Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why are so many people against "Kid Dracula" being Alucard? I don't get it?  (Read 8572 times)

Offline RegalSin

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
I am sure I do not have to say, wikipedia is not a source for everything ( so says the power of college professors ). However, lets be realistic, without this game would Alucard, have been around for Symphony Of The Night? Seeing how death appears at the beginning, of both games, simular to magi-koopa in Mario world.

What we have to understand, their are many games, where the character has a chibi, SD, or even morphed appearance. This is how games are mostly on the 2d consoles, personally some games work better like this, then all being over sized fighter graphics or, "Prince of Persia" Graphics.

So far the problem I am seeing, is that the fan-base is playing it cool, when it comes to Kid Dracula, because of the abuse towards the idea itself, across western shores? Could it just be a western bias of Kid Dracula, or does people want to get drunk and forget about who Alucard is really.

What if he had the appearance of his Vampire self from the third game? what then? Of course I am talking about how the sprite looked, very much like an 1950's B&W movie dracula we all know from Halloween costumes, but that same appearance in SOTN? I believe that KD, appearance itself,

About the futuristic worlds and all. 1797 pretty much equals 11797 and if that was the case ( this is from the Castlevania wiki ), chances are the development of the SOTN project revovled around the PSX game as a remix, of the Kid Dracula game, but they just made the entire game take place in the Castle, and the underworld. Is that not kinda odd, that without that one, one, the two years match up. Alucard awakens to stop evil, and death takes away his fathers items from him.

The only way that Alucard could not be, Kid Dracula is that if the "Time Reapear was sent from the future by, Galamoth. Oh wait a second Galamoth is that giant thing in SOTN, which takes place in 11797 - 10000. That is interesting, seeing how that boss, was their as well, because a giant T-rex, dressed up as an Egyptian, pulling a star-gate, kinda made no sense. Was this the boss that was chained down?

It just seems that SOTN, was sappose to be a sequel to Kid Dracula, because the official game, had went to the N64, leaving the PSX for open production of anything, Strange how the final boss of the PSX game is "Alien", and I am sure that "Alien" references are being made all over SOTN, in relation to Kid Dracula. So obvious, but we ignore it.

So Kid Dracula/Alucard is kinda like that loop-hole that makes no logical sense, but to make a teenish version of Dracula, for the PSX crowd............

And that is why Dracula X: Rondo of Blood is the last real CV game.....the end. Everybody ignores that because CV games are just so fun and cool looking, and Konomi needs money.

Yeah SOTN, one wacky game when you think about it, not the most perfect CV game, but a CV game that exploited the powers of high powered 3d game systems, not saying the PCE can't do it, I am saying, when you look it at from a KD perspective, very wacky game indeed. Like what Nintendo did with Kirby on the NES, after the GB games was a success.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I am sure I do not have to say, wikipedia is not a source for everything ( so says the power of college professors ).

Wikipedia

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Oh dear, RegalSin, you are over thinking much. But if that is what floats your boat, so be it, just don't rub the idea too much on other folk who think otherwise.

Wikipedia... :facepalm:

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It's not a good idea to rely heavily on wikipedia. It's just like that actor had said, anyone can put up information on wikipedia. But you have to ask yourself; "How much of that information is genuine?" Lot's of people have contributed to it and others (though their numbers are small) have contributed false info as well. And then there are those how contribute their own personal views on what kind of info they want to public to read. When relying on such a site take it with a grain of salt.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline MathUser

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Those pics show a much better looking cv legends, you don't have more pictures like that, do you?

I think X meant it was included in the timeline at some point.

Seriously.

Actually, before IGA created his timeline, the bio from the Kid Dracula manual says Dracula from Akumajo Densetsu is his father. So there was at least a small connection.

And as far as I know, despite taking place in a time rift, information from Judgment is canon no matter how lame people may think it is.

Offline Morning star

• Vanquishing Evil Since 1987
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Vintage video game collector.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
It's not a good idea to rely heavily on wikipedia. It's just like that actor had said, anyone can put up information on wikipedia. But you have to ask yourself; "How much of that information is genuine?" Lot's of people have contributed to it and others (though their numbers are small) have contributed false info as well. And then there are those how contribute their own personal views on what kind of info they want to public to read. When relying on such a site take it with a grain of salt.

True story. If you try to read anything about classic nes on Wikipedia you find out really fast that it's been infiltrated by people selling reproduction games. I don't remember reproduced being part of the official nes library.. That's just one example, but i have seen many more.

This magic whip could be an example of advanced alien technology.

Tags:

anything