Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles Japanese region unique glitch  (Read 2945 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Castlevania Chronicles Japanese region unique glitch
« on: February 22, 2015, 07:08:40 PM »
The glitch happened after the player had beaten the block 6 boss mirror creature, if you waste too much time or have awkward behavior during the boss fight you will be "punished" by taking the invisible hit.
It's a shame that this is a JP-region-only "behavior" or "glitch" and there seems to have no way to see it in US region versions. Japanese PSN version still suffer the horrible curse left by the Dark Lord IGA and it could be considered a modified revision of the same damn game.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 07:13:08 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles Japanese region unique glitch
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:26:40 PM »
It's a shame that this is a JP-region-only "behavior" or "glitch" and there seems to have no way to see it in US region versions.

This would piss me off if it was also in the US version. Playing Chronicles for the first time was no easy task. And the last thing I would want is a "Punishment" glitch to foul my day any further. I'm glad it's not in the US release  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 03:15:54 AM »
Actually you can do some fancy things by using stopwatch in Japanese versions. If you bring a stopwatch and defeat Dracula, use a stopwatch just before grabbing the ball and beat the game, the staff roll would show a different color (the color scheme of things being affected by stopwatch in-game).

And a music playback issue could happen when you use a stopwatch during the time a boss has been defeated. The stage clear music will sometimes come out before grabbing the boss's ball. I'm not sure if it's really THE infamous music issue exist in the Japanese version, but Japanese PSN version (launched February 12, 2014 in JP region) does have problems related to stopwatch.

The accursed evil IGA! One thing, the man named Matsufuji is always in the staff member of GBA and DS handheld Castlevania games related to IGA. His name is only exist in the JP versions.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 03:31:23 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »
One thing, the man named Matsufuji is always in the staff member of GBA and DS handheld Castlevania games related to IGA. His name is only exist in the JP versions.

Strange, I wonder what he did to only get a special thanks in the Japanese and not the English releases? Guess it's probably something to do with company politics, or making space for the English credits by removing this guy's name perhaps. Though that seems unlikely.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:19:04 AM »
I've heard the Japanese version of Chronicles has quite a few instances of glitching. I say good on Konami for correcting them for the US release, makes it seem less broken (even if they did omit the doll voices).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 07:07:07 AM »
This doesn't really sound like a glitch that anyone WOULD want in their game. It's not a cool glitch like for sequence breaking or anything.

Tags: