Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Elder Scrolls... Legends?  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: June 16, 2015, 03:09:45 PM »
Bethesda reveals Doom, Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, and then... this?

It's unnecessary, to say the least.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:54:33 PM »
Why the hell would I want to play a card game when I would rather play an actual ES game? I think Bethesda is losing its grasp on what a true Elder scrolls game really is. It's not a card game nor is it an MMO. It's a vast open-world, single-player, sandbox RPG with an amazing story and deep, rich history & lore.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:01:01 AM »
Why the hell would I want to play a card game when I would rather play an actual ES game? I think Bethesda is losing its grasp on what a true Elder scrolls game really is. It's not a card game nor is it an MMO. It's a vast open-world, single-player, sandbox RPG with an amazing story and deep, rich history & lore.

I dunno, I think saying Bethesda is "losing their grip" over those things is a bit harsh. ESO is a spin-off, and this is just a card game. There's a card game for almost everything nowadays since those are really popular lately. Even Resident Evil has a card game (one that is REALLY fun, I might add). And ESO is an MMO spin-off, nothing to get mad at them about. At least they're not calling it The Elder Scrolls VI.

*looks at Square Enix with FFXI and FFXIV*

On top of that Skyrim came out 4 years ago. Oblivion came out 5 years before that. Morrowind 4 years before that. I think there's going to be quite a lot of time before they unveil a current-gen Elder Scrolls game, since the world is obviously going to be even more massive.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:03:19 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 10:09:18 AM »
I own ESO and for an ES MMO it's not bad, but there are somethings about it that don't translate well from single player to MMO. A card game based on ES seems rather pointless to me. But believe me what I said isn't as harsh as it could have been. Right now Konami has that harshness trophy in platinum. I just feel that ES should remain as it is when we were first introduced to it. It's popular so why mess with a good thing and risk diluting it?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »
I own ESO and for an ES MMO it's not bad, but there are somethings about it that don't translate well from single player to MMO. A card game based on ES seems rather pointless to me. But believe me what I said isn't as harsh as it could have been. Right now Konami has that harshness trophy in platinum. I just feel that ES should remain as it is when we were first introduced to it. It's popular so why mess with a good thing and risk diluting it?

It's for branching it out as a franchise. Neither of these are main titles thus they're nothing to be worrying about. It's different in the sense of like, say, Castlevania, where after Order of Ecclesia came misstep after misstep (Judgment, Harmony of Despair, Lords of Shadow, Mirror of Fate, Lords of Shadow 2). While two of those were spinoffs (that did horribly, mind you), the next three were main titles (the first of which did well, but the next two did badly).

While a card game may seem pointless to you, there are people who play card games a lot and it may be of interest to them. Hell, it might even be a fun card game. But I don't necessarily think the card game is anything to be worried about.

Elder Scrolls has always been a good thing, yeah. But Bethesda is a business, and if they find a little side-project that they can make money off of, generally they'll go for it. Besides, I have no doubt in my mind that they have a completely separate side group handling the card game. The whole thing, in all, is just building on a brand name. It's definitely something that calls for confusion, since no one saw it coming. But say Bethesda is "losing their grasp" on what Elder Scrolls is is a bit too harsh a statement for this.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags:

anything