belmonts to become feared by everyone else and caused the pope to have an insanely hard time tracking Trevor/Ralph down for Legend of Demon Castle. (not that it's not present in the older games, they just really didn't have the tech at the time dealing with 2d sprites to show what the belmonts powers could possibly look like in real life)
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything