Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Of the four playable 3D LOS characters who did you like best  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
Of the four playable 3D LOS characters who did you like best
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:29:25 AM »
I am not sure you can count (NPI) Laura as one of them but of Gabriel, Laurua, Dracula and Alucard who did you most enjoy?
For me I would have to put Dracula at the bottom since he just didn't control as tight as his previous incarnation. Then Laura would be next since she didnt get much air time (the white mans curse strikes again....I mean white woman....girl....uh tragic pale blood sucking vampiric demon child?). I really enjoyed playing as Alucard and if he had more in the way of story line to play like with Laura it would have enhanced the saga. I would put him neck and neck with Gabriel (I got to stop with those vampire puns).

Then again how many really loved this reboot?               

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Of the four playable 3D LOS characters who did you like best
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 10:55:11 PM »
Gabriel in 1 was great, very solid Belmont character.

Alucard in LoS2 was really great as well, finally using a sword instead of just an evil whip.

Dracula in 2 was actually really fun to play as, but I would say i liked him if only because everything else about that game makes me bitter.

but strictly gameplaywise, Dracula was pretty fun.

Although maybe its just me,. but it feels like counterattacks didnt work, or weren't quite as good as in LoS.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Of the four playable 3D LOS characters who did you like best
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 09:49:47 PM »
A tie between Alucard in LOS2 and Gabriel in LOS1

Tags:

anything