Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Dungeon status, now and in future?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline olrox2

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Castlevania Dungeon status, now and in future?
« on: March 04, 2014, 06:24:16 AM »
I have been wondering this, does Konami care about Castlevania Dungeon? I know some fan sites do have special partnerships with publishers, which allow them to get advantages: beta keys earlierthan other people, t-shirts, games to win, free travelling for conférences, regular conversations with the PR of the company....Blizzard for example has similar partnerships.

The counterpart with such partnership is it sometimes reduces the freedom of speech of members, who cant say too negative things about the Publisher, or cant talk about some subjects,etc.

Has Castlevania Dungeon ever planned to try to get a official partnership or is it just not possible, or just not what owners wish?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania Dungeon status, now and in future?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 07:41:13 AM »
certain cv people lurk around here, and people with connections too. i think thats all we really need. no need to be official or affiliated with konami
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 07:41:32 AM »
the main website hasnt even been updated since june 2012. but we have an active forum so adding content to the site doesnt matter amirite?

apparently nobody aint got time for dat

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:36:22 AM »
I think things are fine the way they are.

The main site could definitely use a big update though.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 12:13:42 PM »
Jorge's been wanting to update the main site but it's trickier than what it seems. Also, I don't think it matters if Konami really likes the fan sites or not, though the Contra HQ got a special thanks in the credits for Contra 4.

Tags:

anything