Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Circle of the Moon on Wii U Virtual Console  (Read 5359 times)

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Circle of the Moon on Wii U Virtual Console
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 01:03:25 PM »
Sweet!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 01:14:47 PM »
This is pretty cool. It's one of my favorites and I think one of the best games in the series, so good it'll be getting some more recognition. But I've already got the cartridge and a GCN Gameboy player so this release isn't alluring for me in particular.

However the last line in that article:

"...it's so much less lonely playing older games when people are actively talking about them on Miiverse."

Grabbed me. Do people really feel "lonely" playing games that no one else is talking about? What a peculiar attitude, or maybe I'm abnormal for thinking this way? Obviously since we're on this forum we all enjoy talking about the games we like/are playing but, to say being unable to do so is "lonely" seems a bit odd. People might talk about how refreshing it is to find someone with similar interests but I've never heard someone talk about it being lonely to watch older movies or read books other than current best sellers. Maybe it's just a side effect of the interactive nature of the medium somehow? Am I/retro gamers unusual in this?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:16:29 PM by Ratty »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:48:46 PM »
I don't think you're lonely when playing the games...

...but I will say that sharing your experiences on Miiverse with fellow gameplayers is so fulfilling and enriching an experience.  I would doodle stuff after each battle when I was playing Castlevania III and Super Castlevania IV.  And it's nice to share game tips with the younger generation when they get stuck.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:10:01 PM »
Ive felt lonely after playin mp games when I go back to sp games. Its an odd feeling. I also kinda get that when I DL shows and watch em instead of watching em when they come on for the first time. Like watchin an episode a day later or somethin instead of watchin it "live" with everyone else. Its a really weird sensation

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 07:39:41 AM »
Will they add more rooms like the Saturn version of SotN?

:D

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »

What?  ???
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 11:09:11 AM »

That's only if there was content cut out prior to the release of CotM. But I've heard absolutely nothing of the kind. CotM had nothing missing and was released as such. There's not much more they could cram in there and the story itself isn't missing anything either. The game is complete as is and the story-while simple-is complete as well.

Grabbed me. Do people really feel "lonely" playing games that no one else is talking about? What a peculiar attitude, or maybe I'm abnormal for thinking this way? Obviously since we're on this forum we all enjoy talking about the games we like/are playing but, to say being unable to do so is "lonely" seems a bit odd. People might talk about how refreshing it is to find someone with similar interests but I've never heard someone talk about it being lonely to watch older movies or read books other than current best sellers. Maybe it's just a side effect of the interactive nature of the medium somehow? Am I/retro gamers unusual in this?

This doesn't make sense to me either. I've never in any way felt lonely when playing a game that nobody else plays or has played yet. Instead it offers me a unique perspective in my life. As though I participated in something that no-one else has. That's what I get out of it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline EisaKrieger

• Elemental Warrior
  • Hunter in Training
    • My Cv: Fjording of the Abyss page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 12:24:46 PM »
Ha, I've just been playing CotM this weekend.  Magician mode is a lot of fun.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 10:34:19 PM »
My favorite is the warrior mode (GRADIUS)  ;D

Just like a traditional Belmont; Lot's of strength.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theANdROId

• Legendary Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 10:02:28 AM »
I actually liked the shooter mode...or whatever it was called...the one where subweapons were stronger.  I lost my copy years ago and haven't found a replacement yet, so I'll be glad for this to come to the virtual console.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 12:45:20 PM »
Magician is the weakest for me. Lot's of mp and spell combinations, but your low hp/def, makes you a glass magician. Shooter is very cool, but warrior is by far the best, only a normal lv99 can surpass it. Last thief/luck mode, gives you unlimited items.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 11:02:47 AM »
I actually liked the shooter mode...or whatever it was called...the one where subweapons were stronger.

If i remember correctly Shooter mode is where you have unlimited usage of your sub-weapons. So you can spam those boomerangs on enemies to your 'heart's' content.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 03:08:52 PM »

Nah I'd say this will probably just be a straight copy of the original game.

What?  ???

Yeah the Japan exclusive Sega Saturn version of SOTN had some exclusive items/characters/areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lADAa9ouVlM

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 04:01:13 PM »
Aren't the Virtual Console games just emulations of the actual games? If so, that alone should say it's the same game, though I wouldn't be surprised if they made some slight modifications to the game, as this happens sometimes in emulations (though nothing major like DXC's emulated SotN redubbing the game and giving us Maria as a playable character and boss).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags:

anything