Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dark Souls III Whip moveset  (Read 6400 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« on: April 06, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »
Seems a Castlevania style whip build could be viable the more its upgraded, and it looks to have a much more expansive moveset than Bloodborne's threaded cane (though the cane whip has cool bladed style to it, while Dark Souls whips are more leather.  but Dark Souls III moveset tops Bloodborne's)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iD_-IA-3Cw

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
I'm digging this, In due time I'll upgrade this toaster into a legit 1080p machine

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:38:11 PM »
Time to roll out those Belmont cosplays
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 08:00:55 AM »
Nice! Me likey!
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 04:41:42 PM »
ive done it, made a Simon Belmont build

the whip is a surprisingly viable weapon. Its got massive range and an arc to die for. the charged attacks can stun enemies which is nice. and it doesnt use much stamina, it's skill, while not terribly useful, doesnt take too much mana either
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 05:52:24 PM »
Nice! Whats your build? Whatd you start with? Looks like your still in basically the first area so hows it goin?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 06:45:45 PM »
I started deprived because none of the classes fit my goal for a Dex/Faith build. So i figured why not start deprived. 10 across all stats.

its gone alright. surprisingly well, although I HAVE died a lot more than i usually would. as of now, mostly to the evangelists. but I die to those normally anyway

hardest part is that whips cannot crit anymore. You can't riposte, backstab or plunging attack with them
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:53:47 PM by Flame »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 09:15:23 PM »
That's a good-looking Simon. did you try the look with blond hair first to see if it worked?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 10:09:18 PM »
I wanted to go more for a reddish brown, but the color picker in DaS3 is surprisingly shit. I couldnt make a very good brown, so i went with a more reddish since that's more recognizable

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 01:48:42 AM »
I started deprived because none of the classes fit my goal for a Dex/Faith build. So i figured why not start deprived. 10 across all stats.

Heh, same here, but I went for str and some int instead (just wanted to main a MLGS again)

I still haven't used a whip in any of the games, but I'd like to give it a try someday. Good to hear that it works, but it would be hard to get used to a weapon that doesn't backstab or plunge (I could take or leave riposting, since I don't use a shield or parry otherwise).

I do remember getting the crap kicked out of me by a dual whip invader once...wasn't expecting anything like that at all. Totally caught me off guard.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 09:16:29 AM »
well the nice thing about DaS3 is that if you attack an enemy while they are stunned or guard broken, (or if you counter them just as they attack) it does extra damage. so kick+L1 does winders

EDIT:
here we go. this is much better. NOW i'm ready to slay vampires

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 10:30:59 AM by Flame »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 06:23:47 PM »
Now that's how Mercurysteam should've handled Castlevania! Good job Flame ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: