Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: #UnsubTheFineBros  (Read 8445 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 10:58:00 PM »
https://medium.com/@FineBrothersEnt/a-message-from-the-fine-brothers-a18ef9b31777#.4tarqe78b

There it is in black and white.

I'm not trying to bash them, nor am I making this up. Their loss of subscription will be punishment enough imo.

I've read that when it came out. Still lacks any honesty to it. This bit is a special gem:

The concerns people have about React World are understandable, and that people see a link between that and our past video takedowns, but those were mistakes from an earlier time. It makes perfect sense for people to distrust our motives here, but we are confident that our actions will speak louder than these words moving forward.

So, TL;DR: The concerns the internet has are understandable, but we still think you're a bunch of retards and didn't get what we meant. We will stop talking, and start doing.

Seems like they think they're right, but are saying what the internet wants to hear. But this might be just me, since I still don't trust their words.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:01:59 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 11:01:57 PM »
I've read that when it came out. Still lacks any honesty to it.

Seems like they think they're right, but are saying what the internet wants to hear. But this might be just me, since I still don't trust their words.

I don't trust them at all, maybe they won't even rescind the patents, at this point what would they have to lose aside from subscribers and respect.. Oh wait..
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 01:39:55 AM »
I've read that when it came out. Still lacks any honesty to it. This bit is a special gem:

So, TL;DR: The concerns the internet has are understandable, but we still think you're a bunch of retards and didn't get what we meant. We will stop talking, and start doing.

Ineed, funny enough once I read the letter all I understood was: "We tried to set up a system that would let us screw over people, you noticed before it took root, so we are sorry we didn't hide it better."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 02:31:09 AM »
Ineed, funny enough once I read the letter all I understood was: "We tried to set up a system that would let us screw over people, you noticed before it took root, so we are sorry we didn't hide it better."

It's more like "we're sorry you all feel bad about us making money off you"
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 01:39:36 PM »
They're sorry because they got caught. That's all there is to it. Watch the actual apology video; they spend most of it patronizing viewers for not understanding them the first time and overall don't sound or act even remotely remorseful.

As I previously noted, this is a pretty open-and-shut case.

• They tried a powerplay, albeit a really stupid one.
  • They got caught and busted because they weren't ready for such a play and handled it poorly.
  • The powerplay blew up in their faces and they scrambled to save face while still trying to save the play on the side.
  • The backlash was so massive, they stopped trying to continue the side play and put all efforts into damage control.

And this is where we're at now.

Honestly, had they been a little more patient and a little less ambitious, and planned things out a bit more cleverly, this powerplay could have been a resounding success. But they weren't, they didn't, and it wasn't.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 06:56:51 AM »
+1
I have no idea who the Fine Bros are, but hopefully they aren't related to the Venture Bros, or the Warner Bros, and their sister Dot.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »
   1. They tried a powerplay, albeit a really stupid one.
   2. They got caught and busted because they weren't ready for such a play and handled it poorly.
   3. The powerplay blew up in their faces and they scrambled to save face while still trying to save the play on the side.
   4. The backlash was so massive, they stopped trying to continue the side play and put all efforts into damage control.

This is exactly what happened with Microsoft's XBONE security attempts. Then it was leaked and they were up shit creek.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."