Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 474876 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3375 on: May 24, 2018, 05:51:59 AM »
But when Inti Creates's goal was clearly to make a notCV3, would it have killed them to use something similar to the NES's soundchip?

They are actually mimicking how CVIII sounded, music-wise... Just not the American version of it.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3376 on: May 24, 2018, 07:41:57 AM »
Not gonna lie, a part of me wishes that they would just do their own thing instead of mimicking CV3 down to the T. There’s nothing truly “unique” going on there

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3377 on: May 24, 2018, 08:54:24 AM »
I feel the same, I will love to see shin by its own and not because its a Castlevania Clone (saying this in a good way) but still I can see why they make that, people wanted a Castlevania 3 for years so this is the answer.
 Something I dont like it, I didnt play it but saw a friend and I wasnt sure because he play a little until the second area its why you choose the characters like that, L and R and cycle, I will love something like the transformation of Alucard so L for Zangtsu, R for Miriam and the L2 and R2 for the other characters, I know that for reach the character in the other way you just have to press 2 times the button and it will be no differences but for me at least I can do a difference (I think :3 ), amm only nitnitpicking, im in any way trying to say its bad, its a good game.

Oh I dont like the boss music :v

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3378 on: May 24, 2018, 10:46:53 AM »
the secret true ultimate final boss is AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIING!!    :o OH MY WAFFLES!!!!!!!  they really exceeded expectations with boss design and mechanics.

that level of ingenuity you dont even find in some of the most ambitious RPGs!!!!!!!!   and from Castlevania standpoint, its nothing short of innovative, revolutionary and MINDBLOWING boss fight design!!!!!!!!

now I can confirm Bloodstained COTM blows away CVIII and then some.  what an outstanding retro masterpiece!!!!!

and that secret ending. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL   nooo they didnt.   ;D  wow people that see that are gonna have nostalgia go through the roof.

this really is incredible.   didnt think ini creates had such talent within COTM planning and designing.

this makes anticipation for Ritual of the Night even greater!!!!!!!!

Offline Zuljaras

• Castle of Nightmares (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3379 on: May 24, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
The game came to the EU eShop and I instantly bought it on my Switch.

It ... is ... AMAZING!!!

We MUST support such releases! This is what a Castlevania retro game should look like in 2018!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3380 on: May 24, 2018, 11:35:56 AM »
Quick question, I've just selected my platform for the retro game... but it's behind deadline (work and lacking of checking every update), what happens?

I thought I read that if you don't select your platform in time you get defaulted to the Steam version. However, given that there was a delay in the codes, this may be altered. If you were able to still select it (i.e. it wasn't locked), there may have been an unspoken grace period. You might be able to direct this question to orders[at]fangamer.com. (Replace at with @, obviously)

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3381 on: May 24, 2018, 01:23:05 PM »
Finished the first three levels, really enjoying it so far. Hopefully I'll have time to finish it later tonight.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3382 on: May 24, 2018, 03:58:54 PM »
Cleared normal mode. What an ingenious way to encourage a second playthrough. It'll probably remind you of
(click to show/hide)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Can't stop listening to Oonagh music
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #3383 on: May 24, 2018, 05:39:21 PM »
Whoa. Hearts actually heal you now.

Finally, a Castlevania game that actually makes sense. And it's technically not a Castlevania game.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3384 on: May 24, 2018, 07:18:28 PM »
I got my digital Steam copy.
The game crashed (abrupt quit) on me somewhat late in the game.
Almost as if it didn't want me to finish it.  It was after the bathtub boss.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3385 on: May 24, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
:o OH MY WAFFLES!!!!!!! 
Love this phrase haha.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3386 on: May 24, 2018, 09:35:25 PM »
The game continues to grow on me. I had high expectations but it’s still much better than I imagined.

Also, does anyone else think the vampire is by far the best character?

On a side note, I made the game crash by immediately turning into a bat after switching characters. Not sure if something I did was the cause or something with the level (8)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:55:43 PM by VladOfWallachia »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3387 on: May 24, 2018, 10:05:52 PM »
I just beat it on normal mode in about an hour. Miriam is by far my fav character. I went back and started a new game on the next mode and beat the first stage then quit for the night. Overall Im damn impressed! They did a great job all around. No crashes or anything odd with my playthru on steam. I did get started a little later than some of you guys that have already posted and my game version is 1.1

Aridale Noblebrook Belmont

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Can't stop listening to Oonagh music
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #3388 on: May 24, 2018, 10:16:30 PM »
Not gonna lie, a part of me wishes that they would just do their own thing instead of mimicking CV3 down to the T. There’s nothing truly “unique” going on there
When did you ever fight a train in CV3?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3389 on: May 24, 2018, 11:12:12 PM »
Never had any crashes. Maybe that's cause I downloaded it for play on the Switch instead of steam, who knows. I enjoyed it and it felt like they combined CV with just a small touch of Mega man. Miriam is also a fav. Mainly because of the whip. Once RotN is released then I can see where the 8-bit prequel left off  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: